Merak
Nebuala Agent
Nebuala Agent
Merak
Nebuala Agent
Nebuala Agent

April 3rd, 2017, 11:57 pm #51

Gauntlet101010,Apr 3 2017 wrote: I don't care about too much. Unless the MM comic was killed for the show (it probably was) because all this time could have been giving us that amazing comic while we waited for a (probably) so-so show.
The RS cartoon was at least enjoyable. I can't stomach the BN anime, but that's just me. TO each of their own.

As for this?

I don't like the animation or that Ant Man...Mega Mini whatever it is called. It just feels so awkward.

They also want to market this and make toys and merch off this.

Gauntlet101010
Redeemed
Redeemed

April 4th, 2017, 12:03 am #52

We'll see.

I'm setting the bar low. Basically I think this'll be inoffensively bland. But we haven't seen much of anything yet. Hopefully I'm wrong.

TiedyeGirl96
WWW Navi
WWW Navi

April 4th, 2017, 12:19 am #53

I miss the comic too. This past December I "celebrated" the 1 year anniversary of the comic's hiatus by visiting my local comic store and looking to see if they had any extra copies of older issues. No luck there, but I did find my way into the Invader ZIM comic. But I digress.

If it's airing on CN, then they'll definitely will be trying to market it and make toy and merchandise sales off of it. And knowing CN's reputation, if it lacks toys sales, it'll likely get the axe, just like Sym-Biotic Titan. But it'll probably already have other challenges with being on CN, like competing with Teen Titans Go for air time, assuming that show is still around in 2018. Or getting a decent time slot at all. Good luck with that.

Knowing the target demographic, I'm not expecting much either. But we still don't know much about it, really, other than the premise, Mega Man's design, and Mega Mini. Not much to judge right now.

But in all honesty I don't expect it to last very long. To me it's kind of weird aiming a Mega Man-branded show at young children, who've probably never heard of the franchise unless older relatives have shared it with them. And a lot of older folks familiar with the franchise are turned off by the different designs and premise, as you can see in literally any comment section for any video/article concerning the show.

The more I think about this, the more I wish they could have just gone with an existing Mega Man incarnation, like Classic or X.
Last edited by TiedyeGirl96 on April 4th, 2017, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let there be peace among the gamers!

Gauntlet101010
Redeemed
Redeemed

April 4th, 2017, 12:29 am #54

Oh, we know a new character. Suna Light.

I guess that's gonna be Roll. I mean Megaman is Aki Light, so it makes sense to get Roll as someone new. I guess.

This further cements my "this is not classic" feeling. ironically it seems to have as much in common with Classic as Cap N, which I do consider an iteration of classic.

Merak
Nebuala Agent
Nebuala Agent
Merak
Nebuala Agent
Nebuala Agent

May 9th, 2017, 2:45 pm #55

TiedyeGirl96
WWW Navi
WWW Navi

May 10th, 2017, 6:16 pm #56

Hmm. I wonder what exactly that means for the show or production crew. On one hand, hiring passionate people who know what they're doing could be good for the show, but on the other hand, they seem to currently be short on crew members for some reason or another.

Gauntlet101010
Redeemed
Redeemed

May 10th, 2017, 6:28 pm #57

It means nothing, really.

Maybe they're successful and have too many things to work on, so they need talent.

Maybe they're failing and don't have enough talented people to do the job.

Or maybe some people quit and they need to fill the void.

TiedyeGirl96
WWW Navi
WWW Navi

July 13th, 2018, 9:43 pm #58

Looks like the show is finally going to premier at San Diego Comic Con 1 week from now, with a whole panel centered on it. And it finally has an official name.

Gauntlet101010
Redeemed
Redeemed

July 13th, 2018, 11:34 pm #59

Yeah, let's see how good it is!

With MM11 a lot less is riding on this in my eyes. MM11 is the real MM. This is fine as being it's own thing.

