September 14th, 2018, 8:07 pm #461

Addendum: The takeovers are laying off my phone today. And I managed to post this comment from it. I would like to know if it's behaving for amana, whose takeover issues generally have mirrored my own.

OldfanAlan

September 14th, 2018, 10:15 pm #462

It’s been “Congratulations Amazon user” on my iPad, my wife’s iPad, for weeks. Only on this site. But not on our Mac! The iPad got worse lately until this site was unusable. 

Today it’s free of that stuff! (knock on wood) Somebody at Tapatalk must have done something.

Thank you.

September 14th, 2018, 10:31 pm #463

Thank you, OldfanAlan.

will

September 14th, 2018, 11:32 pm #464

I am not complaining about it, but sometimes when you edit, even hours or even days later, it doesn't note the edit. This had been the case on my phone for a very long time. In fact, it usually doesn't note the edit, but sometimes does.

bigcatrik

September 14th, 2018, 11:48 pm #465

For a week or so (maybe longer) I haven't seen a way to load a draft for posting. I can open it, change it, and save it, but there's no way I can find to get it into a thread.

Elisabeth

September 15th, 2018, 1:00 am #466

bigcatrik wrote: For a week or so (maybe longer) I haven't seen a way to load a draft for posting.  I can open it, change it, and save it, but there's  no way I can find to get it into a thread.
That hit me, this morning.   I posted an answer THREE TIMES this morning, and it acted  like that!  It made me wonder if a certain politico was having another tantrum.
"E" 
Your Signature ... "....I do hope he won't upset Henry..."

September 15th, 2018, 1:14 am #467

bigcatrik wrote: For a week or so (maybe longer) I haven't seen a way to load a draft for posting.  I can open it, change it, and save it, but there's  no way I can find to get it into a thread.
My posts a couple of pages back, #422 and #427, refer to my issue with drafts here. I can never get drafts of comments (versus email drafts) to SAVE, in any browser, on mobile or deskop.

As to loading drafts, in my experience, that's another false door on this site, as far as I can tell. All you can do is copy the draft and fend your way back to the thread to paste and post. --In the new old fashioned way. That's how it has worked on a mac, anyway.

bigcatrik

September 15th, 2018, 2:30 am #468

Monstroso Sabroso wrote:
September 15th, 2018, 1:14 am
As to loading drafts, in my experience, that's another false door on this site, as far as I can tell. All you can do is copy the draft and fend your way back to the thread to paste and post. --In the new old fashioned way. That's how it has worked on a mac, anyway.
I resorted to the copy/paste thing once, but used to have the option to either edit and resave as a draft or submit it to the thread. I'd often accidentally resave the draft when I really wanted to submit it, then have to go back into the draft to submit, so I know it was possible. Chrome, on a Chromebook.