Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Rog
Steam Supreme Being

September 27th, 2017, 8:01 pm #11

Roly Williams wrote:

The loss of many posts has been noted by others but has remained unexplained so far. It is likely that they have been lost completely and cannot be retrieved. 
Sorry to be a pain Roly - has anyone useful from tapatalk actually looked?
Cheers Rog https://www.youtube.com/user/DrRogB/videos New positive, and successful motto for 2017: carpe diem

Roly Williams
Honorary Life Member

September 28th, 2017, 7:22 am #12

Dr. Rog wrote:
Roly Williams wrote:

The loss of many posts has been noted by others but has remained unexplained so far. It is likely that they have been lost completely and cannot be retrieved. 
Sorry to be a pain Roly - has anyone useful from tapatalk actually looked?
I'll ask the rest of the team.
Have Fun
Roly

"The human capacity to manage land is great, and the capacity for destruction even greater." (Mike Pay)
rolywilliams.com
youtube.com/user/RolyWilliams

John Besley

October 4th, 2017, 7:22 am #13

I still cant get my Avatar pic to load, reduced down to the required size... but still told it is 3000  a PX to big... how on earth can a 47PX file revert to a size bigger than it started out as??
Steam railways / traction engines, model enginnering

Spot99
Hero Steamer

November 26th, 2017, 6:00 pm #14

Uploading video clips from YouTube. I know others have noted that to do this.
After uploaded to YouTube (YT) one now only needs simply to click on YT share icon, then "Copy Link" and then click on "Paste" into your Tapatalk forum text field. The YT link will appear as a string of txt UNTIL one 'submits' one's topic or reply in the forum, then it will then automatically display as a YT video clip.
NB If using a camera/phone with resolution and aspect ratio settings that are not compatible with YouTube your video will appear as a 'letterbox' with broad vertical or horizontal black stripes around your video clip - but this link explains the acceptable YT settings to eliminate the 'letterbox' effect. https://support.google.com/youtube/answ ... 2?hl=en-GB  
Iphone users can adjust video settings on their device by going to  'Settngs'  then 'Photos & Camera' and ticking the appropriate field.
Hope this helps - the letterbox effect had me baffled for ages until I found the above info.
Cheers
Spot

Dr. Rog
Steam Supreme Being

November 29th, 2017, 9:15 pm #15

John Besley wrote: I still cant get my Avatar pic to load, reduced down to the required size... but still told it is 3000  a PX to big... how on earth can a 47PX file revert to a size bigger than it started out as??
😖 What size does File Explorer say it is?
Cheers Rog https://www.youtube.com/user/DrRogB/videos New positive, and successful motto for 2017: carpe diem