Rodster

June 16th, 2018, 12:46 am #361

Hairy Eyeball wrote: Tapatalk hates you.
It does! And I've never done a thing to deserve this! Where do my "reply to " postings go? 

CucamongaDan

June 16th, 2018, 12:30 pm #362

Rodster wrote: I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but twice now, I've posted to a thread and pressed "post reply." And when that happens, my posting disappears as if it's been erased. What's happened to it? 

I've done that too! It's not a glitch really- it's a confusing and unfortunate naming of the buttons. And I really can't figure out why the "Post Reply" button even exists.

When you hit "Post Reply"  before you type anything it does the same thing as "Full Editor and Preview"- it gives you all the special font features and link and attachment adding buttons.

But if you've already started typing a reply in the text box that is at the bottom of very page, hitting "Post Reply" CLEARS what you've typed and takes you to a full-featured text box, while hitting "Full Editor and Preview" KEEPS what you've typed and takes you to a full-featured text box.

The "Submit" button is the one you want to post your carefully typed and edited reply. The "Post Reply" button could be eliminated entirely as far as I can tell and ought to at least be relabeled "Clear Text box and show all editing options", which is what it does. It does not post your reply, it erases it!
Come one, come all, come check out the New Blind Hermit's Hut and Lounge . (The password is cucacuca3 ).    The new home for CHFB movie chats! Open 24/7  for CHFB members' conversations and random comment leaving.

Rodster

June 16th, 2018, 2:09 pm #363

CucamongaDan wrote:
Rodster wrote: I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but twice now, I've posted to a thread and pressed "post reply." And when that happens, my posting disappears as if it's been erased. What's happened to it? 

I've done that too! It's not a glitch really- it's a confusing and unfortunate naming of the buttons. And I really can't figure out why the "Post Reply" button even exists.

When you hit "Post Reply"  before you type anything it does the same thing as "Full Editor and Preview"- it gives you all the special font features and link and attachment adding buttons.

But if you've already started typing a reply in the text box that is at the bottom of very page, hitting "Post Reply" CLEARS what you've typed and takes you to a full-featured text box, while hitting "Full Editor and Preview" KEEPS what you've typed and takes you to a full-featured text box.

The "Submit" button is the one you want to post your carefully typed and edited reply. The "Post Reply" button could be eliminated entirely as far as I can tell and ought to at least be relabeled "Clear Text box and show all editing options", which is what it does. It does not post your reply, it erases it!
Thanks, dude! You answered my question, and from now on, I will avoid the "post reply" function like the plague!

amanaplan1

June 16th, 2018, 5:17 pm #364

This may seem both simple and complicated but I usually type lengthy replies elsewhere, then just copy/paste them into the text box.  That way I always have my copy even if the tech part messes up.

Rodster

June 16th, 2018, 9:48 pm #365

amanaplan1 wrote: This may seem both simple and complicated but I usually type lengthy replies elsewhere, then just copy/paste them into the text box.  That way I always have my copy even if the tech part messes up.
Apparently, "post reply" doesn't really mean post a reply. 

Rick

June 16th, 2018, 10:47 pm #366

amanaplan1 wrote:This may seem both simple and complicated but I usually type lengthy replies elsewhere, then just copy/paste them into the text box.  That way I always have my copy even if the tech part messes up.
I do that too -- when I remember. When I don't remember, it doesn't matter if it's EZBoard or Tapatalk or whatever, if my words get too many and too-hard-wrought, the damn Board knows it and, giggling all the way, sends it into the ether.
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
~ Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

Rick

June 20th, 2018, 7:25 am #367

Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh...what is going on here?

I click on "Full Editor and Preview", as usual, so that I can access the Bold, Underline, Italics, font sizes and colors and such. I'm supposedly in that "Full Editor" right now. And there's nothing extra here. No buttons at the top at all. It says "Post a Reply" up there and that's all. If I wanted to italicize something, I'm outa luck.

I hope this is just a middle-of-the-night glitch, 'cause I'm addicted to playing with the fonts and type.
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
~ Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

PJAceto

June 20th, 2018, 9:43 am #368

I've been getting a lot of Error 502: Bad Gateway messages as I navigate around the  board.

