Alucard's Origin

Clan D
Greenhorn

February 11th, 2011, 3:01 am #1

If that is the case, maybe the cyclops boss should be given a petrifying attack when Trevor fight him, in the original he only have the rush attack and the hammer strike, it will also give the fight more variety.

About Alucard and Grant, I think there is a lot of potential in their back histories, here are some ideas:
Grant have a pirate look in this game, the zombie imposter of SotN kind of confirms this, and there is a Ghost Ship level righ there, also if we consider the intro of Curse of Darkness, it is say that at that time Dracula was in full scale war againts the humans, so we could say that the ghost ship was a battle ship that intented a naval strike on Castlevania, Grant along his father and brothers were the leaders of the attack, unfortunately the strike failed, the sailors were killed and raised as undead and Grant was captured and locked in the clock tower, maybe by Death, Death likes the Clock Tower a lot.

As for Alucard, there is a detail about his history that was never clarified and kind of bugs me, this could be a good place to try to give it some develop, that detail is Lisa's Death, ¿When did it happen exactly? ¿was when Alucard was just a child so he could no do anything to help her? ¿Was when he was already an adult but before he develop his vampiric powers so he was still unable to help her? or when he had the power to save her, but didn't just because she asked him no to intervene, and ¿what about Dracula himself? in SotN his dialogues seen to show that he trully cared for her, and considering the history of Lament of Innocense, that just don't make sense, in first place Mathias Crovis AKA Dracula had been a vampire for several centuries, so when he meet Lisa he was already more than powerfull enough to protect her from a whole army, second his entire motivation in LoI is that his loved Elizabetha died, now that after almost four hundred years he finally meet another girl that he could love, ¿will he really let a mob of peasants kill her without doing anything to stop them? and remenber tha Drac is kind of mercyless in all the games so I doubt he will pull back just because Lisa ask him not to harm humans, (the way she did to Alucard in the dream in SotN) and about that last part... ¿was she really asking her son no to harm the people that were about to burn her alive in front of him? ¿was she suicidal? ¿even insane maybe? cause that part where she tells Alucard "watch me die" does no sound like a loving mother to me, anyway, it was suppose to be a nighmare so probably things happened in a very different way, all of that make prime material for a origin history for the heroic son of the dark lord I think.

Laslunder

February 11th, 2011, 3:47 am #2

Well you know that lisa is alucard's mother right. In sotn she was just a puppet of alucard's imagination honed by succubus who invades men's dreams. What was said in sotn may not have been true even by konami standards but just twisted by succubus vampire herself. From what i remember reading in real life dracula did have 2 sons both of whom fought with him in wars. They were top generals. But i belive part of this story is true and some of his biggest followers turned him in including one of his sons i believe to his enemy who imprisoned him,more than likely that's were alucard comes from. But dracula managed to escape via help. Only to re-rule cruelly once again after sending thousands to their horrible deaths and eventually get killed by A)either one of his own soldiers,B) a turk or C) someone dressed as an assasin who knew him. It isn't exactly clear. I think he may have also been married to a women who's named was lisa probably like Elisabeth " lisa" just a sub name of the full one. Konami usually does things like this. I've actually researched some of their charcters names. To find much of this story is somewhat true. Not all of it of course but some chracters are representations of real people at that time. Oh as for Mathias he is a vampire in Lament from what i remameber but not Dracula. He may represent his lineage though, throughout the series. That part as far as i know is made up. As for Mathias he could be a real person i don't actaully know. Also Lament of Innocence is supposed to be according to the konami line, the first belmont, who is Leon. Much later, centuries in fact, sotn is introduced and none of those chracters other than succubus herself play a role in sotn. She is a vampire/demon who seems to be lured to masters' of castle god knows what for.But yeah that's the role she seems to have in the castlevania realm. Do not quote me on all this stuff. I may be somewhat inaccurate on some of it. It is primarily based off of what i remember reading online.
Last edited by Laslunder on February 11th, 2011, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clan D
Greenhorn

February 11th, 2011, 1:13 pm #3

Yes lastlunder, I'm aware that Lisa is Alucard's mother, I refered how that very fact is what makes specially creepy of her to ask his son to watch her die, as for the Lament of Innocence part I'm pretty sure Mathias is Dracula, you see in the game he got his hands into the "Crimson Stone" an artifact of Alchemy that alowed him to absorb for himself the power of other vampires and forge a pact with Death, and according to wath I have read this is canon by Konami, and one of the many points where the history deviates from real life, most likely cuase Mathias Crovist was somewath based on Mathias Corvinus an historical enemy of Vlad Tepes, also in the Konami version I think Dracula has only one son, Alucard, the closer thing to the top generals sons you related may be Issac and Hector, the two devil forge masters from Curse of Darkness, one of them betrays him as well, guess wich one :-)
Last edited by Clan D on February 11th, 2011, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheomanZero

