3:28 AM - Jan 10, 2011 #11

Looks like the one I started years ago except with twin 105 C1 Howitzers....a conversion DND actually toyed with. I have original sketches....but never finished the conversion.
Keep posting!
Cheers
Don
Blow the dust off of that bad boy and get to work...

11:06 PM - Dec 11, 2011 #12

It looks great...the turret is really coming together.

The idea of the ammo trailer is good....the M42 Duster carried about 480 rounds of 40 mm in four round clips in the turret.....that would be 120 clips....and they still towed the M332 trailer.

I like the Centurion grenade launchers....keeps it looking stock.

How about the long turret stowage box for the left turret side?

Perhaps racks for spare 40 mm barrels?

Have you thought of a big old searchlight? Cold War era armour....everything had searchlights....perhaps mounted on the left turret side?

Keep it going...Pip Pip!
Went with one Cent-issue stowage bin for the left side, and a crew/ammo hatch. Added some tow cables, some wiring for the SGL, a few bolts, and I should be ready for a primer coat. I'll post pics once the primer coat is on. I think I will go with the side skirts as I will be using the rubber band tracks on this one.

GD

Bertie Baumgartner
Bertie Baumgartner

1:14 AM - Dec 12, 2011 #13

Great looking Centurion Graeme, I kinda hit a wall with my Bradley HIAV idea, I thought I could make something out of leftover parts from another yet to be finished project. I built the turret from a Centauro kit and was thinking of putting it on a CV-90 chassis (if I could find one that is) and making a light tank or medium tank out of it. But we moved fairly recently so I haven't had a go at it since before the move.

1:35 PM - Dec 12, 2011 #14

I went through a cross country move this summer as well. I went from having a model area that was pretty near immaculate, back to shall we say, something more austere.

The old shop:

The new digs!

Check out the awesome magnetic board I got. I can even use it to keep beer cold.

Bertie Baumgartner
Bertie Baumgartner

11:23 AM - Dec 13, 2011 #15

Well the basement may not be as nice as the previous room, but I'm left to use the kitchen table, however the garage we got out of the deal I think has more square footage than the house.

3:23 AM - Dec 14, 2011 #16

Made some progress this weekend. Doubt it will be done by 31 Dec..maybe built, but not painted.

This is what I had in mind when I started, I've since changed the radar a bit. It was too bulky with the lower housing (read: I couldn't figure a good a way to mount it )

AFV Club Centurion Hull. This is the 67 IDF boxing, but you get parts to make it look more Canadian (headlights, front armour plate). You don't get the searchlight, turret basket, or LR fuel tanks in this boxing. Replaced the grab handles with .015 and .020 brass wire:

No turning back after cuts like this

Some .050 strip raises the roof to the right height. Lots of CA used here

Much sanding later..

General idea:

Next up will be fairing in the oversize Cent turret with the AMX DCA front

Need to figure out some details, like MBSGD, AMU, and of course turret stowage as the old Cent bins won't fit... or will they?

GD
This one has dragged on too long. Added a few more bits and its ready (as ready as its going to get) for priming. BTW, got my photo table all set up to shoot.. no bulbs in any of my lamps. Found some 600W photo floods from my 35mm film days and decided that I could screw them in my regular 75W max lamps. 5 photos later and the burning smell started to get to me.

Profile sorta looks like the line drawing above:

Some resin stowage. Figured the crew would salvage a few 40mm ammo cans for their own use

I looked at this model for a dozen hours, but it wasn't until I took the photo that I noticed the SGL were attached at different heights. We all know that some units did this intentionally so as to stagger the range thus creating a longer beaten zone of smoke for crossing defilades.

GD

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

3:58 AM - Dec 14, 2011 #17

Awesome work on the Centurion variant. It'll look fantastic in the three colour camouflage.

6:08 AM - Dec 14, 2011 #18

This one has dragged on too long. Added a few more bits and its ready (as ready as its going to get) for priming. BTW, got my photo table all set up to shoot.. no bulbs in any of my lamps. Found some 600W photo floods from my 35mm film days and decided that I could screw them in my regular 75W max lamps. 5 photos later and the burning smell started to get to me.

Profile sorta looks like the line drawing above:

Some resin stowage. Figured the crew would salvage a few 40mm ammo cans for their own use

I looked at this model for a dozen hours, but it wasn't until I took the photo that I noticed the SGL were attached at different heights. We all know that some units did this intentionally so as to stagger the range thus creating a longer beaten zone of smoke for crossing defilades.

GD
Whered you get the 40MM cans? I could use a few of them. They were seen a lot on M48A3s and, of course, M42s in Vietnam.

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

7:34 PM - Dec 14, 2011 #19

11:36 PM - Dec 14, 2011 #20

Whered you get the 40MM cans? I could use a few of them. They were seen a lot on M48A3s and, of course, M42s in Vietnam.
Gary, I got them from the old ADV Azimut 40mm kit. They look a lot like the one in the link Jason posted. PM me your addy and I can send you a pull to make a master if you need a qty of them.

GD