Wilesco Traction Engine Project

The board to show off your restoration skills.

Moderator: Moderators

IliketrainsKid
Forum Newbie

August 30th, 2017, 9:26 pm #151

lol how did you run it with no fly wheel? mine came loose ones and it stopped right away.
thank you to forum member Edrock, for offering the sale of his Willesco traction engine to me.

John Besley

August 30th, 2017, 9:39 pm #152

IliketrainsKid:1380276 wrote:lol how did you run it with no fly wheel? mine came loose ones and it stopped right away.
Easy , bit of light machine oil and no steam leaks, spins very freely - if that works with the regulator open wide then its going to turn over nice and slow with the flywheel fitted to help it past dead center

Ben
Steam fanatic

March 7th, 2018, 1:40 am #153

What a beautiful build John, very enjoyable much like your 'Yer Tiz' build thread which i also loved reading a few times 😎

Shame, I'd have loved a punt if I wasn't so skint, so I'm hoping this is just the start of production... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
All the best,

{ Ben }

β™  R.I.P Lemmy, Phil & Eddie β™ 

John Besley

March 13th, 2018, 10:01 pm #154

Ben wrote: What a beautiful build John, very enjoyable much like your 'Yer Tiz' build thread which i also loved reading a few times 😎

Shame, I'd have loved a punt if I wasn't so skint, so I'm hoping this is just the start of production... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Dont worry there will be more, just need to acquire the odd tired Wilesco at the right money to form the basisΒ 
Steam railways / traction engines, model enginnering

Cbwho
Cbwho

April 5th, 2018, 4:12 am #155

Long thread and didn't have time to browse it all. What did you do with the original front end? The axle carrier is unique to the 1970s TE and no longer in production.
Thanks

John Besley

April 5th, 2018, 9:41 pm #156

Cbwho wrote: Long thread and didn't have time to browse it all. What did you do with the original front end? The axle carrier is unique to the 1970s TE and no longer in production.
I should have it somewhere in the workshop... just need to have a hunt but very busy on my sons house for next three months...
Steam railways / traction engines, model enginnering