February 11th, 2011, 5:10 pm #4

I think Lisa was Dracula's second wife, and according to some fans possibly the reincarnation of Elizabetha. She lets herself be killed because because the mob of peasants were calling her a witch, and she knew that 1. you can't reason with mobs of peasants, and 2. if Alucard tried to stop her they'd turn on him (though it probably didn't happen exactly like the Succubus' dream -- most likely Alucard was much younger and less powerful at this point anyway). As for why Dracula didn't intervene? Well, I know the games make this hard to remember, but Dracula being around is the exception rather than the rule. He only resurrects every hundred years (or when someone collects his remains, or performs a sacrifice, or makes some magical paintings, or any one of the many other exceptions). Presumably, Drac was just between resurrections at that point -- it is a bit on an inconvenience for him each time the Belmonts kill him, after all.
Last edited by TheomanZero on February 11th, 2011, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laslunder

February 11th, 2011, 5:59 pm #5

@clan D. Yes i realize that some of these names are nearly exact just changed slightly by konami. I kinda like that actually. Not all of what konami has is true. It's intentional from what i gather for them to alter actual history somewhat to maket their own story line. In lament of innonecenc for example now we see that Mathias is actually the first vampire or so it may seem, never before reveiled by konami. I beat the game and yeah it plays out exact to what you say. Now in real life he and drac may have been enemies or whatever but drac wasn't even born until several centuries later. I don't know exact dates but i think mathias was around the 1024 marker and 1450 is drac. Something like that. But yeah onece again we see konami getting creative with characters names from different reference points. I heard some strange stuff about sotn. Like in the reverse caste that the scarecrow, lion and tin bot represent them from the wizard of oz. Their is even spectulation that the ape skeleton throwing the barrel is a reference to donkey kong!?? Who knows on that one though. Interesting stuff to say the least.

@Theomanzero, some of this may be more accurate than what i was saying, as it has beeen a while since i read stuff about dracula online. I do belive he had 2 sons at least. It doesn't say he doesn't have more i think it doesn't mention the others. I think the actual story of alucrad is somewhat true he had a normal name and i don't even think it was adrien but i don't actually know. It would be best if i reserached it again. All i know is drac reigns horribly after winning some wars, kills i believe in the name of god claiming people are lazy and should pay for their sins yada yads(sounds crazy like hitler imo). And murder thousand upon thousands if he didnt' get what he wanted. Either way he was captured by his traitor friends, one which i belive they said was his son, and the other some top generals but he gets outta prison in like 2 years or something and re-reign's for a short while before being killed. I don't know how accurate each site is some say slightly differnt things. Some are pretty close to each others story. he also had at one point in time a wife and a mistress and he had his mistress killed when he found out she was pregnant, cuase this would humiliate drac in front of his noble peers. The dude was just a pyshco from the start. his father and brother were killed during a battle with the dinasties i belvei aswell. And he hunted down most of the dineasties and swore to avenge their blood becaue of his brother and fathers' death. Like i said this was what i remeber reading. I don't know if it's all 100% true. Just read online and you'll see i'm at least pretty damn accurate from atleast some stories.
Last edited by Laslunder on February 11th, 2011, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clan D
Greenhorn

February 11th, 2011, 7:19 pm #6

Well TheomanZero has a point maybe Drac was death when the mob get Lisa, but there is a problem with that theory, as far as I recall, the war between Dracula and the humans started only shortly before Castlevania Curse of Darkness, before that Dracula was a vampire but haven't started anything yet (IGA declare Castlevania Legends no canon), and well that is quite a interesting turn of events cause it will meant a Belmont, maybe Trevor's father, go and killed Dracula without provocation, just in the name of an ancient family feud againds vampires sweared by Leon almost 400 years prior, and he did that at the very time Drac was just remarried and become a father, thus leaving a helpless widow and a orphan at the mercy of murderous mob...
wow, kind of creepy, ¿A dark side Belmot falling to much in the fanatical extreme? sounds worth discussing

Laslunder

February 11th, 2011, 9:49 pm #7

Well one thing is certain and i read this somewhere online is that konami does not wanna confuse trevor with the theory people get that alucard is his father. Clearly he isn't and wasn't intended to be. If Sonia who is supposed to be trevor's mother, though it isn't necessarily stated and hooked up with alucard after defeating drac then konami has pretty much indicated by making castlevania legends non-canon for this reason. They do not want people to lead themselve to believe alucard is his father. As of so far he has no further kin other than drac his father and lisa his mother. As for trevor's father he is never mentioned. It's funny how people try and put 1 and 1 together. I'd say it's up to konami to decide that. And i don't think it's they don't recognize sonia as a belmont in the lineage line it's that A) she may never have beeen even intended on being trevor's mother at all and perhaps just a relative. It isn't actually stated from what i've read. But either way i think that's why they tried to push sonia as non-canon to clear up the fact everyone things they made a mistake when in actuality they didn't, and people are only to quick to assume something that may not be at all or even intended. It's almost like someone out there played the telephone tag theory where the more people conect to more people with the gossip it turns around into something fantasmic that is blown way out of proportion.

mortaldragonxx1
Greenhorn

February 12th, 2011, 5:28 am #8

here you've got info about alucard:

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/alucard.htm

i hope it's useful for you people.
greetings.

