A great day for a parade.

A great day for a parade.

June 15th, 2012, 2:46 am #1

I was lucky to attend the Strathcona's Change of Command Parade and Ceremony today, weather was perfect. Really good to see and hear the new Leos! Just a selection of photos - wonder how long it will take for some pics to show up on foreign websites!

Cheers,
Jim

(sorry for the cheesy airbrushing, but didn't want to embarrass anyone!)

I also came across a Grizzly monument which I hadn't seen before; over by the PPCLI Building. Have to go back and get some turret measurements some day!

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

June 15th, 2012, 2:57 am #2

Thanks for taking and posting your pics Jim.

The Change of Command parade looks far more fun nowadays than I remember them.

Pete Hickey
Pete Hickey

June 15th, 2012, 4:26 am #3

I was lucky to attend the Strathcona's Change of Command Parade and Ceremony today, weather was perfect. Really good to see and hear the new Leos! Just a selection of photos - wonder how long it will take for some pics to show up on foreign websites!

Cheers,
Jim

I also came across a Grizzly monument which I hadn't seen before; over by the PPCLI Building. Have to go back and get some turret measurements some day!

..I don't think the RSM will be too happy about that C2 leaving all that mud on his pretty parade ground.

Cheers,

P

June 15th, 2012, 4:46 am #4

Cheers,
Jim

Damn wish I'd known this was happening would have extended my recent stay to Sherwood Park. Hope you got lots of good pics!

June 15th, 2012, 11:21 am #5

Cheers,
Jim

Ya'd think it was the only Grizzly in Western Canada. That's the one I posted on here in 2001 when 18 AD Regt got AVGP and Brizzly, then again when Anthony posted pics of it, and now here it is as a monument.

Nice pics from the C of C Jim. I'm guessing the 2A6's are still at 202 Wksp? Any idea why there was a LAV-III on parade (998)?

GD

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

June 15th, 2012, 12:22 pm #6

I think they are actually still in Germany...with the exception of the one that is in Gagetown. The 2A4Ms were re-built in Germany and not Canada.

I believe 202 is concentrating on the basic 2A4 rebuilds.

June 15th, 2012, 2:02 pm #7

Hi Jason, there was a very ratty looking 2A6M in NATOflage at the Family days here in Ottawa 2 weeks back. I wondered where it had come from, then found out last night it was from 202 lowbedded down from Montreal. Lots of grey/green primer spot painting all over it.

GD

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

June 15th, 2012, 4:12 pm #8

I am wondering if that is the same one from Gagetown? Or perhaps they are coming over in dribs and drabs and making their way to 202?

June 15th, 2012, 8:46 pm #9

I think they are actually still in Germany...with the exception of the one that is in Gagetown. The 2A4Ms were re-built in Germany and not Canada.

I believe 202 is concentrating on the basic 2A4 rebuilds.
All Leopards are back in Canada from what I was told, I have a few snaps of a few 2A6M's in Montreal and C-2's minus MEXAS shipped back to 202 ,and a photo of a person from 202 workshop re-touching up the NATOflage by hand on the 2A6M's. Waiting the OK to post them.

Anthony

Jason Bobrowich
Jason Bobrowich

June 15th, 2012, 11:37 pm #10

It is quite amazing to think that Canada has four types of Main Battle Tanks on Canadian soil at the same time.

Leopard C2
Leopard 2A4 CAN
Leopard 2A4M CAN
Leopard 2A6M CAN