Moderator: Triple R

Forum rules
RULES In the MN Power Rankings section of the board you will find a few things available for you.
First off, you can view the pinned topic which shows the current rankings which will be updated every so often as we as a group decide.
Second, the MN Power Rankings general discussion topic, in which as many of you know is basically there to go debate how we run this thing in general as far as how we rank people, who should be on the panel etc. etc. (And for that only, btw)
Lastly, one of the most important purposes we created this for... Was so that you can discuss what you as a player need to do in order to rise up on those rankings and become a better player. If you truly want to become one of the best and are dedicated to the game, you will come here to seek out advice from those better than you.

So basically where I'm getting at here, is the ONLY new topics to be created in this forum UNLESS IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT should be about the last thing I just talked about; with the topic title displaying your name. I hope this was a good idea and gets put to good use!

Minnesota Melee Power Rankings

Triple R
Mid Tier
Triple R
Mid Tier

1:46 AM - Oct 10, 2011 #1

Minnesota Power Rankings as of 10/20/12

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315452

12/7/11
1. Chexr
2. Deepak
3. Wake
4. Triple R
5. Zeus
6. Tempest
7. Amanze
7. James Sparrow
9. Fluxwolf
10. Moe

Introduction

First, things in this post are set in stone. There will be no changes to the workings of the PR. If there are concerns, suggestions can be made and they will be considered for the next revision of the PR. If there is an emergency or problem that is proven to be broken, it will be revised immediately.

Structure

The PR will be a list of 10 players based on skill with #1 being best.

Procedure

People will compile their personal 1-10 rankings and send them to me (Triple R) via PM. Please also post in this thread that you voted. A simple “voted” will do. This way I can check to see that I received your ballot and did not miss any. Ties will not be allowed on ballots. You must rank 1-10 with no ties. Ballots with ties will not be considered.

When I receive the ballots, people who receive a #1 rank will be given 10 points, #2 9 points, and so on. These points will then be added up and totaled to determine the final top 10 for the PR.

How to Rank

When making your ballot, rankings should be based off of placings at tournaments then money matches, in that order. Out of State(OoS) tournaments are to be considered when making your ranking. All tournaments where there is a prize should be taken into account: GnG monthlies, U of M tournaments, etc. Tournaments should be taken into consideration only if they have occurred in the last 4 months.

Again I plan to have everything in this post to be the final word. If I forgot a major point, or if there is a major flaw please don’t hesitate to post about it. Thanks and remember this is for fun and simply a way to motivate people to improve.
Last edited by Triple R on 1:17 AM - Oct 21, 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Wake
Mid Tier
Wake
Mid Tier

5:47 AM - Oct 10, 2011 #2

Voted.

-NaPPy
Mid Tier
-NaPPy
Mid Tier

7:31 PM - Oct 10, 2011 #3

nappy for 10th

Maxy B
Mid Tier
Maxy B
Mid Tier

9:25 PM - Oct 10, 2011 #4

Voted.

sin242
Mid Tier
sin242
Mid Tier

1:19 AM - Oct 11, 2011 #5

I fully plan on voting on the next one, I also still think the PR should be every 3 months

Triple R
Mid Tier
Triple R
Mid Tier

9:37 PM - Oct 11, 2011 #6

Voted.

@sin. I can assure you 3 months is too short. Most people struggle to get to 2 tournaments in 4 months. 3 months would be too short.

Amanze
Mid Tier
Amanze
Mid Tier

9:51 PM - Oct 11, 2011 #7

I think we should do it yearly so I can try really hard from Oct-Dec and then coast out for 9 months.

Kyle
God Tier
Kyle
God Tier

11:57 PM - Oct 11, 2011 #8

^lmaoo

Triple R
Mid Tier
Triple R
Mid Tier

4:57 PM - Oct 13, 2011 #9

So there is only about 3 whole days left of voting, and I only have a few votes. Remember you have to submit a ballot to be eligible for the PR. I will make a PR with less than 10 people if I have do.

DON'T MAKE ME DO IT!

I'LL DO IT!

Wake
Mid Tier
Wake
Mid Tier

8:15 PM - Oct 13, 2011 #10

Oh wow. Cmon people just vote! Randall's doing everything else for us. Is it that hard?! Don't be so lazy!