G Vallejo

9:03 PM - Jun 15, 2018 #61

tv horror wrote: Has there been any recent news about the magazines return from the dead.
I got an email asking to verify my address, etc. This was like a month ago. They said it’ll drop in October, so I don’t think there’s much news until then. Once they’re established and interacting with the fans again I was going to ask about the digital issues.
A perfect Monster has no end...

tv horror

11:24 PM - Jun 15, 2018 #62

Thank you my man.

dmarks1000

12:35 AM - Jun 16, 2018 #63

I asked about those digital issues.  Fango replied that they have a plan and will share at a later date. I hope there is a way to obtain traditional copies of those four issues.  I have the pdf’s, but it isn’t the same as having them on the shelf.

heenan82
heenan82

11:06 PM - Jun 22, 2018 #64

Does anyone have the digital copies of Fangoria 347 & 348 they'd be willing to share?

G Vallejo

6:36 PM - Jul 18, 2018 #65

I keep getting emails asking me to subscribe. I signed up for the free year as someone with a subscription when the magazine quit publishing. I wonder if I need to do anything now or just wait until my new free one gets close to the end.

tv horror

6:48 PM - Jul 18, 2018 #66

I was curious about the shipping to the U.K and placed a subscription in my cart $60 for the four issues and $39 for shipping, I cancelled my order before it was placed! That's a bit rich for me and the beauty was the old Fangoria had one of the best subscriptions from the U.S to the U.K.

G Vallejo

8:03 PM - Jul 18, 2018 #67

That is a shame. I know I buy a few things from the UK now and then and shipping can be either normal or outrageous. Much as I like Fango I’d probably balk at $25 an issue.

I remember when my family moved to the UK in late 1988. We got a list of forbidden things we couldn’t take into the country, and Fangoria was one of them. I don’t know what this list was. My dad was in the Air Force, so maybe it was a military thing. I had to leave my collection at my grandparents’ house. For years! Then when I get to the UK I see them in comics shops and at the base Stars & Stripes. (I think... I know for sure I saw issues at British comics stores but I can’t remember for sure if the base carried them as well.) I never understood that. I ended up with hardly any issues from my UK years and had to get them years later.

tv horror

6:10 PM - Jul 20, 2018 #68

G Vallejo wrote: That is a shame. I know I buy a few things from the UK now and then and shipping can be either normal or outrageous. Much as I like Fango I’d probably balk at $25 an issue.

I remember when my family moved to the UK in late 1988. We got a list of forbidden things we couldn’t take into the country, and Fangoria was one of them. I don’t know what this list was. My dad was in the Air Force, so maybe it was a military thing. I had to leave my collection at my grandparents’ house. For years! Then when I get to the UK I see them in comics shops and at the base Stars & Stripes. (I think... I know for sure I saw issues at British comics stores but I can’t remember for sure if the base carried them as well.) I never understood that. I ended up with hardly any issues from my UK years and had to get them years later.
I had to place a special order with my newsagent after I heard you could get it in the U.K, before that I was quite happy with the U.S subscription. 

tv horror

4:42 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #69

I received an email today saying that the issue has been shipped however they showed no cover, has anyone seen the cover or at least noticed the magazines issue number? 

Treys842

5:00 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #70

The magazine is numbered Volume 2 Issue 1. I have not seen the cover yet but was listening to a bonus episode of a podcast called Shock Waves where they were opening and looking through the first issue.

G Vallejo

7:05 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #71

Got my email, too! Can’t wait to get the new issue! And it’s my birthday today as well. Not a bad little present.

TomWeaver999

7:08 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #72

Well, happy birthday!

7:10 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #73

Mine was 9/17. I got a rock.

G Vallejo

10:37 PM - Oct 02, 2018 #74

TomWeaver999 wrote: Well, happy birthday!
Thanks, Tom!

