reiko26

September 1st, 2010, 5:35 pm #21

we would be in big trouble if it is Galamoth.

Laslunder

September 1st, 2010, 6:15 pm #22

Galamoth what a pain! Yeah he'd be in the high hit point side if ported from sotn. Far more than even shaft,death, or dracula. The best way he suffers is by knifes(holy water did nothing in sotn). I love suprises especially when guessing who you'll be up against at the end of a stage. How about Igor and Frankenstein. No wait they'd be in a dungeon or something. Defenitly not a Amodokon Mummy level either. I don't know. It ain't drac, at least i know that. What about that Zephyr boss with the claws. Ya know the one that looks like wolverine with red hair. I'm guessing it's not medusa she should be on the ship i think. Maybe it's a leventhian demon boss. Should be fun! Can't wait to find out. Ooh man i have this CV song i don't know where its from it'd be perfect for the inbetween levels(taking the high road,low road with you friend). Reiko Alucard is in game now! CHeers!

reiko26

September 3rd, 2010, 7:34 pm #23

i wonder if there is a designed map for taking the low road or high road? what if the boss for this stage is shaft or maybe a zombie simon belmont lol jk.idk cant wait to see.

whats with the silence here??? :what:
Last edited by reiko26 on September 7th, 2010, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laslunder

September 8th, 2010, 9:25 am #24

Yeah it would be interesting to know if someone out there's done a high road/low road map for all the levels in 16bit. Has anyone worked on this? Any how i found a song that sounds like it would fit well if there isn't a good version of the original. The song is called Life Timer ~Countdownl Mission~ from the soundtrack Castelvania Pachislot Original Soundtrack. It sounds great! Hey Obreck did you get my pm messages? I sent you two of them.
Last edited by Laslunder on September 8th, 2010, 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

reiko26

September 10th, 2010, 12:21 am #25

hey las,in the original game of draculas curse,it would show trevor or trevor and whoever he kept with him. i was thinking about how a remake of that would look if trevor found all 3 chars and it would possibly look like this

then if that secret char" u know who" is actually going to be playable then maybe his ending would vary from trevors drastically and dramatically. but hey,only time will tell. oh yeah, i would like to check out that track you were talking about as far the high road and low road. to my knowledge, im not sure that anyone has made one yet. but then again we dont know what the mechanics of how the map is going to look. guess we will have to wait or ask mike himself
Last edited by reiko26 on September 10th, 2010, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laslunder

September 10th, 2010, 4:07 am #26

Well i must say that that ending there looks cool, but yeah only if you've managed to take the road to collect all the cahracters. I don't remeber enough of the game to tell ya who comes in wherer i just remember the possesed grant fight yeilds grant playable after you beat him if you accept. Now as far as i've seen on you tube videos you only have an ending with at least trevor by himself or one other playable cahracter. I like the concept you have, though im not sure how Obreck has it set up Reiko. If you can collect them all then maybe there can be an ending scene with all. I do agree it would not be too bad. Maybe it should end with who ever you've collected or used. That'd be something huh! Even a secret charcater if you beat the game twice. I know waht you mean maybe he or she could be at the end too if of course you beat a second quest or something. Boy Braum's aquadeucts is the level for me man. I remeber that level llike13 or something closer to the end i thought of cv3. With all the fishmen and the boss i beleive was a dopplehange. The big question and would be really cool, is is the dopplehanger gonna be just cloned zombie trevor, or can it be sypha,alucard, grant, or whatever. That'd kick ass truly. I freakin love that level with waterfalls. Probably my favorite other than clocktower or ghostship. The clocktower kicked ass too. They should throw those anyoing ass harpies in there or kasusmans or something. That'll give ya trouble. Anyhow reiko if you want perhaps you could take that edit i did of jorge's with the 16bit looking cliff caslte scene and take all the characters we recreated and edited in 16bit and put them on there. I personally think it'd be nicer than an 8 bit version which probably wouldnl fit in a 16bit game. But kudos i like the idea man. Good stuf! keep it up. impressive. We'll have to see what Obreck is planning. But i really gotta say to everyone there's some great ideas floating here on the forum. And yeah i haven't heard much in a week or so from virtually anyone. I have a finished grant and sypha(Reiko and I) sheest ready. I don't mean to pester but Obreck did you receive these. If you want i can send them in sendspace. Anyhow this project seems awesome keeps showing more and more promising. Can't wait to see the new look alucard and new levels. Yeah i wonder too about the high/low roads. If Obreck needs anything he can rely on you and i reiko26, ain't that right. One last thing are we gonna here all the same songs or should some be diffrent. Maybe there can be a board on it. There are some damn good remakes out there of some songs. Some songs don't have very good remake's and could use replacement songs. Well anyway later for now guys!
Last edited by Laslunder on September 10th, 2010, 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

