jagdtiger build

December 28th, 2011, 2:34 am #1

Hello again

Seasons greetings

Here is the next stage to the Jagdtiger build you guys inspired me to finish

There is still a substantial amount of work to do on the side of the hull but it will be completed in the next quarter of 2012.

The images are not all that crash hot but it gives a general view of where it is now .

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Michael

December 29th, 2011, 7:39 am #2

Really coming along nicely now, and love the figure poses - the CO struggling to hear and the lounging guy on the deck are really natural and fit the vehicle perfectly. Just wish I had some spare time to dust off my 2 and finish them now...
JB

December 30th, 2011, 10:26 pm #3

Thanks James,

Hopefully get a coat of paint on the beast in the next few weeks .

More to follow

Michael

January 15th, 2012, 2:33 am #4

Hello again

Seasons greetings

Here is the next stage to the Jagdtiger build you guys inspired me to finish

There is still a substantial amount of work to do on the side of the hull but it will be completed in the next quarter of 2012.

The images are not all that crash hot but it gives a general view of where it is now .

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Cheers
Michael
Hello everyone,

Here is the finish of all the etch and its ready for the paint now .

The weld beads are'nt all that crash hot .Its the first time doing the weld beads and I'm still learning .

I found with the Jagd The thing that stood out in real images was the weld beads are quite prominent .This was an area where it had to be enhanced a little.

There may be a couple of small areas like track pins and wing nuts but for now its being called pretty much done before the painting .

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG].

[/IMG]

Michael

Last edited by mikewalsh on January 15th, 2012, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2012, 8:34 am #5

Very very nice work Mike.

I think you've captured the look really well.

My personal feeling is that your figure composition could be improved upon, I just think the balance isn't there.

Sheeds

January 30th, 2012, 4:00 am #6

Thanks Sheeds

I see what you mean about the figure layout.

You could say it's a Jadg with a twist .

The other guys which had not been shown before with the Jagdtiger are listed below carrying Jerrycans to the Jagd.
The proposed layout was to capture the communication between the guys on the ground with the guys on the tank

This is how the tank will be positioned on the base.With a lot more ground work to do .

All the figures have been base coated in Humbrol paints.
Humbrol flesh was used for the base colour before the oils are applied to the face and hands .

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Michael

June 25th, 2012, 10:27 am #7

Hello everyone,

Here is the finish of all the etch and its ready for the paint now .

The weld beads are'nt all that crash hot .Its the first time doing the weld beads and I'm still learning .

I found with the Jagd The thing that stood out in real images was the weld beads are quite prominent .This was an area where it had to be enhanced a little.

There may be a couple of small areas like track pins and wing nuts but for now its being called pretty much done before the painting .

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG].

[/IMG]

Michael
Hello again

Here is the current stage where I am halfway at now.

The Jagd had been panted in the paints from the Life colour range with AK washes and mig pigments diluted into washes.

The visors are to be painted and more detailing work to follow but this is just give
a progress sitrep.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Michael

July 7th, 2012, 2:50 am #8

Hi Michael

You've made real progress, dirty and dusty the way it should be.

Any progress on the figures?

Cheers

Rob

July 7th, 2012, 10:43 am #9

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the kind words .
I was beginning to think no one visits the best model/tanker site on the net ,did you like that Sam,James

Currently working on the figures now .I have taken some quick snaps but I will go over and check before placement in the tank
Note
A black/brown wash has been used to give the figure depth in detail.They look bloody ugly at present I'll endeavour to make them look the part in the tank .

I went with a mix of uniforms.From when they surrendered in 45 there was a mix in there

I have also included the main colours I use for figure painting.Sorry , not as clean as you see in the magazines but to give you an idea that there are not too many colours needed to do your skin/face tones .By the way I have used this method for the 20 + years .
A broken down short version of the Verlinden way .

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Humbrol enamels and black/brown washes for the uniforms

Michael

July 13th, 2012, 1:14 pm #10

Hi Michael,

Looking the part and much more advanced than mine still! Figures as well .

Jon