Is The Bride of Frankenstein over-rated?

The monstrous studio that sparked a century of monsters.
dinost
Member
Joined: March 5th, 2009, 3:29 am

July 10th, 2018, 11:39 pm #301

Wich2 wrote:
crissrudd4554 wrote: Technically Henry didn’t achieve size either since the Monster is quite bigger than the average human. ;)
Intentional!

From Mother Mary:

"I began the creation of a human being. As the minuteness of the parts formed a great hindrance to my speed, I resolved, contrary to my first intention, to make the being of a gigantic stature, that is to say, about eight feet in height, and proportionably large."
Well, only intentional in terms of means. I'm sure he would have preferred an "normal"-sized body.
Quote
Like
Share

Casey62
Member
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 6:25 pm

July 11th, 2018, 11:41 am #302

dinost wrote:
Wich2 wrote:
crissrudd4554 wrote: Technically Henry didn’t achieve size either since the Monster is quite bigger than the average human. ;)
Intentional!

From Mother Mary:

"I began the creation of a human being. As the minuteness of the parts formed a great hindrance to my speed, I resolved, contrary to my first intention, to make the being of a gigantic stature, that is to say, about eight feet in height, and proportionably large."
Well, only intentional in terms of means. I'm sure he would have preferred an "normal"-sized body.
Regarding his experiments, Pretorious said the difficulty was "normal size", as compared to Henry's having achieved "size" - he dropped "normal".
Quote
Like
Share

Bluesman Mark
Member
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 3:59 am

July 11th, 2018, 1:18 pm #303

The Batman of Gotham wrote:

- GJS
You beat me to it! 😆
Quote
Like
Share

MikeTheMook
Member
Joined: December 26th, 2004, 7:05 am

July 11th, 2018, 2:04 pm #304

Since I have exposed my ignorance on here many times before, I don't mind doing so now. Is this a legit photo? I usually don't fall for obvious photoshop jobs, but this is pretty good if that's what it is.

36910855_10211897383971851_7176844777718022144_n.jpg
Check out my NEW childrens story book! https://www.createspace.com/4065369

Please visit my online store at
www.Cafepress.com/mwcoolpix for COOL photos and designs!

Please visit my OTHER online store at www.Zazzle.com/mwimages for MORE cool stuff!
 

Quote
Like
Share

Joined: November 10th, 2004, 5:32 am

July 11th, 2018, 2:06 pm #305

PHOTOSHOPPED

- GJS
Quote
Like
Share

Casey62
Member
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 6:25 pm

July 11th, 2018, 2:22 pm #306

Just a reverse of this pic... Tumblr_ks87i9IfKe1qzdulp.jpg
Quote
Like
Share

MikeTheMook
Member
Joined: December 26th, 2004, 7:05 am

July 12th, 2018, 11:10 am #307

So you're saying somebody pieced that photo together with parts from different women?
Check out my NEW childrens story book! https://www.createspace.com/4065369

Please visit my online store at
www.Cafepress.com/mwcoolpix for COOL photos and designs!

Please visit my OTHER online store at www.Zazzle.com/mwimages for MORE cool stuff!
 

Quote
Like
Share

blufeld
Member
Joined: March 21st, 2017, 4:34 pm

July 12th, 2018, 1:37 pm #308

Very possible that it was Elsa, just a photo with no relevance to BOF.  Just the head.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: July 21st, 2009, 9:30 pm

July 12th, 2018, 1:49 pm #309

MikeTheMook wrote: So you're saying somebody pieced that photo together with parts from different women?
Fr-r-rom r-r-r-r-ifled gr-r-r-r-aves.
Quote
Like
Share

Wich2
Member
Joined: September 12th, 2007, 10:09 pm

July 12th, 2018, 2:11 pm #310

Soldiers, Miss Peggy Corday ~

Peggy_Corday.jpg
Quote
Like
Share

Casey62
Member
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 6:25 pm

July 12th, 2018, 2:28 pm #311

Wich2 wrote: Soldiers, Miss Peggy Corday ~

Peggy_Corday.jpg
Okay, now that we have both sources posted, let's put 'em together and create the composite.

"That should be REALLY interesting..."
Quote
Like
Share

Badfinger
Member
Joined: September 22nd, 2008, 4:42 pm

July 12th, 2018, 6:08 pm #312

No.
Quote
Like
Share

tonyguy70
Member
Joined: June 18th, 2018, 3:05 am

July 12th, 2018, 6:19 pm #313

I don't think the film was overrated at all. There was more story and characters than the original. The only thing I didn't care for was the short screen time for the bride.With the title "The Bride of Frankenstein" you would think she would be in it more. From the way she looks she shouldn't have been that fussy in the way her mate looks. You take on what you can get. It would have been great to see them kiss and to get it on 1930's style.
Quote
Like
Share

Elisabeth
Member
Joined: December 5th, 2009, 7:25 am

July 12th, 2018, 7:13 pm #314

I think James Whale did a SUPERB job with BOF.  He got away with far more in BRIDE....with  his wit and STYLE, than any 50 millennials will ever do.    He was as close as Big "U" ever got to a George Cukor, and I wish he could have done more.

"E"
Your Signature ... "....I do hope he won't upset Henry..."
Quote
Like
Share

telegonus
Member
Joined: July 27th, 2006, 12:07 pm

July 12th, 2018, 10:31 pm #315

So do I, Elisabeth, however Mr. Whale just seemed to lose interest in making movies. At his best he was quirkier and had a far stranger sense of humor than George Cukor ever had, but I catch your drift.
Quote
Like
Share

Robert Summit
Member
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 12:21 am

July 13th, 2018, 8:36 am #316

I can't think of a grander double feature than BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN and GREEN HELL.
"Mom! Don't bother me now! I'm posting on the Classic Horror Film Board!"
Quote
Like
Share

Andy
Member
Andy
Member
Joined: August 21st, 2008, 1:43 am

July 13th, 2018, 3:17 pm #317

Hey, Robert!

Do you think Ben Pivar sat in an audience watching Green Hell and said to himself, "Hey, I think we could easily re-dress that temple to seem Egyptian?"

Best regards,

Andy in Palm Springs.
Quote
Like
Share

telegonus
Member
Joined: July 27th, 2006, 12:07 pm

July 14th, 2018, 3:55 am #318

Robert Summit wrote: I can't think of a grander double feature than BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN and GREEN HELL.
Or maybe a triple feature of Bride Of Frankenstein, Green Hill and The Mummy's Hand, so we can set the sets from the second film featured in the third.
Quote
Like
Share

telegonus
Member
Joined: July 27th, 2006, 12:07 pm

July 14th, 2018, 4:02 am #319

tonyguy70 wrote: I don't think the film was overrated at all. There was more story and characters than the original. The only thing I didn't care for was the short screen time for the bride.With the title "The Bride of Frankenstein" you would think she would be in it more. From the way she looks she shouldn't have been that fussy in the way her mate looks. You take on what you can get. It would have been great to see them kiss and to get it on 1930's style.
Well, the Bride didn't have much time to get fussy,--acquire fussiness?--whatever, as to the creature she was cobbled together to become the wife of. Her reaction does seem a bit premature. It's not like she's had a lot of experience with guys and it's like "Oh no, not another one of them!". 😱 She didn't know WTF she was even looking at.
Quote
Like
Share

Jameselliot
Member
Joined: June 23rd, 2012, 11:09 pm

July 14th, 2018, 4:12 am #320

Hammer never made their own version of Bride. I'd have perferred that to Monster From Hell. (Frankenstein Created Woman doesn't count.)  
Quote
Like
Share