Jans engine.

If you have found a handy hint in regards to your steam engine, put it here and let others know. If you need help regarding steam engines, post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jans engine.

Pete the steam
Honorary Life Member

June 17th, 2018, 2:09 pm #1

As you may be aware Jan gifted me a nice little engine to play with.
Jan told me that he had ran it on air and it tended to bind. I tried it and he was right. Process of elimination I disconnected the piston from the crank and everything turned free but the piston itself had a tight spot, so...................
DSCN1306.jpg DSCN1307.jpg
Putting the piston in the drill and running it up and down the copper cylinder liner (for quite a while) seems to have run it in.
DSCN1309.jpg DSCN1309.jpg
But nothing ever runs sweet here and on removing the regulator to replace with another the threads stripped leaving more work, but thats all part of the fun.

DSCN1311.jpg To be continued...................
DSCN1306.jpg
DSCN1306.jpg
My real name is FRIDAY. When I was born me Dad looked at me and said to me Mam..........
'We'd better call it a day'

classixs
Steam Supreme Being

June 17th, 2018, 2:55 pm #2

Well done, for taking on that stubborn lump of aluminum Pete !

Will be monitoring your progress closely... and advice accordingly, when it's time for the anger management class 😆😉
Cheers
Jan

Pete the steam
Honorary Life Member

June 17th, 2018, 3:03 pm #3

classixs wrote: Well done, for taking on that stubborn lump of aluminum Pete !

Will be monitoring your progress closely... and advice accordingly, when it's time for the anger management class 😆😉
I got expelled from them mate years ago.
My real name is FRIDAY. When I was born me Dad looked at me and said to me Mam..........

kevin
Steam Supreme Being
kevin
Steam Supreme Being

June 22nd, 2018, 7:53 pm #4

bit difficult to see whats going on there but guess a retap and either a bush or an adaptor would solve the problem, any chance of a photo of the part and what fits into it?
Im not a megalomaniac, I just want to rule the world !
www.ITA-SHOP.co.uk

Pete the steam
Honorary Life Member

June 22nd, 2018, 8:03 pm #5

kevin wrote: bit difficult to see whats going on there but guess a retap and either a bush or an adaptor would solve the problem, any chance of a photo of the part and what fits into it?
Shall I just send it you Kevin and see if you can fit an adaptor so I can run it on air ?
DSCN1311.jpg

bennydaheeb
Steam fanatic

June 22nd, 2018, 9:47 pm #6

Bah I hate it when that happens. Hope you get it sorted on the quick, Pete.
Benny- AKA Dr. Reverend Delmar MacReady, High Epocht-Church of the SubGenius, Doktor of the Forbidden Sciences.

kevin
Steam Supreme Being
kevin
Steam Supreme Being

June 22nd, 2018, 10:34 pm #7

im sure we can do more that that Pete, send me the part and whatever was fitted in there before if you have it mate
Im not a megalomaniac, I just want to rule the world !
www.ITA-SHOP.co.uk

Pete the steam
Honorary Life Member

June 22nd, 2018, 10:39 pm #8

kevin wrote: im sure we can do more that that Pete, send me the part and whatever was fitted in there before if you have it mate
Will do mucker.