vampirelover

June 29th, 2018, 6:23 pm #21

One of my favorites is Goliath and the Vampires. Always liked Gordon Scott. It was a fun movie for a 12-year-old in the mid 1960's.

Casey62

August 7th, 2018, 1:45 pm #22

HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN is another enjoyable blend of sci-fi/sword and sandal escapism. Having a beautiful but evil queen as the hero's nemesis makes a great peplum plot device, and this is genre babe Jany Claire's shining moment.

blufeld

August 8th, 2018, 2:11 pm #23

As immensely enjoyable as the peplum are, I'm not sure any of the cast had "a shining moment".  Just ask Luciano Paluzzi.  She had a fairly big role in HERCULES and she doesn't remember making it.

Casey62

August 8th, 2018, 6:37 pm #24

blufeld wrote: As immensely enjoyable as the peplum are, I'm not sure any of the cast had "a shining moment".  Just ask Luciano Paluzzi.  She had a fairly big role in HERCULES and she doesn't remember making it.
I was thinking in terms of Jany Claire's entire filmography; her role in MOON MEN is the one she's best remembered by peplum fans.

blufeld

August 9th, 2018, 2:31 pm #25

Casey62 wrote:
blufeld wrote: As immensely enjoyable as the peplum are, I'm not sure any of the cast had "a shining moment".  Just ask Luciano Paluzzi.  She had a fairly big role in HERCULES and she doesn't remember making it.
I was thinking in terms of Jany Claire's entire filmography; her role in MOON MEN is the one she's best remembered by peplum fans.
Hence, her shining moment.
The fact that Luciano does not remember in been HERCULES just mystifies me.  She was Iole's handmaid, she and Iole are in Hercules' cell, when he frees himself with two ferocious throws to bring the chains out of the wall.  How can you not remember that?

Bob Meyer

August 9th, 2018, 6:45 pm #26

Just for the record, it's Luciana, not Luciano.  "A rose by any other name..."