Laslunder

February 12th, 2011, 6:54 am #9

Well, if that is indeed the case is that story on vgmuseum actually canon to konami's ideas. Even though it mentions reincarnate of Mathias to Dracula obviously years later(just look at the timeline differneces and when drac was actually born). It never mentions in Lament of innocence that Mathias is actually Drac, it mentions him being a vampire and such. Also do you see why konami tried to pull sonia off the canon line. If this were indeed the case then why in Cv3 does alucard not become mentioned as trevor's father and sonia his mother. I see little to no qualifications of this being canon to konami. For all i know it could be someone's inventive idea. Not to say they aren't plausible. But what purpose would drac serve to cahnge his name or identify for that matter. And in what rightful sense would alucard hide his identity from trevor if he was his son. I've seriously read around the net about that being the reason they wanted to make castelvania legends with sonia non-canon. I don't beliieve in cv3 this was made known. And if it is in castelvenai legends does it actually fully state alucard is the father. I'd be more realistic upon the game stories and not actually by everything you hear or read. It's probably reasons like this site why konami changed their views. I actually find mathias to be dracula harder to believe. I thought the concept of draula ressurecting every 100 years is that "he" ressurected every 100 years or whatevre the time is not "mathais as drac". Am i making sense with this. I've never heard of that in any game to be honest nor trevor being alucards' son. Maybe sonia was the motehr at the end of legends(i personally never played that game). But yeah this lineage thing i could see getting very confusing to the point of insanity. I say let obreck use his ideas for the storyline. It is after all cv3 so i'm sure most of what you hear from the original won't deviate to much i'd assume. Well either way good find on vgmuseum. At least the stories sound good don't know how valid they hold up in konami's fashion.

Clan D
Greenhorn

February 12th, 2011, 2:49 pm #10

Well for what I have read the thing with Mathias and Dracula is kind of a continuity retcon, apparently in the first draft of Lament of Innocence, the game was going to take place jus a few years prior to Castlevania 3, so Elizabetha was going to be Lisa,and instead of dying of sickness she will be burned at the stake for witchcraft, Mathias was going to be Dracula, and Leon Belmot the father or Grantfather of Trevor, in my opinion it made more sense that how it turned, this way Alucard will be a young kid at the time her mother was executed.
The thing is that they changed the history and let a void of 400 years between the firt castlevania, Lament of Innocence (in historical continuity I meant) and the second, Castlevania 3, I guess they did it this way because Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow are supposed to be the series's finale, so they could no make any games that take place after 2036, (Castlevania in the 23th century doesn't sound very appeling anyway) and the timeshift between 1476, the date of Castlevania 3, and 2036 was already too cramed with games, after all in the early versions of the history, Dracula needed 100 years in order to recover from his latest death, but more recent games shortened the period in order to accomodate more games in the same time span, Konami was well aware that Castlevania was one of his more profitable franchises so in order to create some "space" in the storyline to put some more game, they intentionaly move Lament of Innocence way back in the past, so now they have all the time lapse beetwen 1094 and 1476 to fill some more installements, the funny thing is that this was not necesary since the newest castlevania, Lord of Shadow, starts a whole diferent alternate history line, and that was the right idea I think, cause there is only so many times you could use the same basic premise before it starts to look a little old, anyway the void between games is already there and I guess Konami need to make at least another two more games following the original time line in order to nicely wrap it and complete it, the firt one should explain how Mathias become Dracula, the second should narrate in detail the Demon Castle war of 1999 reffered in the Aria of Sorrow & Dawn of Sorrow games.
As a side note, in Legends is suggested that Alucard loves or at least likes Sonia Belmont, but it's never suggested that they actually err... "consumate" their union, theirs could very well be a plattonic love, after all in SoN is revealed that that after Castlevania 3, Alucard sealed himself in order to purgue the world from his own acursed bloodline, considering this, it is hard to belive that he will be willing to expand such acursed bloodline by havind decendants, and with a Belmont girl of all people, anyway I don't like the idea very much, because it takes away part of the charm of the Belmonts, they are supposeed to be mortals that train extensibly to be on par with supernatural vampires, if Trevor and his decedants where part vampire, well lets say that it would be a little like cheating, on the other hand it will explain why the Belmonts where exiled from Romania for their superhuman battle prowess, cause it will be also out of fear of their demonic heritage, but them again Leon did show superhuman levels of skill and strengh in Lament of Innocence, that was many years before Trevor, and he was confirmed a 100% undiluted human badass :-D