Cougar (The never ending project)

Cougar (The never ending project)

October 16th, 2009, 10:32 am #1

It's been sitting on my work bench for over a year just needing a few small details and paint. Well, contests have a way of making you look for projects you can finish fairly quick, when it seems like you've waited to the last minute to finish something. Got paint on it, ready to start the weathering. Hope to have it ready for KCCON Saturday. Here's some bad pics, I'll get better ones done this weekend.

October 16th, 2009, 1:06 pm #2

What is the 7.62mm can down by the right rear marine drive for ? If it is for the feild mod for the tank phone, it should be mounted upper left hand door over the armoured pistol port cover.....

I have the BVM conversion still in the box kinda makes me wanta build the beast.

Cheers

Anthony

October 16th, 2009, 1:59 pm #3

This got anything to do with me bringing the Grizzly Saturday?

Looks good Gary nice to see it nearing completion.

Rob
--------------
Rob Feehan

October 16th, 2009, 3:43 pm #4

It's been sitting on my work bench for over a year just needing a few small details and paint. Well, contests have a way of making you look for projects you can finish fairly quick, when it seems like you've waited to the last minute to finish something. Got paint on it, ready to start the weathering. Hope to have it ready for KCCON Saturday. Here's some bad pics, I'll get better ones done this weekend.

Looks really nice Gary! Great job and well done for getting back at it and finishing it. Can't wait to see it with the weathering done.

cheers
Bob Read
Last edited by NebLWeffah on October 16th, 2009, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 16th, 2009, 6:29 pm #5

Coming along nice - where did you get the 23C callsign markings?

GD

October 16th, 2009, 10:09 pm #6

What is the 7.62mm can down by the right rear marine drive for ? If it is for the feild mod for the tank phone, it should be mounted upper left hand door over the armoured pistol port cover.....

I have the BVM conversion still in the box kinda makes me wanta build the beast.

Cheers

Anthony
And no, I have it it in the right place for the time period I'm building for.

October 16th, 2009, 10:13 pm #7

Coming along nice - where did you get the 23C callsign markings?

GD
Where did I get the decals, or where did I come up with the idea for that call sign? T o answer the first one, I made them. To answer the second one, it's a nod to Jason B. for all the help he gave me when doing my inital research.

October 16th, 2009, 10:18 pm #8

This got anything to do with me bringing the Grizzly Saturday?

Looks good Gary nice to see it nearing completion.

Rob
I told you if I had the time I was going to make a run at it. Between your Griz and C2, and my Cougar, were going to have a lot of Canadian content for this far south.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

October 17th, 2009, 12:33 am #9

And no, I have it it in the right place for the time period I'm building for.
First, great Cougar build Gary.

Second, you are totally CORRECT with the location of the 7.62 mm ammo box. That is exactly where we used to mount them (1986-1987?) before a more permanent version was developed on the left door.

We drilled two holes in the ammo box and bolted it to the mounts for the licence plate. For the phone we used wqas the little "green hornet" phone with signal wire attached. We ran the wire through the pistol port on the right door and connected it to a hull mounted 2298 box. Not perfect but it worked.

If you ran some thin wire from the box to the door you will have it aced.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

October 17th, 2009, 12:34 am #10

Where did I get the decals, or where did I come up with the idea for that call sign? T o answer the first one, I made them. To answer the second one, it's a nod to Jason B. for all the help he gave me when doing my inital research.
The callsigns look terrific....."23C" was my first Cougar.