Wilesco Firetruck - D305 is my favorite wilesco mobile model. It looks good and is quite a large model !
However, all good can be made even better - I will try :)
Main goal is to get better water pumping performance while retain wilesco - toy look.
List of anticipated modifications:
- swap the engine - 2 cylinder Krick marine engine will be its new heart.
- fit gas burner ( bix is allready on the way from forests)
- alter the gearing reduction ratios to utilise larger engine and to allow operation at lower RPM
- if possible, to ged rid of that not so nice plastic water pump and fit piston water pump - my intention is to modify original wilesco 1 cylinder engine as a pump.
- possibly to fit water feedpump for boiler or at least to install valve for refilling the boiler under pressure.
- add a water cart to serve as a water resevoir for the pump