Tilford Toy Steam Rally 2018

Share any upcoming events or reports of ones you have attended.

Moderator: Moderators

Steam Legend!!

09 Mar 2018, 21:15 #21

Have you heard back from Emma Rog? I sent an email as you suggest after this thread re-surfaced? A little communication from them given the uncertainty a month ago would go a long way! To hear it from the horses mouth as it were! 
"A bad day of live steam, is still better than a good day at work" - Gordon Howell

Dr. Rog
Steam Supreme Being

10 Mar 2018, 13:56 #22

Yes Will
I only applied a few weeks back after I saw the advert in Old Glory's supplement. I e-mailed asking if it was still on, got a reply and a thanks after I e-mailed that I had filled in the form.
I appreciate the discomfort of slow communication so I lay it on thick sometimes.
Cheers Rog https://www.youtube.com/user/DrRogB/videos New positive, and successful motto for 2017: carpe diem

Forum Newbie

Yesterday, 17:52 #23

kevin wrote: well that will pretty well kill it I guess!
I am sure it will. I have been displaying here for many years and at The Flowing Spring before Tilford, something like 28 years with three tables, such a shame. Used to be a great show.

Today, 01:12 #24

There has normally been a 7 day gap between sending Emma an email and getting a reply. I asked her for the details of the insurers she had liaised with so I could get a one day policy; only for her to completely ignore it and come back to say that I was booked in! Unfortunately however I now cannot make it due to a change in my shift pattern.
"If the fascination engendered by locomotion at the present day is so intense, the attractive powers of locomotion in miniature must of necessity be greater still"

W.J. Bassett-Lowke. August 1911