Wolfman Joe

12:40 AM - Oct 03, 2018 #75

If you are in NYC this coming Thursday, October 4, slither on down to Forbidden Planet for Fango's relaunch party, featuring Fango royalty old and new:
https://www.forbiddenplanetnyc.com/fang ... ing-fpnyc/
Edit: looks like Michael Myers is the new Fango's cover boy - no surprise, given the new movie and all: oct-18-fangoria-final-cover.jpg
Last edited by Wolfman Joe on 11:55 PM - Oct 03, 2018, edited 1 time in total.

TomWeaver999

4:38 AM - Oct 03, 2018 #76

I love that, on the cover, they're using the MONSTERS - ALIENS - BIZARRE CREATURES line from the old-old days. (I started writing for them with #31; it had been dropped by then.)

G Vallejo

5:41 PM - Oct 03, 2018 #77

Yeah, I love how you’d never know it’s not from the 80s, except for Eli and Chuck at the top. It’s all Michael Meyers, Learherface, Suspiria, and Puppet Masters. Well, maybe that’s not a great thing. But it does inspire confidence, at least in me, that they’re aiming for the quality and feel of the old days. I always liked that the magazine was a good mixture of old and new, obscure and mainstream.

TomWeaver999

5:26 AM - Oct 05, 2018 #78

Good grief, there was a terrific turnout for the FANGO relaunch -- a long line out in the drizzle on Broadway, brought into the store five at a time, and it was an hour and a half or more before things settled down a bit. It was nice that the original publisher Norm Jacobs showed up, (a) because it was good to see him again, and (b) because until he showed up, I was the oldest one there. It occurred to me that Tony Timpone and I were working for FANGO before a lot of people in the line were born. (Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!) Also there were a bunch of indie filmmakers who must have followings, because a lot of customers were agape at seeing them. Lloyd (Troma) Kaufman, a bundle of energy, showed up, an actor named Brian O'Halloran was signing, Greg Nicotero swung by to say hello -- it was "a happening." To give myself elbow room, I sat at the end of the table, but this meant that by the time I was handed a copy of the new FANGO to sign, everybody else had signed it and there was no room left on the cover. I signed a lot of 'em "Dr. Cyclops" just for fun. (I WAS one of FANGO's Dr. Cyclopses for about 20 years -- I must have written 600 reviews or more. Most of them negative!)

Aaaanyway, it was a lot of fun, IMHO.

5:51 AM - Oct 05, 2018 #79

TomWeaver999 wrote: Good grief, there was a terrific turnout for the FANGO relaunch -- a long line out in the drizzle on Broadway, brought into the store five at a time, and it was an hour and a half or more before things settled down a bit. It was nice that the original publisher Norm Jacobs showed up, (a) because it was good to see him again, and (b) because until he showed up, I was the oldest one there. It occurred to me that Tony Timpone and I were working for FANGO before a lot of people in the line were born. (Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!) Also there were a bunch of indie filmmakers who must have followings, because a lot of customers were agape at seeing them. Lloyd (Troma) Kaufman, a bundle of energy, showed up, an actor named Brian O'Halloran was signing, Greg Nicotero swung by to say hello -- it was "a happening." To give myself elbow room, I sat at the end of the table, but this meant that by the time I was handed a copy of the new FANGO to sign, everybody else had signed it and there was no room left on the cover. I signed a lot of 'em "Dr. Cyclops" just for fun. (I WAS one of FANGO's Dr. Cyclopses for about 20 years -- I must have written 600 reviews or more. Most of them negative!)

Aaaanyway, it was a lot of fun, IMHO.
Who were the other Dr Cyclops?

TomWeaver999

12:07 PM - Oct 05, 2018 #80

One was Dave Everitt, the FANGO editor who bought my first interview (Richard Cunha) and kept after me for more. I'm having a mental block, I can't think of the name of the guy who wrote half the Dr. Cyclops column for all the years I wrote the other half; it'll come to me.