New Member from Australia

Don't be shy, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: H2o vapour, Sandman, tmuir, Roly Williams, James, MooseMan, Forum Team

Freespawn
Honorary Life Member
Freespawn
Honorary Life Member
Joined: 25 May 2010, 21:37

08 Jan 2018, 17:35 #11

Welcome :)
The engine looks familiar the safety valve looks fleischmann might be one of the similar German engines from the 50’s
Looks East German
Reply
Like

eriks
Forum Newbie
eriks
Forum Newbie
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 08:33

09 Jan 2018, 08:23 #12

Freespawn wrote: Welcome :)
The engine looks familiar the safety valve looks fleischmann might be one of the similar German engines from the 50’s
Looks East German
Hi Dan,

Interesting observation about the safety valve. Here's a close up of the valve and filler cap. As both have the same styling I've always assumed they are original. The other thing I just noticed with this photo is that I've still got an old fibre washer under the O-ring. Maybe I need to wear my glasses more often!

Cheers,
Eriks

safety valve.jpg
Reply
Like

martstb
Steam Legend!!
martstb
Steam Legend!!
Joined: 09 Oct 2014, 16:27

09 Jan 2018, 13:11 #13

hi and welcome from, glad you like the Bowmans they are a bit special
and as you say mesmerising
Martin

Reply
Like

Freespawn
Honorary Life Member
Freespawn
Honorary Life Member
Joined: 25 May 2010, 21:37

09 Jan 2018, 16:24 #14

eriks wrote:
Freespawn wrote: Welcome :)
The engine looks familiar the safety valve looks fleischmann might be one of the similar German engines from the 50’s
Looks East German
Hi Dan,

Interesting observation about the safety valve. Here's a close up of the valve and filler cap. As both have the same styling I've always assumed they are original. The other thing I just noticed with this photo is that I've still got an old fibre washer under the O-ring. Maybe I need to wear my glasses more often!

Cheers,
Eriks

safety valve.jpg
Hmm 🤔 do you have a pic of the front of the engine ?
Reply
Like

Nick
Steam Supreme Being
Nick
Steam Supreme Being
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 17:40

09 Jan 2018, 16:43 #15

Welcome from Minnesota!
Reply
Like

Wallace
Honorary Life Member
Wallace
Honorary Life Member
Joined: 19 Jul 2006, 10:58

10 Jan 2018, 06:56 #16

Hi there. Sorry I can't help with ID but a big welcome to the forum (from another Aussie member)
Andrew
Reply
Like

eriks
Forum Newbie
eriks
Forum Newbie
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 08:33

10 Jan 2018, 07:46 #17

Freespawn wrote:
Hmm 🤔 do you have a pic of the front of the engine ?
Hi Dan,

I have a few more pictures in another discussion in the technical section:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=99441&p=1403926#p1403926

Cheers,
Eriks
Reply
Like

eriks
Forum Newbie
eriks
Forum Newbie
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 08:33

10 Jan 2018, 07:54 #18

Thanks everyone for all the warm welcomes. 

Cheers,
Eriks
Reply
Like

Strathlea
Forum Newbie
Strathlea
Forum Newbie
Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:12

16 Jan 2018, 11:51 #19

Greetings every one'
My interest in Mamods is only recent, since buying a wreck of a minor and
badly cared for minor 2 engine on eBay.  Being retired from work and an
engineering background I have found a challenge in obtaining parts and
information in my home city of Hobart, Tasmania. Still to arrive are two
further engines an SE3 and an SR1a, both of which will need considerable
renovation. I do have a small workshop and an Emco engineers lathe and was
hoping your members may help with advice from time to time.
cheers,
strathlea
Reply
Like

eriks
Forum Newbie
eriks
Forum Newbie
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 08:33

17 Jan 2018, 08:51 #20

Hi Strathlea,

I have to admit that my lathe has been doing a lot more intricate and fun work lately as well. 

Cheers,
Eriks
Reply
Like