At last ! A show worth watching on the damned Discovery Channel !!

At last ! A show worth watching on the damned Discovery Channel !!

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

January 31st, 2011, 2:18 am #1

How Beer Saved the World http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/s ... .26270.0.0

Did you know that Beer was critical to the birth of civilization? That?s right - Beer. Scientists and historians line up to tell the amazing, untold story of how beer helped create maths, poetry, Pyramids, modern medicine, labor laws and America.

Re-runs at 11 pm EST.

Von Richter.
Von Richter.

January 31st, 2011, 2:26 pm #2

January 31st, 2011, 11:20 pm #4

Good Christ! You only started 12 of 'em old man! The Dutch of course had New Amsterdam first!

I daresay you can't lump me, Loki, John Bryan and who knows how many of the other denizens here in with the colonials! I don't figure they let any Pollacks or various and sundry other Hunkies on the fekking Mayflower!

Besides, that would make me a cake eater! Fuck that shit!

mooster
mooster

February 3rd, 2011, 4:47 am #5

The Moosters have been drinking beer and pissing on this fine continent before throwing tea in harbors was all the rage and fashion - although after the Mayflower landing. So we are squarely guilty of kicking Englander asses twice over here and guilty of bailing them out of shit twice over there. A Mooster was even bright enough to get his ass shot off with Custer. Not necessarily a distinguished piece of our family military wisdom but always in the thick of it nonetheless.

Yup, guilty.

Of course it should be noted that manned flight had yet to be invented back during the ass-kicking sessions. So obviously the Von ancestral pool had yet to come to their fullest military potential and fruition; whether ruling the skies with wingmachines or jumping out of them for no good reason whatsoever.

Semi-related: I saw a commercial on TV where some guy traced his family history and proudly proclaimed that one of his forebearers had been a neighbor of the Wright Brothers. I said, "Great. So you were the fuckers who DIDN'T invent the airplane." Showed him. Or...at least it showed him as far as drunkenly yelling at the TV will show someone.

Peace,

Loki Luv, MD°
Loki Luv, MD°

February 3rd, 2011, 5:18 am #6

`
...without a certain couple of Polacks on hand...

Hello !

Pulaski..."father of American cavalry"

Kosciuszko..."instrumental in the victories at the Battle of Saratoga and West Point".

You're fucking welcome, America !

LoL

mooster
mooster

February 3rd, 2011, 5:26 am #7

That's why when we bailed out the Englanders the second time, we conveniently forgot to bail out the Polskis for whom the Englanders and Frogs jumped in the war in defense of to begin with.

Clever redneck crackers that we are.

John
John

February 3rd, 2011, 5:33 am #8

Nothing personal, but the vast majority of them still breathe underwater.

Dennis
Dennis

February 3rd, 2011, 10:32 am #9

Now we know how the Von managed to survive the frequent and massive beer drownings to which he has subjected himself!

Von Richter.
Von Richter.

February 3rd, 2011, 11:20 am #10

It never lets me down, it stimulates imagination, extends my legendary sexual prowess and then transports me happily away from the travails that life has heaped upon mi' shoulders... ALL HAIL BEER!!!