reiko26

September 12th, 2010, 4:18 am #27

Ideas, are coming left and right,man i've got plenty as of now but will continue to work on them my trevor edit is a little pain. but i will get through it one way or another.as far as the dopplegangers, man thats going to be cool to see what mike does. as you've mention before about posessed versions Las. do you have any concepts yet?would be cool to see it incorporated in 16 bit. and Yes my friend,Mike can depend on you and I as we are in to the end.best believe that my friend lol.

Laslunder

September 13th, 2010, 7:20 pm #28

Hey Reiko, good to here from you man, yes great to hear about the trevor sprites. Some times i know for me shading on characters can be an issue. But things usually work themselves out if i keep chipping away at it. Sometimes you have to take a quick break and come back to it,so as not to get frustrated with it. I think at one point i was smacking my hand to my head over the sypha robe. I finally got a version where i felt it really did look as thought the shading made if seems she was goin up and down the stairs. Some times some things require more effort other things sometimes come easier. Everybody's different. Some can shade great but have trouble with movements. I am the opposite at that. Well, i'll be delighted to see what your trevor looks like when done. Man i can't wait. Hey you know braum's aquaduct is like the castle bridge level i think with the "stream" songs. That song is one of my favorites. Great tune. I often wonder when Obreck implement's Sypha is he going to make it so she can freeze the water and walk on it. This will be monumental no doub,t especially to see it in 16-bit. As for dopplehangers, I don't know what Obreck will do. My guess is if he keeps all characters so they fight themselves, then perhaps someone can use a program like the gimp or adobe photoshop and colorize them to a light purplish hue. If not I have and idea. Perhaps there is a way to take the dopplehanger and make them flicker different colors or have a purple haze around them kind of like when leon fought himself(dopplehanger) in Lament of Innocence. That was a cool ass battle. Great game too! Oh i recently did some research on youtube idk but they may be called doppleGangers not doppleHangers oops! Any ways in dracula's curse and i believe Lament of innocence they have a lighter purple hue to them as i suspected. But in sotn it is just a duplicate literally of alucard. This may not be a bad idea either and may seem cool aswell. It should be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm as anxious as anyone here to see what Mike does.
Last edited by Laslunder on September 13th, 2010, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obreck

September 23rd, 2010, 10:34 am #29

[utube][/utube]

Laslunder

September 23rd, 2010, 6:37 pm #30

OOoh! I like this level. It has that dark and secluded feeling. I'll say it like homer simpson says" Beeeer". Instead i'll say "Moooving Waaater". That's some cool shit,but i think when the demo comes i'll be using trevor on the boss with the diagonal whipping. Good choice of baddies in that level espciallly the boss. I'd be interested to see what goes on with the doppleganger situation and Nasy Grant. I know you say you don't need Nasty Grant. I did for the hell of it start some nasty grant spriting it doesn't quite look like him but he's pretty fricken scarry looking. Anyhow nice aquaduct level. Both are done so nice i dunno which i like better. Well, that video was a bit of a spoiler. You shoulda cut it off right before the boss and keep everyone guessing. Water Dragons right? And the song was cross on the breast right? Good choice. You know a there's a good choice of dracul level songs. IF you played Cof D for ps2 that level song is a dark type song. Well, good job on the level. Will wait to see more. Are there any more levels before new demo or are the two levels the new version?