What's on the workbench?

What's on the workbench?

November 12th, 2002, 3:20 pm #1

Now that the more inclement weather is upon many of us, and the 'modelling season'is beginning again, what do you have on your workbench as your currently ongoing or next project(s)?

Anyone build anything Canadian over the summer?

Cheers,
Jeep

Don Dingwall
Don Dingwall

November 13th, 2002, 1:54 am #2

November 13th, 2002, 2:21 pm #3

I thought you'd be part way through that Accurate Armour Centurion Mk 11 by now! Have you had a closer look at that yet? Betcha a few guys would be interested in a quick 'in box' review... before they get their significant others to cough up the big bucks for it for Xmas!

Still busy working on 1:1 scale CMP's, right?

Cheers,
JP

Art Murray
Art Murray

November 13th, 2002, 4:35 pm #4

Now that the more inclement weather is upon many of us, and the 'modelling season'is beginning again, what do you have on your workbench as your currently ongoing or next project(s)?

Cheers,
Jeep
Gotta UN 113, ICCS Mutt, some fig conversions, and lots of resin dust on the workbench. When I get the bug I go at them, but time is hard to find lately; especially with Niner Domestic bugging me with the "list".

Art

November 13th, 2002, 6:45 pm #5

Art,

I know the feeling! Seems like every time I get the bench prepped for some modelling, some other little household project crops up! Fact is, I'm responsible for the creation of most of them, so I can't really blame my wife. I wear the pants in the family... she 'strongly suggests' which ones to put on...!

Well, colder weather and (hopefully) more modelling time will soon be here.

Cheers,
JP

Tom Rea
Tom Rea

November 14th, 2002, 12:05 am #6

Cheers,
Jeep
Hi

Hmm well although it is fall, I just finished the HF COUGAR. I have an early Cdn 113 TOW in progress and I just need the motivation to finish it. As well, I built a M548 and am gathering bits and pieces for an M577.

I have yet to rebuild my COYOTE ..sigh

Just after you, JP, left I finished off my TAURUS ARV.

But, just to brag, my BISON conv took a silver at AMPS.

So, my Cdn projects for 02 were: Leo C1, TAURUS, BISON, M548, COUGAR finished, early TOW in progress and M577 in the works.

By the looks of things that may be it until Jul ...

Tom
(trea@thot.net)

Don
Don

November 14th, 2002, 12:38 am #7

I thought you'd be part way through that Accurate Armour Centurion Mk 11 by now! Have you had a closer look at that yet? Betcha a few guys would be interested in a quick 'in box' review... before they get their significant others to cough up the big bucks for it for Xmas!

Still busy working on 1:1 scale CMP's, right?

Cheers,
JP
I was in the process of installing this gargantuan long neck medical lamp over my bench after dinner tonight (somewhere in Bosnia, a dentist is doing a root canal on some poor bugger by candlelight...), and whacked my coffee with it....now EVERYTHING on the bench has a nice brown shade to it....Diamond T, Cromwell, etc....

Oh the joys of modelling.

Gonna go outside and smash my head on my Chev for a while.

Don

Mark Stares
Mark Stares

November 14th, 2002, 1:26 am #8

Cheers,
Jeep
Y'all

As of tommorrow morning I shall be taking possession of my new house...

Since May, my work bench has been packed up due to my move from St. John's to Gander.

So, somewhere in the next week my work bench will again see the light of day. I then gotta figure out which kit to tend to first, work has me burned out, so nothing too complex... that means my long suffering cougar will most likely continue to be neglected but my Canuck Tow Mutt which is 80% done should soon see paint...

I was recently successful in snagging a schmidt vac form iltis off ebay so an op apollo tow iltis will be in the offing... problem is I have no shots of tow iltii other than from the drivers side, no idea of what the left or rear looks like let alone the lay out of the tow equipment and reloads.

Last project I finished was my Cancuk UN M38A1 106mm carrier, as can be seen on track link.

Anyways welcoem back JP, now what was it I was supposed to send you?

cheers

Mark
Last edited by MapleLeafModels on November 20th, 2010, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 14th, 2002, 3:50 am #9

I was in the process of installing this gargantuan long neck medical lamp over my bench after dinner tonight (somewhere in Bosnia, a dentist is doing a root canal on some poor bugger by candlelight...), and whacked my coffee with it....now EVERYTHING on the bench has a nice brown shade to it....Diamond T, Cromwell, etc....

Oh the joys of modelling.

Gonna go outside and smash my head on my Chev for a while.

Don
Coffee wash... hmmm... might have application. Perhaps you could demonstrate this technique at the next Armour Group meeting? Perhaps for Xmas your kids will buy you one of those Timmy's mugs that won't tip over even in a hurricane.

BTW, they don't need light to do dental work in Bosnia... A pair of pliers, then grip and pull.

November 14th, 2002, 4:07 am #10

Hi

Hmm well although it is fall, I just finished the HF COUGAR. I have an early Cdn 113 TOW in progress and I just need the motivation to finish it. As well, I built a M548 and am gathering bits and pieces for an M577.

I have yet to rebuild my COYOTE ..sigh

Just after you, JP, left I finished off my TAURUS ARV.

But, just to brag, my BISON conv took a silver at AMPS.

So, my Cdn projects for 02 were: Leo C1, TAURUS, BISON, M548, COUGAR finished, early TOW in progress and M577 in the works.

By the looks of things that may be it until Jul ...

Tom
(trea@thot.net)
Congrats on the Bison Conv, BTW. Haven't seen it finished, but assume that you'll send me a pic or two?

Build the M548 OOB? What unit?

Updating your site with all these models?

What are you using for the Early TOW?

Ken was working on a Taurus or Badger also, correct?

Cheers,
Jeep