HELP - I think I've made a terrible purchase

If you have found a handy hint in regards to your steam engine, put it here and let others know. If you need help regarding steam engines, post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ben
Steam fanatic
Joined: March 22nd, 2010, 12:23 pm

December 5th, 2017, 11:35 pm #11

The seller has nicely agreed a partial refund, and I have a few restorations to get started on 🤔
All the best,

{ Ben }





♠ R.I.P Lemmy, Phil & Eddie ♠
Quote
Like
Share

MrMamod
Honorary Life Member
MrMamod
Honorary Life Member
Joined: January 3rd, 2010, 8:13 pm

December 6th, 2017, 6:06 pm #12

Ben we all know you would enjoy restoring them so hope he accepts the part refund offer as it is what I would of gone for;..
Desperately seeking ( NOT Susan ) Mamod Minor Burners of ALL types :-)
Quote
Like
Share

Ben
Steam fanatic
Joined: March 22nd, 2010, 12:23 pm

December 6th, 2017, 7:56 pm #13

MrMamod wrote: Ben we all know you would enjoy restoring them so hope he accepts the part refund offer as it is what I would of gone for;..
He did, see my last comment 😉

And thats the idea, the more i learn eh? 😃
All the best,

{ Ben }





♠ R.I.P Lemmy, Phil & Eddie ♠
Quote
Like
Share

MrDuck
Steam God!
Joined: March 5th, 2010, 5:48 am

December 7th, 2017, 6:40 am #14

Sounds like a good solution.
The green lorry is well worth some work and most of the engines looks to need not much more than cleaning off fly rust and tidying shoddy solder.
Et in Arcadia Ego
Quote
Like
Share

Ben
Steam fanatic
Joined: March 22nd, 2010, 12:23 pm

December 7th, 2017, 9:39 am #15

MrDuck wrote: Sounds like a good solution.
The green lorry is well worth some work and most of the engines looks to need not much more than cleaning off fly rust and tidying shoddy solder.
Think so, I'm really looking forward to it 🤗
All the best,

{ Ben }





♠ R.I.P Lemmy, Phil & Eddie ♠
Quote
Like
Share

martstb
Steam Legend!!
Joined: October 9th, 2014, 4:27 pm

December 7th, 2017, 3:20 pm #16

well if you got a partial refund and are happy with that
it looks like you have some nice projects to keep you
busy😉
Martin

Quote
Like
Share

Ben
Steam fanatic
Joined: March 22nd, 2010, 12:23 pm

December 7th, 2017, 3:58 pm #17

martstb wrote: well if you got a partial refund and are happy with that
it looks like you have some nice projects to keep you
busy😉

Thanks Martin 👍

Although tbh I just enjoy rescuing stuff and tinkering.

I am a bit of a hoarder, I have 9ish projects to get to in steam engines alone , not to mention other projects 😅
All the best,

{ Ben }





♠ R.I.P Lemmy, Phil & Eddie ♠
Quote
Like
Share

Dr. Rog
Steam Supreme Being
Joined: December 30th, 2008, 5:53 pm

December 7th, 2017, 7:24 pm #18

Well you are in the right club Ben, unfinished projects are pretty common around here.
I am glad you got a satisfactory resolution. Ebay is not for buying good condition second hand goods, only for gambling, and variable results are to be expected. 
Cheers Rog https://www.youtube.com/user/DrRogB/videos New positive, and successful motto for 2017: carpe diem
Quote
Like
Share

Ben
Steam fanatic
Joined: March 22nd, 2010, 12:23 pm

December 7th, 2017, 11:49 pm #19

Dr. Rog wrote: Well you are in the right club Ben, unfinished projects are pretty common around here.
I am glad you got a satisfactory resolution. Ebay is not for buying good condition second hand goods, only for gambling, and variable results are to be expected. 
Is it a club or some strange opposite of steam addiction rehab? 😅


Thats also the best description of eBay I've heard in a while, it has its ups and downs ☺
All the best,

{ Ben }





♠ R.I.P Lemmy, Phil & Eddie ♠
Quote
Like
Share

Nachosteam
Junior Member
Joined: November 22nd, 2017, 4:07 pm

December 10th, 2017, 7:59 pm #20

Go, Ben. I'm sorry you had to go through this, and I'm glad that at least you recover part of the investment and you can restore the different vehicles. I am in the task of getting the money back from a Wilesco D36 with several problems in the safety valve and in the traction gears. I opted to get another D36 that today is a D365 of new manufacture since welding I have no idea (only of electronics) and that roller had a lot of work

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI MLA-L01 mediante Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share