Bifocals

October 20th, 2017, 6:26 pm #41

drlouisjudd wrote: I'd give it a try... being stalked I mean. It might feel like mattering to someone other than my dog.

I hope it never happens to you. 

filmdetective

October 26th, 2017, 5:14 am #42

I never did "get into" the Blind Hermit's Hut before the move to the new board, and I do remember seeing something about that forum in relation to the move, but I can't remember what it was.

I've finally decided I would like to check out the Blind Hermit's hut, but since I can't find it here . . . 

Anybody got any idea how I can find the Blind Hermit's Hut here on the new board?

I have not done any of the upgrades to my account which are offered yet, although their popping up so often is annoying, I suppose I'll eventually wind up doing the upgrades, and have no idea what benefits or non benefits I might be getting.

taraco
Burgomaster
taraco
Burgomaster

October 26th, 2017, 3:48 pm #43

The Blind Hermit's Hut -- 'Come in friend, and rest awhile!' -- is no longer on the board because the new Tapatalk environment does not support chat rooms. 

We are told chat rooms are coming, and will likelly revive the Hermit room oncve that happens.

The chats have now migrated here:

http://www.chatzy.com/54899127407115 . (The password is cucacuca3 ).

CucamongaDan

October 27th, 2017, 5:23 am #44

Chat schedules and discussion on the topics and chats of the 3 regular weekly chats is found in three threads in the Welcome folder:

"Chat Sessions..." (re the Saturday Night Svengoolie/Me-TV chats)

Friday Night "Cinematic Autopsy" chats

"Turkey Tuesday" chats (where we have been trying to determine what are the worst movies of all time)

We vote for the movies we watch in the Tuesday and Friday chats- voting threads are maintained in the Polls section.

Vote for movies to discuss in Friday chat

Vote for Movies you'd love to mock on Turkey Tuesday

And frankly, though I announce the scheduled movies in the threads above, most of the discussion about them seems to happen in those voting threads.

Hope to see you there! The room is open 24/7 for any sort of CHFB gabbing.
Come one, come all, come check out the New Blind Hermit's Hut and Lounge . (The password is cucacuca3 ).    The new home for CHFB movie chats! Open 24/7  for CHFB members' conversations and random comment leaving.

blufeld

March 26th, 2018, 1:50 pm #45

I don't if is stalking. but three (so far) of members (my self included) have got PMs from a girl (?) called Molly Dolly.  The story is on Welcome, post called "Trolls".  Doesn't sound dangerous, but she's troubled.

Monsterpal

June 4th, 2018, 9:23 pm #46

I'll mention no names, but I've received quite a few PMs from a stalker. I've replied to a few and ignored the rest.This person appears to be extremely needy, so I tried to be kind in my replies at first, but the messages became increasingly hostile, lashing out in a sophomoric manner, including what were clearly intended to be devastating insults. Since this person doesn't know me at all, I was quite bemused at the obvious projection involved: wild accusations that describe the accuser rather than the accused. I'm afraid I responded rather sarcastically a few times.

Anyway, in an effort not to make a long story interminable, I'll come to the point. I'm wondering if there's any way I can block this poor soul's posts and all too revealing personal messages? This is a case where I can't offer any help, since I don't have any professional psychological standing, and I'd like to be done with this stalker's angst without causing any harm to a delicate ego.

This has been going on for years. Can someone advise me about how to put a stop to it?

rvoyttbots

June 4th, 2018, 10:07 pm #47

I would guess the best solution would be the mods banishing the unfortunate to the corn field.

Monsterpal

June 28th, 2018, 2:34 am #48

I'm glad I wrote the post above about my stalker. I haven't heard from this person since then. If the hounding should ever resume, however, I have the PMs saved to turn over to the mods. I really hope to avoid that, because I'm fairly sure that the chfb is one of the few things this person has in a rather lonely life.