Slash Man
WWW Navi
WWW Navi
Slash Man
WWW Navi
WWW Navi

July 18th, 2018, 1:42 am #60

Yeah, though it will inevitably be compared to the game and vice-versa by the general public. I would say it has a greater chance of being seen by a wider audience, but it's always a gamble with new shows if they flop or not.

And I've gotten over the art style... in this day and age, anything that's not done in the CalArts style is passable.

TiedyeGirl96
WWW Navi
WWW Navi

August 7th, 2018, 11:06 pm #61

For anyone still interested, episode previews and other clips are available on both Cartoon Network's and the show's Youtube channels.

I haven't watched all of them yet, but from what I've seen from previews of the first two episodes, I think it's at least alright for what it is. I'm getting a "villain of the week" kind of vibe from it, what with all the Robot Masters to fight. Though I see some potential for an overarching story or theme, since I'm seeing what appears to be some human-robot tension that reminds me of Astro Boy and the Archie comic, in a way.

Oh, and evidently the first two episodes premiered on TV two days ago. Kinda wish I had known about that.

Gauntlet101010
Redeemed
Redeemed

August 8th, 2018, 12:19 am #62

Oh? Gonna have to hunt that down at some point.

Hopefully the show is interesting. Not nessasarily good. Interesting.

TiedyeGirl96
WWW Navi
WWW Navi

August 13th, 2018, 12:30 am #63

Something I'm noticing so far is that the show is rather inconvenient to catch on TV, at least where I live. It only airs on Sundays at like 6:30am on Cartoon Network for new episodes and later in the evening on Boomerang for re-runs (which in itself is a bit worrying since Boomerang seems to be CN's dumping grounds for some of their new shows that they don't want on the main channel). I had planned on trying to catch an episode this morning, but I just couldn't get up that early. And I have yet to see a single TV promo for it.

It's a good thing the show (or at least the first 10 episodes) is available on CN's website, because it's probably not going to do well on TV with its awful scheduling and lack of promotion. Digital streaming and on-demand services seem to be this show's best chance if this keeps up.
Last edited by TiedyeGirl96 on August 13th, 2018, 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gauntlet101010
Redeemed
Redeemed

September 3rd, 2018, 6:31 am #64

Welp, I saw the eps with Snake and Spark during the Mechs Meet.

Gotta say, I am a fan of the show. It's not NEARLY as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still bad enough to make me care about it. And by bad, I mean beyond a normal kid's cartoon level of bad. In this case the idea that Dr. Light somehow doesn't know his son Aki is Megaman. Huh!? Also Mega Mini. Man, oh man. I wish I could find some excuse to write a story where, from an outside perspective, Megaman just keeps on talking to himself without anyone knowing what's going on with him. And that dialogue. Wow. It's just insipid. They are really dumbing this show down.

But it's definitely not as bad as it could be. I mean, it really could be much worse. I think they held true to Megaman's spirit. After seeing it I definitely think they changed enough to make this it's own thing and not just a derivative of Classic MM. Sure, a lot is carried over, but a LOT more isn't. Suna is NOT Roll (not a maid, not a robot), Aki is NOT Rock (not a lab assistant), Bert Wily is NOT Dr. Wily. Namegam hasn't made an appearance yet, so jury's out on how much he isn't Protoman, despite similar themes. And Mega Mini. I gotta say, he beats out RS Rush in terms of being annoying and weird. I don't see why MM needs another robot in his head that gives him access to his own weapons. Weird! And he seems to be the only robot in the entire show with that "feature."

I do like how the weapons can affect MM's personality. It's a cute little addition. The eps are all 10 minutes long, so they don't do much with it .... or anything, really. Maybe we'd get more backstory if there was more time to work with. I gotta say someone at production REALLY doesn't believe in this show AT ALL. They ct the epsiodes down to 10, they move it to an obscure timeslot and make it only available on their shitty app. They WANT this crap to fail!

I think the best episode is the Waveman episode. It's the most "Megamanish" of them all. I genuinely like Wave's character.