Jagdtiger Ad Hoc Kamfgruppe SS/WH 653 What if...

August 31st, 2011, 12:51 pm #1

Ok..

My entry in this build off is one of the conjectural vehicles that consisted of 8 very late Jagdtigers which made up an ad-hoc kamfgruppe/composite unit crewed by SS/WH members as part of 653's final push towards Strengburg - Austria '45.

My plan is to depict this vehicle as it would have appeared after a mad road dash to stem the soviet tide...its my intention to do one of the "Teddy Bear" mounts - James is doing another of these intersting vehicles "Sunny Boy".

Ive added the late towing pintle - piltz - and other late features..

More to follow...
Big R.

August 31st, 2011, 9:08 pm #2

Well done - its all coming together VERY nicely!

I also detect a very clean model room in the background

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

September 1st, 2011, 9:41 am #3

Ok..

My entry in this build off is one of the conjectural vehicles that consisted of 8 very late Jagdtigers which made up an ad-hoc kamfgruppe/composite unit crewed by SS/WH members as part of 653's final push towards Strengburg - Austria '45.

My plan is to depict this vehicle as it would have appeared after a mad road dash to stem the soviet tide...its my intention to do one of the "Teddy Bear" mounts - James is doing another of these intersting vehicles "Sunny Boy".

More to follow...
Big R.
Nice one Big Fella.

Whats over the head light............a Russian Tankers helmut???

Sheeds

September 1st, 2011, 9:57 am #4

Sheeds,

Well spotted...it is indeed a Russian tankers helmut,just toying with some interesting stowage.

R.

September 2nd, 2011, 1:19 am #5

Don't we spell it helmet? Is he a German guy I don't know?

Nice effort mate - we just need Bailey to fire up his camera and get on board now and share his with us and the planets will finally be aligned...

September 4th, 2011, 12:31 am #6

Ok..

More to follow...
Big R.
Great build, Ray

Very nice work

Michael

September 15th, 2011, 1:01 pm #7

Ok..

More to follow...
Big R.
Just a small update..

Build is now 95% complete...just the last stowage touches that are to be painted in situ to add...and its primer time. Some stowage will be left off and added prior to final weathering.

More to follow...
R.

September 15th, 2011, 10:12 pm #8

whose mantlet is that, very nice. looks like everyone is heading into the final stretch.....

September 15th, 2011, 11:26 pm #9

Dr.

Thanks...Im happy with the way its coming along.
The mantlet is from a Japanese complany called Hobby Stone...and is excellent.All I added was the slaters numerals (84).They also do some tasty Jagpanther stuff...
I sourced mine from Rainbow Ten.

R.

September 17th, 2011, 9:20 am #10

Ray,

Great work ,just perfect.

Michael