My current stage WIP: Braum's Aquaducts

Obreck

August 16th, 2010, 8:11 am #1

Currently I am working on stage 6A. It is a hybrid of the "Stream" stage of CV3 and the mansions of CV2.

So far got the first room tiled.

The area might be familiar to old school CV players:

Water is a common theme in this stage:

Oh, just for fun here is the new load screen for SCV3:

Armored skeletons with swords are among the new enemies:

Last edited by Obreck on August 16th, 2010, 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silent

August 16th, 2010, 2:41 pm #2

Looks great, Obreck.

MoneyMan

August 16th, 2010, 3:43 pm #3

Looks nice as always
lol u a butt ur sister so fat hahaha #yolo

reiko26

August 16th, 2010, 10:26 pm #4

OMG Mike this is mind boggling to me. I really like how you incoporated a remix of cv2 and 3 stage into one.that takes me back to them days of nes lol.

ps,hey if you need anything else from me,pls let me know.and are you going to use the custom alucard or are you using the original? just wondering being that i see classic alucard sotn version.

Obreck

August 22nd, 2010, 11:01 pm #5

Here's scene inspired from part of CV2's wilderness:

Here's the Axearmors of SCV3. I wanted something a bit old school in their design, something close to the original CV3 look. They are an combined edit of the CV4 and Chronicles Axearmors with a SOTN palette similar to the CV3 blue shade.

Plus all the modern Axearmors are created for tons of manually animated parts, a bit much to create for a standard enemy.

Axearmors start with a shield that will stop most player projectiles dead in their tracks. However they break after absorbing too many hits and offer no protection from Sypha's magic:

Like in newer CV games Axearmors will throw their axes downward at players below them. Unless your playing easy mode:

Last edited by Obreck on August 22nd, 2010, 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Laslunder

August 23rd, 2010, 2:34 am #6

yeah Axe armors! That's a good bit! Can't have a castlevania game without those guys. they're always a pain, like medusa heads escpecially when there's a handful in one area. BTW Obreck i'm really diggin the waterfall levels. It's got moving water right? Lots of fishmen two i'd assume. Wanted to know what enemy is on the top screenshot above alucard(Roman soldier-ish) never seen that foe before.Just to ask, hypothetically, if you now have alucard playable aswell as trevor, how will you use the two interchangeably? In the nes version i believe you'd hit the select button to switch. How will that play out here? Have you gotten that far yet? Oh before i forget under character discussion group reiko26 and i have been brainstorming on some ideas for possible intro and ending parts. If you get a chance you should jump over to that page. We haven't yet posted the intro stuff yet but did with the ending scenes for all 3 characters. Don't know if they'll be of interest but theyr'e there.
Last edited by Laslunder on August 23rd, 2010, 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Obreck

August 23rd, 2010, 10:42 am #7

wrote: BTW Obreck i'm really diggin the waterfall levels. It's got moving water right? Lots of fishmen two i'd assume.
Yeah, there is moving water, and red fishmen are common in parts of the stage.
wrote:Wanted to know what enemy is on the top screenshot above alucard(Roman soldier-ish) never seen that foe before.
Those are Trident Armors. They appear in CV2 in the fortresses. Since this stage mixes in CV2 fortress elements I put them in. The slimes from CV2 will also be present.
wrote:Just to ask, hypothetically, if you now have alucard playable aswell as trevor, how will you use the two interchangeably? In the nes version i believe you'd hit the select button to switch. How will that play out here? Have you gotten that far yet?
Yes I already added the player swapping system. It is similar to the CV3 version, though the transition is much faster and based off a Haunted Castle special effect. In the current build you can swap between Trevor and Alucard with a button press.

reiko26

August 24th, 2010, 11:01 pm #8

yeah dude,awesome. we got axe armors!! hey Mike i like how you incorporated the axe armors axe throw downward. Also i think that i will find it intriguing to see what the trident armors will do. major kudos my friend :yes:
Last edited by reiko26 on August 24th, 2010, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laslunder

August 25th, 2010, 5:22 pm #9

Well now i see why you encorporated the diagonal whipping for Trevor/maybe Sypha. Axe armors throw diagonal through the floors, now that'll be tricky to defend against when trying to move forward in a level. I believe the only time i've ever seen that happen in a konami game would be in sotn/nitm when your in the hallway of the castle keep headed up to fight richter in dracula's throne room. If your not careful on the ground above the hallway where the hunchback/falcon birds are the axe armors will actually throw through the floor at you. I remember the first time seeing this i was kinda shocked like i didn't know what to expect.

Obreck

August 26th, 2010, 9:39 am #10

Here is the stage miniboss, the Giant Merman. Some might recongize him from the GBA game, Harmony of Dissonance:

In this game he's a red merman breed, thus uses a fire attack instead of waves:

He can also summon merman and toads to his aid:

And he has a dash attack:

Fortunately his pattern is at least predictable and his health fairly low.