More Pic from Pet

More Pic from Pet

October 1st, 2009, 6:57 pm #1

Here are a couple of M113s. they both look like they might be some type of Mtce vehicles with the large stowage boxes but I can not say. The supporting racks for the boxes are different for each vehicle. The first is lengthened, has the grizzly turret, double side opening cargo hatch, and Diehl track. The second is not lengthened, has a RWS, rear opening cargo hatch,and new track Note the extended AMUs on both vehicles and the extended fuel filler pipes on the second one. Can anyone the rational behind some vehicles being lengthened but with original track while other vehicles with new track and RWS were not lengthened? OR why some vehicles got Grizzly turrets and why others got RWS? There seem to be a lot of nearly one off variants around? Would the boxes and various extended pieces of equipment be unit installed modifications? I have more of each as well as some of a 577 if anybody is interested but do not have enough space to post them just yet.

Thanks Steve

Mark Minnis
Mark Minnis

October 2nd, 2009, 11:52 am #2

I believe the top one is what the guys in Gagetown called a Fitters vehicle, the Mechs ride. Early 2000's there was a plan rebuild many of the 113 family and stretch them as you see.

The reason that they have the old track is because the new track type doesn't like the extra road wheel or so I am told.

Hopefully someone with much better knowledge can fill us in.

October 2nd, 2009, 3:30 pm #3

I'm looking at the MTV series, and I dunno if they are just regular M-113's that have been stretched. Take a look at the position of the drive and idler sprockets. This to me suggests an entirely new lower hull. I wonder how much, if any, of the M-113A2 is used in the production of an MTVL.

The TLAV I understand are re-furbed M113's.

GD

Paul Fredenburg
Paul Fredenburg

October 2nd, 2009, 3:51 pm #4

They are actually old M113A2s that have been lengthened with addiitonal road whell stations. There have completely new power packs and drive train components as well.

October 2nd, 2009, 10:46 pm #5

October 4th, 2009, 2:56 pm #6

They are actually old M113A2s that have been lengthened with addiitonal road whell stations. There have completely new power packs and drive train components as well.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/169232/t ... 3+upgrades