February 8th, 2018, 4:30 pm #41

>Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Took the Z's right outa' my mouth. Man... now we're going to get one of these things every 3 months?
MacXoftheMounted.....................formerly known as Professor Von X

February 11th, 2018, 9:12 pm #42

I'm really looking forward to this one. I might have an unusual way of looking at these movies, but it works for me. IMO none of these are actually canon, as none of them are being done with any help from Lucas, the only man who actually has any idea where all of this stuff came from. Even if I do believe that Lucas made everything up after Star Wars came out, his word in regards to his characters has to actually be the the one voice that is canon. Everybody else making these things is no different than fan fiction, just done with a big budget. So, with that mindset I am interested in what tales can be woven. This is no different than my friends and I playing with our action figures as kids, just these people don't have to use a Kleenex box for a spaceship due to a lack of funds.

I actually find Rogue One to being a wonderful film, and my love of that one probably helps my interest in this one. I am also expecting this one to be nothing more than a fun action film that doesn't take itself too seriously, which is exactly how this one should be. Is it going to be high art? Is it going to propel the series along? No. But I look forward to spending a little bit of time with a character I loved as a kid, even if it is somebody else playing him. 
My blog, Bug Eyed Monsters: http://bugeyedmonsters.blogspot.com

HalLane

February 22nd, 2018, 1:28 pm #43

The trailer is much more engaging on the big screen than as a thumbnail view on my phone. I was willing to give it a chance then, now I'm getting excited to see it.

The designs remind me of early Ralph McQuarrie paintings. That's a good thing.

Wolfman Joe

February 22nd, 2018, 2:22 pm #44

I'm really trying to reserve judgment till I see the movie, but I really don't know if I can watch another actor in this role and not be bumped out of the story instantly. I may have to see it in 3-D (which I never do) just to distract myself from this change!

rvoyttbots

February 22nd, 2018, 3:44 pm #45

SOLO looks like CASABLANCA compared to KENOBI.

Wolfman Joe

February 22nd, 2018, 4:04 pm #46

rvoyttbots wrote:

SOLO looks like CASABLANCA compared to KENOBI.
To be fair, that's a fan-made trailer, using clips from a movie called LAST DAYS IN THE DESERT. That's Ewan as Jesus, not Ben Kenobi (altho it could be argued that Jesus was a bit of a Jedi)

rvoyttbots

February 22nd, 2018, 4:30 pm #47

Yeah, I know.😆

bigcatrik

April 9th, 2018, 4:16 am #48

New trailer. May 25th, which is a month and a half away.

Chuck White

April 9th, 2018, 3:41 pm #49

Wolfman Joe wrote: SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY PART 2 will tell us the origin of the scar on his chin.
I thought he got the scar through a bullwhip mishap.
Yes. Fate, or some mysterious force, can put the finger on you or me for no good reason at all.

Crow T Robot

April 9th, 2018, 3:53 pm #50

All I can say is...he better shoot first!

bigcatrik

April 9th, 2018, 6:13 pm #51

Lots of Chewbacca. That's good. My favorite comment (elsewhere) was "Malla confirmed!" (1:32)

Robert Troch

April 9th, 2018, 10:16 pm #52

This trailer has elevated my expectations a bit more than that first one did.

Robert T.

bigcatrik

April 10th, 2018, 12:17 am #53

I went back and watched the two from the previous page (a teaser and the Super Bowl commercial) and they were simply disjointed shots. This at least has several mini-sequences. And more Chewbacca. I'm not a big Chewbacca fan, I swear, but who doesn't love Chewbacca?

blackbiped

April 10th, 2018, 4:50 am #54

Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

Porfle's Secret Blog: http://porfle.blogspot.com/
HK and Cult Film News: http://hkfilmnews.blogspot.com/
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/porfle

Maximillian

May 16th, 2018, 1:45 pm #55

A "Very Cool" reaction from the Nerd Crew:

Disclaimer: Does not contain SPOILERS.
"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it all to themselves."  -- Lane Kirkland, AFL-CIO President (1979-1995)

bigcatrik

May 16th, 2018, 3:39 pm #56

Reviews are already up. It's at 73% on Rotten Tomatoes.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/solo_a_star_wars_story

Crow T Robot

May 16th, 2018, 4:19 pm #57

bigcatrik wrote: I went back and watched the two from the previous page (a teaser and the Super Bowl commercial) and they were simply disjointed shots.  This at least has several mini-sequences.  And more Chewbacca.  I'm not a big Chewbacca fan, I swear, but who doesn't love Chewbacca?
Her!:

Wolfman Joe

May 16th, 2018, 5:43 pm #58

Can you imagine what Chewie must've smelled like after a dunk in the garbage compactor's juices? "Between his stink and your blasting everything in sight it's a wonder the whole station doesn't know we're here!"

bigcatrik

May 16th, 2018, 8:19 pm #59

Crow T Robot wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 4:19 pm
bigcatrik wrote: I went back and watched the two from the previous page (a teaser and the Super Bowl commercial) and they were simply disjointed shots.  This at least has several mini-sequences.  And more Chewbacca.  I'm not a big Chewbacca fan, I swear, but who doesn't love Chewbacca?
Her!:
Oh, but several minutes later after they've fought off the four TIE fighters while escaping from the Death Star she happily hugs him...
Leia_Chewie_victory.png

Wolfman Joe

May 17th, 2018, 12:21 pm #60

If I can go off on a side rant (which is what the CHFB is for, no?): the moment in THE FORCE AWAKENS that truly proved to me that the filmmakers were more than a little tome-deaf was the end, after the battle and the Falcon's return to the Rebel Resistance base. Chewie and Leia pass each other by as if they've never met, so we can witness a hug between Leia and Rey, a hug that is really unearned in the context of the story. Leia and Chewie have been friends for 30 years; he watched her back while Han was frozen in carbonite; he presumably bounced baby Ben on his knee at some point; and they both just lost the man they both loved more than anyone else in the universe. We all knew Han was toast going into this movie, but I for one would have felt the loss a lot more if we had gotten a moment between Leia and Chewie. In a movie packed to the gills with fan service, how they missed this is beyond me.