Moderator: Moderators

SLR
SLR

May 15th, 2018, 8:53 pm #81

Mamod wrote: please not this is an old thread and over the years several mods have been made and there have been no complaints regarding build or performance in recent posts 
Blimey... 2016! How time flies! 🙂

So, Peter, what exactly has been done to the Telford since then to rectify the issues the early engines like mine suffered from?

And for anyone who's interested, the engine that was the original subject of this thread ended up with some fairly major alterations. I still keep fiddling with it; I really must actually finish it! I'll pop a couple of pictures up on here if I get a chance at the weekend.

Mamod

May 16th, 2018, 6:53 am #82

to many to list but many have been posted here

SLR
SLR

May 19th, 2018, 10:26 am #83

Mamod wrote: to many to list but many have been posted here
It really would be nice to know exactly what has been done to improve the Telford.

What has been done to rectify the burner contamination issue?

Any change to the combustion chamber design?

Any changes to the regulator?

And have any changes been made to the valve design?

Are there any plans for a mkII or facelifted version, now that the Stirling loco seems to be on indefinite hold?

starfire
Forum Newbie

August 28th, 2018, 7:39 pm #84

Thinking of buying a Telford after the Boulton is returned to Mamod anymore information on how they perform and the updates Mamod have introduced I have found they are fitting 10.5 mm pistons today from Mamod thanks.
Really the same questions as SLR posted.

SLR
SLR

August 29th, 2018, 12:43 am #85

starfire wrote: Thinking of buying a Telford after the Boulton is returned to Mamod anymore information on how they perform and the updates Mamod have introduced I have found they are fitting 10.5 mm pistons today from Mamod thanks.
Really the same questions as SLR posted.
This is an old thread now, so probably a good idea to start a new one; just ask for advice on a recommended engine for whatever your budget is. Give details about the line you wish to run on, as well as your expectations and experience with live steam locomotives. 
Unless Mamod can show that they have rectified the issues I referred to in my (unanswered) questions above, I would not recommend the Telford unfortunately. Probably a good idea to read the entire thread if you have not already done so, although it does wander a bit!
And I really must sort out the pictures of this engine as it is now! 🙂

Edit: More Telford stuff here telford-tales-t97668.html

Mamod

August 29th, 2018, 7:18 am #86

sorry slr unfortunately we do not have time to monitor all posts ,maybe you would be kind enough to forward your questions by email and we endeavour to answer your queries

SLR
SLR

August 29th, 2018, 8:11 pm #87

Mamod wrote: sorry slr unfortunately we do not have time to monitor all posts ,maybe you would be kind enough to forward your questions by email and we endeavour to answer your queries
Fair enough; I know you're only a small company and doubtless have many more important things to do than read forums all day. However, at the risk of sounding rude, I think that if you want to use this forum to promote your products, it is up to you to take the initiative; you need to show people what you are doing to improve things, especially when they have been shown to be less than satisfactory. 

kno3
Hero Steamer

August 29th, 2018, 8:44 pm #88

SLR wrote:
Mamod wrote: sorry slr unfortunately we do not have time to monitor all posts ,maybe you would be kind enough to forward your questions by email and we endeavour to answer your queries
Fair enough; I know you're only a small company and doubtless have many more important things to do than read forums all day. However, at the risk of sounding rude, I think that if you want to use this forum to promote your products, it is up to you to take the initiative; you need to show people what you are doing to improve things, especially when they have been shown to be less than satisfactory. 
Well said SLR! 
A forum like this is quite an opportunity for a small company to showcase their steam engines and since it is such a small industry I welcome this. But participating on a forum as a manufacturer also bears the risk of creating a less desirable image if failing to respond well to customer problems or criticism. And Mamod doesn't strike me as very concerned to improve things, in the replies made here, which sometimes sound dismissive.

Mamod

August 30th, 2018, 6:35 am #89

we are not dismissive if we don't reply its probably that I did not see the post.as you said we are a small company and if you look back where possible we do react to any suggestions

Mamod

August 30th, 2018, 6:50 am #90

hence the request for any questions or suggestions to be sent direct to mamod