Sand colour

Sand colour

William Ritchie
William Ritchie

March 20th, 2008, 1:00 pm #1

Saw this and remembered some other pictures of a Sand coloured Coyote hull down in Afghanistan, can't remember if this was posted before so I thought I'd put it out there.

Bill

March 28th, 2008, 11:45 pm #2

Is that the source of these shots from 2002?

The only time that I know of CF vehs being repainted tan was for the initial OP APOLLO deployment to Afghanistan in 2002. The only tan vehicles now are the RG-31's, the Hummers, and the route clearance vehicles, but all of these are factory painted.

March 29th, 2008, 12:16 am #3

Yup, that is our 49C with a VIP feild trip during the first Roto to the sandbox in 2002. All our beasts were locked up green and were painted over the weekend and showed up to us across the pond tan.

Cheers
Anthony

"Gone toe to toe with the Taliban, and won."

William Ritchie
William Ritchie

March 29th, 2008, 12:54 pm #4

The only time that I know of CF vehs being repainted tan was for the initial OP APOLLO deployment to Afghanistan in 2002. The only tan vehicles now are the RG-31's, the Hummers, and the route clearance vehicles, but all of these are factory painted.
All of these images contain meta data which is great. They say they are from Op Apollo in 2002.
Here's one more.

March 29th, 2008, 2:22 pm #5

JP, the new trucks I've see here (mercedes HLVW/ML replacements?) are painted tan, same shade as the '31.

The FMTV's at CSOR(?) and a few trailers I've seen around Pet are also Tan. So are the slats on the 2A6M's.

Oddly enough, the brush guards on some of the Jimmy LSVW's on camp are in white! When was the last time we had white painted trucks..1995?

March 29th, 2008, 3:08 pm #6

I remember seeing that too... 2 years ago. Same trucks, perhaps? I thought it looked like a throwback to what our kit looked like in Bosnia in 1996 after we rolled over to IFOR from UNPROFOR.

I forgot about the trucks painted tan. I think that perhaps it's a case of literally any equipment procurred for TFA from US sources comes factory painted tan.

As for the Leo2A6M slats, who made them - IBD? KMV? I wonder why they painted the slats tan, other than to give modellers a challenge? LOL

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

March 29th, 2008, 4:36 pm #7

Perhaps the slat armour is tan as we haven't seen the final colours on the 2A6M CAN yet....maybe some tan coloured Barracuda camouflage matting will be added as the weather heats up?

As I noted before...the new add-on A/C unit on the turret is also painted tan.

William Ritchie
William Ritchie

March 29th, 2008, 9:35 pm #8

I remember seeing that too... 2 years ago. Same trucks, perhaps? I thought it looked like a throwback to what our kit looked like in Bosnia in 1996 after we rolled over to IFOR from UNPROFOR.

I forgot about the trucks painted tan. I think that perhaps it's a case of literally any equipment procurred for TFA from US sources comes factory painted tan.

As for the Leo2A6M slats, who made them - IBD? KMV? I wonder why they painted the slats tan, other than to give modellers a challenge? LOL
A masking job

Bill

William Ritchie
William Ritchie

March 29th, 2008, 9:41 pm #9

Very nice photo