Also, the Up  Arrow to get you to the top of the page is gone.

rvoyttbots

June 20th, 2018, 5:33 pm #369

I went thru that Error 502 two days ago. I couldn`t get on. So I gave up and waited an hour or so and it started working again.

sillyhuron

June 20th, 2018, 7:12 pm #370

Board just informed me I'm using an ad blocker & could I please go onto the supplied link.

Underneath is an ad...

computador04.gif
"Graverobbing in Texas is this hour's top news story"

July 1st, 2018, 4:39 pm #371

I've been trying send a PM. How go you know if it's gone?
What's the difference between "outbox" and "sent messages"?
Thanks
Russ

July 1st, 2018, 5:04 pm #372

It waits in the sender's outbox until retrieved and read by the sendee, as I understand it, at which point it falls into the sender's sent folder. 

IMO, it's a system built to confuse.There have been the times I sent something, but, because of some glitchy address thing, the message simply vanished, without ever making it to my outbox or sent folder.

July 1st, 2018, 5:55 pm #373

IMO, it's a system built to confuse.

Amen to that

Thanks, MS

kcor
kcor

July 4th, 2018, 6:43 pm #374

Tried 3 times to quote a post on on thread, the quote part wasn't right so I gave up and went to another thread and tried to quote a post and the system said

"Information
You have tried to quote a post too many times."

And chuck you too, Farlie.

scotpens

July 12th, 2018, 4:08 am #375

July 11. 9:00 PM, Pacific Daylight Time. Search function not working.  Anybody else having this problem?

July 12th, 2018, 2:24 pm #376

(It's working fine for me Thursday morning, scotpens.)

scotpens

July 12th, 2018, 5:16 pm #377

I've discovered that the glitch only happens when I do a search for my own posts. When I do a general keyword search, or specify any other member's name, there's no problem.  Strangely enough, exactly the same thing is happening for me on the HobbyTalk boards. WTF is going on?

CucamongaDan

July 12th, 2018, 5:44 pm #378

The search function, which has been working fine for me since the transition to tapatalk, is all bolloxed up for me this morning. I regularly use it to search for threads with a movie title in the thread title. But this morning, when I used "Sands of the Kalahari" as the search query, plus my usual 3 changes from the default options (search within topic titles only, display results as topics, sort results by topic title), I get 750 pages of results with 18,726 threads listed. They are in reverse alphabetical order, so the first one starts with "Zontar" and the next several with "Zombie". On page 364 I find there is nothing between "Sandy Frank and Wife Engage in a War of the Roses" and "Sands of Oblivion",  so I conclude it found no CHFB threads that start with the words "Sands of the Kalahari". (Which I'm not really surprised about, since it's not a genre  movie.)

But why on earth is it displaying so many results that don't have the search term? And is it just outputting every CHFB thread there is?

No idea on the first question, but curious about the 2nd question I tried the same search with a couple different movie titles."The Slime People" gets me 15,338 matches on 614 pages, and "Death Curse of Tartu" gets me 8,332 matches on 334 pages (with "DEATH CURSE OF TARTU (1966)" on page 265.) Oh, and there are currently 58,137 total CHFB threads, according to the main page. Can you imagine the late Bill Warren's reaction if there were really 15,338 separate threads for "The Slime People"?
Come one, come all, come check out the New Blind Hermit's Hut and Lounge . (The password is cucacuca3 ).    The new home for CHFB movie chats! Open 24/7  for CHFB members' conversations and random comment leaving.

July 12th, 2018, 8:05 pm #379

Now I see. You're right.

Edit: One fairly standard limiting condition I added to a search for Slime People, just now, was to place it inside quotation marks. That cut me down from between 2,500 and 3,000 pages of results, to 2 pages. I have never found quotation marks around a search to have the same sort of effect on tapatalk as it does on google, say. Has tapatalk changed something, and the answer could it be that simple?

amanaplan1

July 12th, 2018, 10:40 pm #380

I try to use just one word, like "Kalahari" or "Hutton" (for "The Slime People").  If Search is behaving, then that usually works.