Another CDN Subject......

Another CDN Subject......

November 9th, 2010, 4:26 am #1

No not the update sets announced by PSM, but this.........

Due out from Trumpeter in March!!

Decently priced as well, below $40CDN!

November 9th, 2010, 5:11 pm #2

Scott, I think the kit pics were on display in Japan recently. They are also doing a 'late' AVGP. Seems like the Husky was dropped from the list.

Any news on the ASLAV-PC? I would like to see that, cause you know a Bison won't be far behind.

I'm building the TUA right now, and its big improvement over some earlier Trumpeter kits.

GD

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

November 9th, 2010, 5:25 pm #3

No not the update sets announced by PSM, but this.........

Due out from Trumpeter in March!!

Decently priced as well, below $40CDN!
Ya, there are images of them over on Missing Lynx.....a standard version Cougar and a late version Grizzly.

The photo you posted is actually an original version Cougar....note it is lacking the marine drive guards.

Good times for Canuck modellers!

November 9th, 2010, 5:26 pm #4

Scott, I think the kit pics were on display in Japan recently. They are also doing a 'late' AVGP. Seems like the Husky was dropped from the list.

Any news on the ASLAV-PC? I would like to see that, cause you know a Bison won't be far behind.

I'm building the TUA right now, and its big improvement over some earlier Trumpeter kits.

GD
I think they were also on display at IHobby with Stevens International I believe, but haven't seen anything to back that up, but wasn't sure when they were coming out, Cougar is the first and due out in March (probably mid to late March by the time I get them) in North America. I was actually surprised with the pricing, I was expecting it to be about $10 more than that...mind you prices can change between now and then.

Haven't seen anything on the ASLAV-PC, and I have all the releases up to March now...so who knows.

I would expect the Grizzly to be April or May (they sometimes let it go 2 months before a similar item comes out) but where it is basically just a different turret on the Grizz...it could be out in April. Husky is still on the list, but obviously hasn't been seen in a build up....likely if they are going to do it (as they were supposed to do the Husky and not the Cougar), it could be later in 2011.

They get all 3 of these out....and I may just have to put my 1/72 ACE kits out to pasture! LOL

November 9th, 2010, 5:30 pm #5

November 9th, 2010, 5:38 pm #6

Ya, there are images of them over on Missing Lynx.....a standard version Cougar and a late version Grizzly.

The photo you posted is actually an original version Cougar....note it is lacking the marine drive guards.

Good times for Canuck modellers!
Yeah and is an image of an actual vehicle, which usually means they don't have the artwork done/approved yet, who knows what we will get, or how accurate it will be, but it will be Canadian out of the box! Never thought I would live to see that!!

Now what do we need? Bison...for sure...and as Graeme says, with the ASLAV-PC, the Bison can't be far behind.

ADATS would be nice, TLAV would be awesome....but that might be wishful thinking.

If the powers that be choose the CV90 for the CCV...well we already have that, albeit the ones we get might have the 35mm instead of the 40mm....but that is a quick fix.

Speaking of which....the CV9040....it is a Bofors 40mm cannon right? Does it fire the same ammo as the old 40mm AA guns? Just a shorter barrel? Or is it all a different sort of ammo (besides the rounds being AP and HE). We must have a crap load of 40mm AA rounds kicking around in the armories somewhere...LOL..would make good use of the ammo!!

November 9th, 2010, 5:39 pm #7

I knew they were shown at the Tokyo show, but I thought they were at IHobby in Chicago as well...most of the pics I have seen from IHobby have been Revell and AMT and other car kits, not much on the armor side of things.

November 9th, 2010, 9:39 pm #8

Got a few AVGP wierd harold projects I want to tackle (CP, ADV, MRT).

If they did a Bison, it would make a lot of those conversions even easier: AVGP lower hull, chop the rear off the Bison upper hull, presto-chango, BRIZZLY!

GD

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

November 10th, 2010, 1:46 am #9

Yup, the AVGP projects will be a plenty.

- SFOR Cougar
- RCD Somalia Cougar
- 12 RBC Winter Cam Cougar
- Standard Version Cougar
- USMC Trials Cougar

November 10th, 2010, 2:06 am #10

Leave off the running gear, and you could do a 12e RBC Cougar in Gagetown, up to its 'oarlocks' in swamp... Or a Strat boat crossing the Battle River, no?