Moderator: Moderators

txlabman
Steam Legend!!

1:50 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #11

Looks great running on the Midland Light Railway. 

bennydaheeb
Hero Steamer

2:21 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #12

Those look splendid. Really makes an already handsome engine stand out. Great job, David- and a very nice railway, Dave. From a garden railroader; I know exactly how much work it is to build and maintain.
Benny- AKA Dr. Reverend Delmar MacReady, High Epocht-Church of the SubGenius, Doktor of the Forbidden Sciences.

Jerseysteam

2:57 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #13

Thanks! The railway was intended to be temporary in order to get a feel for what’s involved before I encroach on a larger chunk of the backyard. It’s tiny (6’ diameter table), but holding my interest for now. I’m planning to acquire a full cab Millie by the end of the year and already have the “Hallie” nameplates from David. 
Dave

I love the smell of burning Esbit in the morning.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTKROHuNvjsFk_rj3yydUAg

bennydaheeb
Hero Steamer

3:11 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #14

Running my electrics outdoors is fun. Building the layout has been work(this is the third renovation) and this time I am doing it with 7 years more experience. I started small, with 10'x16' and one siding. Its has grown steadily since(large diesel engines looks silly on 4' curves). I've shifted easily 30 tons of shale rock and chirt from the rear of my property, and have laid irrigation. Next is electrical. I intend to have a raised aluminum rail for live steam, with less grades and curves.
Benny- AKA Dr. Reverend Delmar MacReady, High Epocht-Church of the SubGenius, Doktor of the Forbidden Sciences.

Jerseysteam

3:14 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #15

Wow! I’d love to see some pictures if you have them posted here or elsewhere.
Dave

I love the smell of burning Esbit in the morning.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCTKROHuNvjsFk_rj3yydUAg

bennydaheeb
Hero Steamer

4:01 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #16

I tore it all up 2 years ago, to expand and repair. I've been picking up old track here and there. I intend to solder and jumper wire the rails, so I dont have to go around constantly tightening joiners.
I will try to start a thread from my computer. I dont have any pics on this phone.

ferrysteam
Steam Legend!!

8:37 PM - Jul 11, 2018 #17

Very nice engine and very nice plates.
Allan & Helen of the Frog and Ferret railway.

If you only learn from your mistakes,don't join bomb disposal.

Why do clocks go tick tock instead of tock tick?