Moderator: Moderators

bennydaheeb
Steam fanatic

August 14th, 2018, 4:40 pm #31

A masterfully presented collection o engines. My particular favorite is No.15-quite sharp looking, with a livery almost akin to a tuxedo.
Benny- AKA Dr. Reverend Delmar MacReady, High Epocht-Church of the SubGenius, Doktor of the Forbidden Sciences.

whitesands1
whitesands1

August 14th, 2018, 5:55 pm #32

bennydaheeb wrote: A masterfully presented collection o engines. My particular favorite is No.15-quite sharp looking, with a livery almost akin to a tuxedo.
Thank you for your kind comments.

It would have been ideal if I had bought number 007 for this sauve engine!

From the number of Industrial Class TE1a, short body traction and SW1 variants I've seen it would be quite an intimate dinner party.

whitesands1
whitesands1

August 15th, 2018, 5:02 pm #33

I've had a few messages asking about the Brown and Gold TE1a.

I noticed midway down on this old post that it was sold via Kays Catalogue and just for completeness, in case anyone wants to research this in the future, the box with my one had Forest Classics address label on in too, which obscures the Mamod Smethwick address.

On the box it says "New Colour" Brown/ Gold, suggesting that it could have been a mainstream Mamod product. 

Looking back some of the Mamaod catalogues, I only see a 1313 TR1AB, which is now the 1313B Traction Engine in the current Mamod range, but with black wheels.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this engine?
fair.8.jpg

Ben
Hero Steamer

August 15th, 2018, 9:22 pm #34

My first engine, and also the first engine I ever bought new .. is a brass/brown colour scheme! I wonder if its the same..? 🤔
All the best,

{ Ben }

-[ Still looking for another flat-roof TE1 - Drop me a PM if you fancy selling me one :) ]-

♠ R.I.P Lemmy, Phil & Eddie ♠

Alan 63'
Steam fanatic
Alan 63'
Steam fanatic

August 15th, 2018, 9:42 pm #35

If I remember rightly, Mamod produced these like the SW1B Wagon and were not a limited edition model, but there weren't loads produced.
Thanks Alan.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

txlabman
Steam Legend!!

August 15th, 2018, 10:34 pm #36

A great collection and a wonderful virtual parade to showcase them. 

Thank you for sharing your collection and congratulations on the first anniversary of Steam collecting. I hope you have many more steam anniversaries. 

whitesands1
whitesands1

August 16th, 2018, 5:56 am #37

txlabman wrote: A great collection and a wonderful virtual parade to showcase them. 

Thank you for sharing your collection and congratulations on the first anniversary of Steam collecting. I hope you have many more steam anniversaries. 
Many thanks for your encouragement, txlabman.

I wonder how the collection will shape up in the next 12 months and beyond?

MrMamod
Honorary Life Member
MrMamod
Honorary Life Member

August 16th, 2018, 8:25 pm #38

I have old unwanted certificates which I bought for a few different Mamod Mobiles but none for this TE with brown wheels - I got one which is for a special Mamod roller with Brown boiler they sold.
Desperately seeking ( NOT Susan ) Mamod Minor Burners of ALL types :-)

whitesands1
whitesands1

August 16th, 2018, 8:44 pm #39

MrMamod wrote: I have old unwanted certificates which I bought for a few different Mamod Mobiles but none for this TE with brown wheels - I got one which is for a special Mamod roller with Brown boiler they sold.
Many thanks, Phil.

I think this further confirms what Alan said about this being a Mamod standard variant.

I wonder if it was every published in a Mamod catalogue?  It wasn't in any of the ones I have.

The brown roller sounds like a real rarity, I've not seen that one, it will really stand out.