Leopard 2A6m/Slat in progerss

Leopard 2A6m/Slat in progerss

June 29th, 2009, 1:40 am #1

Heres the start of a long build but it just has to be done theres no way around this one if your Canadian. I'm not gonna lie but this is a great build the kits I'm working with are top shelf.

Tamiya Leopard 2A6
Storm minatures Canadian Leopard upgrade
Eduard Leopard 2A6 PE detail set
Eduard Slat armor PE
AFV link tracks
Perfect Scale Modellbau Leopard 2A4 upgrade
Echelon Canadian 2A6M decals
Lion Roar Baskets for Leopard 2
Barrel depot barrel
Detail bits from:
Maple Leaf Models
Legends
Acurate Armour

Please help with pictures,suggestions,Ideas and anything else you can think of.

Lots more details to come.

Last edited by c2jerrett on June 29th, 2009, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

June 29th, 2009, 4:17 am #2

Lookin' good.

Why the cover on the PERI-R 17A2 sight?

June 29th, 2009, 12:57 pm #3

Hey thanks Jason.The reason I covered the sight is I saw it done on a model and wanted to try it. I'm not sure if I like it I have the PE to detail it nicely.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

June 30th, 2009, 2:12 pm #4

The cover may be fitted to the sight if the tank was being transported or parked non-operationally but in the field it would not have a cover. Just something to keep in mind as you plan your project.

June 30th, 2009, 3:55 pm #5

I know that and it will limit options. Are you trying to tell me it looks bad or detracts from other details? If so please say so Because one little thing like that can kill an end result. When you put as much work into a build like this Leopard you want it to be looked at.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

June 30th, 2009, 6:57 pm #6

I recommend that you leave off the cover and detail the sight.

You appear to be spending a bunch of time, effort, and money on this project so make it an operationally deployed vehicle equipped and fitted the way it would be in combat...i.e. leave off the sight cover. The sight would look very nice with PE details and the optics.

The sight is a stand out detail on the 2A6M turret so you should show it off.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

June 30th, 2009, 7:00 pm #7

I know that and it will limit options. Are you trying to tell me it looks bad or detracts from other details? If so please say so Because one little thing like that can kill an end result. When you put as much work into a build like this Leopard you want it to be looked at.
If you are going the route of a tank in combat then you should have the doors to the gunner's sight housing open as well...unless the primary sight is broken and the gunner is using the secondary sight the doors would be open to use the sight and the laser.

Graeme
Graeme

June 30th, 2009, 9:09 pm #8

Heres the start of a long build but it just has to be done theres no way around this one if your Canadian. I'm not gonna lie but this is a great build the kits I'm working with are top shelf.

Tamiya Leopard 2A6
Storm minatures Canadian Leopard upgrade
Eduard Leopard 2A6 PE detail set
Eduard Slat armor PE
AFV link tracks
Perfect Scale Modellbau Leopard 2A4 upgrade
Echelon Canadian 2A6M decals
Lion Roar Baskets for Leopard 2
Barrel depot barrel
Detail bits from:
Maple Leaf Models
Legends
Acurate Armour

Please help with pictures,suggestions,Ideas and anything else you can think of.

Lots more details to come.

Hey Chris, coming along nice. nice pics too. Why are you using resin wheels?

June 30th, 2009, 9:14 pm #9

If you are going the route of a tank in combat then you should have the doors to the gunner's sight housing open as well...unless the primary sight is broken and the gunner is using the secondary sight the doors would be open to use the sight and the laser.
you've convinced me I do want to put this on a base with ground work. having it hanging around base is not going to be that interesting.
About the cash layout for this model your right its going to be a pricey one.
Last edited by c2jerrett on June 30th, 2009, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 30th, 2009, 9:34 pm #10

Hey Chris, coming along nice. nice pics too. Why are you using resin wheels?
Thanks Graeme. The wheels believe it or not are Hobby Boss I used them because the tires are more accurate then the Tamiya wheels in my opinion. The hubs are a little cloudy but they will have a dust coat in the end.
As for the pictures I bought a good camera to get into photography I did a little barter with a friend to get a Nikon 35-70 lens. I like shooting models so far but there is so much to learn.