check out AFV Modeller issue 44...

check out AFV Modeller issue 44...

January 21st, 2009, 4:38 am #1

Hi

Just an FYI to everybody to check out AFV Modeller issue 44 to see TWO articles by the very famous (or is that IN-famous) and talented Jason Bobrowich. First his very informative article on Canadian M113's in Afghanistan loaded with reference pics and then the second article on his beautiful M113A3 TLAV model. Excellent articles, model and photos Jason. Well done sir!!

cheers
Bob Read

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

January 21st, 2009, 5:48 am #2

Both articles were fun to do....but I give many thanks to Rick Saucier for providing the images for the reference article...very high quality fella.

I am hoping to do another TLAV build in the future....have to wait and see what it will look like.

Rick Saucier
Rick Saucier

January 21st, 2009, 6:49 am #3

Your welcome Jason.

Anything to get me out of the POC!

cheers

Alex Cheung
Alex Cheung

January 21st, 2009, 7:58 am #4

Both articles were fun to do....but I give many thanks to Rick Saucier for providing the images for the reference article...very high quality fella.

I am hoping to do another TLAV build in the future....have to wait and see what it will look like.
Personally since I have moved from WW2 topics to modern one, Jason does give me tons of information, though I dont know him personally, I still would like to express my appreciation here...

And bought my copy already but dont know why I still cannot get it... hopefully it can be outside my door a couple of days later.

Alex

January 21st, 2009, 1:57 pm #5

Is there a Canadian or a North American distributor, or do I have to order a subscription from the UK?

Eric

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

January 21st, 2009, 6:14 pm #6

The Barrel Store in Ontario carries them.

But, you mind find want to compare the prices on the different sites....AFV Modeller is pretty cheap to order it right from them...they include the shipping in the cost.

Another option is that you can download individual articles from every issue of AFVM on their site....each article only cost 1 Pound Sterling...they come in an electronic PDF format.....it is a really good way to get an article without buying the entire magazine.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

January 21st, 2009, 6:18 pm #7

Personally since I have moved from WW2 topics to modern one, Jason does give me tons of information, though I dont know him personally, I still would like to express my appreciation here...

And bought my copy already but dont know why I still cannot get it... hopefully it can be outside my door a couple of days later.

Alex
Thanks very much Alex....I am only one of many many fellas that provide modellers....including myself....with tons of information, tips, techniques, and reference info.

Good to see you are enjoying your move to modern armour modelling.

January 29th, 2009, 2:49 pm #8

Hi

Just an FYI to everybody to check out AFV Modeller issue 44 to see TWO articles by the very famous (or is that IN-famous) and talented Jason Bobrowich. First his very informative article on Canadian M113's in Afghanistan loaded with reference pics and then the second article on his beautiful M113A3 TLAV model. Excellent articles, model and photos Jason. Well done sir!!

cheers
Bob Read
I got both 43 and 44 last night and was reading them. I have to agree nice work on the build and both articles are great reads. Always like to see Canadian content make the magazines

--------------
Rob Feehan