9:46 PM - Sep 03, 2011 #11

Hello all,

Welcome to the first Schwerpunkt group build!

For my build, I think i'll do one of the 'X' vehicles, X1, X2, X5, X7 - its still early days on this build, so I may find a different vehicle to depict in the meantime!

I replaced the kit tracks with Model Kasten workable tracks. While the kit supplied tracks are pretty great, i bought the Kastens for the track skirt hangers that come in the Kasten box, then thought it'd be wasteful not to use the tracks! They only took the best part of a day to put together.. time not wasted, eh?

Passion Models barrel, and H.Stone resin mantlet

SO, more shots to come, just gotta do more building.

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Nearly there I think. Just down to the last 5% of construction, maybe!

Fenders from Aber

Antique ring nuts from Anvil Miniatures on the C clamp retainers

On later JT's, they moved the track cable from the hull side to the right side circular deck vent, a'la Jagdpanthers from 654

Detailed the MG and mount on the back deck. The MG is from K59 and is stunning. The mount was detailed with parts from the Aber set

So, its Sunday here in Australia, and Fathers' Day, so I should be able to knock this build over, and maybe prime the model.. well thats my goal anyway

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

12:24 AM - Sep 04, 2011 #12

Very Nice work Sam

Super build , look forward to seeing more

Michael

10:35 PM - Sep 04, 2011 #13

Hello all,

For my build, I think i'll do one of the 'X' vehicles, X1, X2, X5, X7 - its still early days on this build, so I may find a different vehicle to depict in the meantime!

I replaced the kit tracks with Model Kasten workable tracks. While the kit supplied tracks are pretty great, i bought the Kastens for the track skirt hangers that come in the Kasten box, then thought it'd be wasteful not to use the tracks! They only took the best part of a day to put together.. time not wasted, eh?

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Hi all,

Well I got a huge amount done on Sunday, here's the photos:

Tow cable moved to the deck vent:

Jack and spare track jammed behind the exhaust:

Anti air MG42 from K59.

Cast numbers:

And I got it primed:

Pleasing thing is the primer didnt show up anything nasty!

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

11:25 PM - Sep 04, 2011 #14

Beautiful clean work all round and awesome pix too Sambo. Just flawless, I'm reaching around for superlatives...get some farbe on her! Be interesting to see how you interpret the cam scheme given the blanket of dust enveloping it in the shots...

3:12 PM - Sep 05, 2011 #15

Hi all,

Anti air MG42 from K59.

Cast numbers:

And I got it primed:

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
very precise and tidy work Sammy. Wanna go into more details on how you did the circular engine mesh? looks like you'd need to reach around quite delicately on that one to get it right. ace work dude.

2:31 AM - Sep 06, 2011 #16

Hi all,

Anti air MG42 from K59.

Cast numbers:

And I got it primed:

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
That MG42 is utterly absurd for resin. did it come all hollowed out on the sleeve like that or did it require some work with a #11? How long before you rubbed one out when you first opened the K59 package?

9:39 PM - Sep 07, 2011 #17

Hello all,

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
Managed to get a coat of paint on, primer colour is Life Colour German Oxid Primer, the green is a Gunze colour, and the sand is Tamiya XF59 Desert Yellow cut 50% with Flat white.

Still need to tighten it up in some areas, but its a start!

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

4:37 AM - Sep 09, 2011 #18

Hello all,

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
So with the camo done, i've decided to work on the crew. The figures that come with the kit are OK for plastic figures, but i've enhanced them a little with Hornet heads and hands. The air guard gunner on the engine deck is one of the figures from the Otto Carius kit, with modified arms.

Kit supplied commander:

modified commander:

Driver:

Gunner:

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

8:03 AM - Sep 09, 2011 #19

Hi Sam,
have nothing to say! Love your german big cat and I would just like to enjoy to follow your project!

11:44 PM - Sep 10, 2011 #20

Hello all,

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au
So, i've decalled, using the kit decals for X7. I think the X7 on the hull sides might be a little big, but i'll stick with them anyway.

And i've started the weathering process, a wash, and some airbrush fading. The real shots of X7 show it to be very dusty, so this will be a long process. I want to have the camo colours evident, without the model looking like a pastel bomb.

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au