Moderator: Moderators

Unidentified Engine

oldchadders

August 5th, 2018, 4:21 pm #1

Can anyone please help identify the engine in the attached pictures It is mounted on a metal base which is on a wooden plinth, the metal base appears to be copper, but I will have to clean it up more to be sure. All of the fixing screws go through the metal and wooden base. 
I was "grandson-minding" for an hour last Friday, not enough time to do much, so they decided to organise the engines in my workshop (mainly as an excuse to use the labelling machine, which they both love to do). They found this in a box of bitsa's (you couldn't miss it by the size! The base measures app 8" x9".

Peter
DSCF9023.JPG
DSCF9020.JPG
DSCF9019.JPG
DSCF9023.JPG DSCF9020.JPG DSCF9019.JPG

tiger1john
Steam Legend!!

August 5th, 2018, 5:15 pm #2

I have no idea! But it's quite a beast.
John
He who dies with the most toys wins

My YouTube videos
My Flickr photos

oldchadders

August 5th, 2018, 5:37 pm #3

Yes, John. 
That's why I am so enamoured by it. My first thought was that it was fabricated from the remains of a Bowman 101, but I have convinced myself that is unlikely. I love the brass flywheel - and if that base does turn out to be copper, it should look good polished up. If I can't identify it, I will restore it "as is" as best I can.

Peter

Ben
Hero Steamer

August 5th, 2018, 5:48 pm #4

Sorry Peter, I'm of no help either! It does look a capable old beast though, well worthy of anyones collection 😎👍
All the best,

{ Ben }

-[ Still looking for another flat-roof TE1 - Drop me a PM if you fancy selling me one :) ]-

♠ R.I.P Lemmy, Phil & Eddie ♠

Roly Williams
Honorary Life Member

August 5th, 2018, 7:04 pm #5

I don't recognise it or any of it's parts, so I guessing it's home made. 
Have Fun
Roly

"The human capacity to manage land is great, and the capacity for destruction even greater." (Mike Pay)
rolywilliams.com
youtube.com/user/RolyWilliams

olivapor
Steam Supreme Being

August 5th, 2018, 9:43 pm #6

Roly Williams wrote: I don't recognise it or any of it's parts, so I guessing it's home made. 
Seconded ... 🙂
Olivier

*** NEW VIDEO CHANNEL IS COMING SOON !!! :-) ***
*** NEW VIDEO CHANNEL IS COMING SOON !!! :-) ***

Dr. Rog
Steam Supreme Being

August 6th, 2018, 7:48 am #7

Home made, but a good job.
That is a heavy patina, so it must be pretty old.
The lens angle is making it difficult to see if the engine is aligned properly, some care on reassembly is likely to be rewarded I think.
Cheers Rog https://www.youtube.com/user/DrRogB/videos New positive, and successful motto for 2017: carpe diem