MoneyMan
Regular Member
Joined: July 14th, 2010, 12:29 pm

January 13th, 2011, 4:20 am #41

Companion Cube wrote:If someone can make overhead sprites of the Sky Pop, then it can be a possibility.
I may be able to do this if someone supplies the sprites of another ship to base the animations and size off of
lol u a butt ur sister so fat hahaha #yolo
Quote
Like
Share

JudgeSpear
Regular Member
Joined: July 14th, 2010, 5:43 am

January 13th, 2011, 6:07 am #42

MoneyMan wrote:
Companion Cube wrote:If someone can make overhead sprites of the Sky Pop, then it can be a possibility.
I may be able to do this if someone supplies the sprites of another ship to base the animations and size off of
From the XFR Wiki:

Xeno Fighters R has a new forum! Click here to visit it: http://xenofighters.virtuaboard.com/
Quote
Like
Share

Cap'n Coconuts
Veteran Member
Joined: July 15th, 2010, 12:13 am

January 13th, 2011, 5:41 pm #43

Technically, any game is OK as long as it has SHMUP levels, right?

An Arwing from Star Fox is fine, too.
Quote
Like
Share

JudgeSpear
Regular Member
Joined: July 14th, 2010, 5:43 am

January 13th, 2011, 5:50 pm #44

Captain Cook wrote:Technically, any game is OK as long as it has SHMUP levels, right?

An Arwing from Star Fox is fine, too.
Yeah, that works. Since I've gotten a huge majority of game features done, what with the difficulty select and dynamic difficulty system (rank), all that's left to do is to make stages. Adding ships to XF-R is extremely easy to do; it usually takes at least 30 minutes to make a playable ship in XFR.

On the subject of Zapdos and a possible Sky Pop, a new EX stage will be made to unlock them:

Stage EX-5 (2008 Tetropolis): This stage will basically be the other overt reference to MKF (the first being EX-1, Gemini Canyon). Enemies and layout are undecided, but expect to encounter Tetris blocks as enemies. The boss of this stage will be none other than King Watinga, and he will have most of the same attacks he has in MKF in his second form.

Unlocks: Zapdos if you clear this stage, Sky Pop/Arwing if you clear this stage as Zapdos.
Xeno Fighters R has a new forum! Click here to visit it: http://xenofighters.virtuaboard.com/
Quote
Like
Share

Cap'n Coconuts
Veteran Member
Joined: July 15th, 2010, 12:13 am

January 13th, 2011, 6:49 pm #45

Also, a suggestion for music:

Using a 128 kpbs MP3 as a source file, I find OGG files at quality 0 (which I guess is about 48-64 kbps) sound a bit better than a 64 kbps MP3 file. FMOD also seems to have an easier time looping OGG files when the loop is the entire file.

And you use Goldwave to find the loops? I might have to check that out. So far my method has been "use pattern recognition skills to find loop points in Audacity and do some math".

... and speaking of Nintendo games with SHMUP segments, Kirby works too.

But at this point, I guess it's a matter of which sprites get done first...
Last edited by Cap'n Coconuts on January 13th, 2011, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

EvilMariobot
Veteran Member
Joined: July 15th, 2010, 1:07 am

January 15th, 2011, 3:02 am #46

Perhaps the Gnat Attack bugs could be used as enemies for Tetropolis since Watinga is the boss.

Also, I tried (and failed) to sprite an Arwing before. I'm posting the incomplete sheet in the hopes that someone can salvage this train wreck and make a workable ship from it. (feel free to ignore the laser and missile suggestions)
Quote
Like
Share

MoneyMan
Regular Member
Joined: July 14th, 2010, 12:29 pm

January 15th, 2011, 3:36 am #47

Companion Cube wrote:
MoneyMan wrote:
Companion Cube wrote:If someone can make overhead sprites of the Sky Pop, then it can be a possibility.
I may be able to do this if someone supplies the sprites of another ship to base the animations and size off of
From the XFR Wiki:

is it possible that you can make these animations into a strip or something, because I can't separate animated images
lol u a butt ur sister so fat hahaha #yolo
Quote
Like
Share

Cap'n Coconuts
Veteran Member
Joined: July 15th, 2010, 12:13 am

January 17th, 2011, 7:41 pm #48

An alternative bomber for the Sky Pop could be using a Starman (so functionally it'd work somewhat like Phyxius's bomber).

Also, for Kirby's Star Chariot (which probably could work as a clone for Sky Pop):

Laser: Star shot
Missile: ???
Bomber: Crash (or invincibility, like Mario's sky pop)

@ Moneyman: Download a GIF editor like Greenfish Icon Editor Pro.

You'll be able to view the individual subimages.
Quote
Like
Share

EvilMariobot
Veteran Member
Joined: July 15th, 2010, 1:07 am

January 18th, 2011, 3:15 am #49

Captain Cook wrote:An alternative bomber for the Sky Pop could be using a Starman (so functionally it'd work somewhat like Phyxius's bomber).

Also, for Kirby's Star Chariot (which probably could work as a clone for Sky Pop):

Laser: Star shot
Missile: ???
Bomber: Crash (or invincibility, like Mario's sky pop)
Missile could be Double Bomb missile from Kirby 64, or Missile from Amazing Mirror. An alternative Bomber could be Kirby's inhale. He'd suck in all bullets caught in the inhale, then spit out a large star.

Perhaps both could be used for either ship. There are ships with two bombers, after all.
Last edited by EvilMariobot on January 18th, 2011, 3:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Quote
Like
Share

ZeroFollower0
Regular Member
Joined: July 14th, 2010, 7:33 am

January 18th, 2011, 3:44 am #50

.... we have been over this before people Kirby isnt gunna be in. reasons i forget. something about it not being uhhh. ill let JS say.

wait i thought skypop was dropped to. gah im lost.
[marq=right][/marq]
Quote
Like
Share