Laslunder

February 12th, 2011, 4:24 pm #11

Well i guess with all that being said the belmonts could be even viewed as a potential merlin or harry potter type people are lucky bloodline who have extra human abilities most don't have. I suppose that theory could be relevant to the game without making it sound way too unrealistic. I'm not talking ridicuolus like superman or nothing just a touch out of the ordinary type people. But as for alucard yeah i know konami didnt' like the idea people's heads were filled with sonia+alucard=trevor. I read on a couple sites at least this is waht they didn't want. As for Drac being originally Mathias well i guess i kinda must of missed that in the ending of lament when he was pissed with God and people and wanted to curse them and all. Do you think that he is perhaps an anceint descendant more than a reincarnation of drac. I mean they both have wifes with teh same name but is it just coincidental or did konami prepare it that way. You see imo they could push back the timeline far before drac like they did but it would only make sense to make it someone else. Seeing that all fanbase pretty much know that drac was around in the 1450's or so. I mean if you look at history konami is pretty accurate to his real timeline at least i'm pretty sure. But why make Mathias into drac. I don't partictularily fully believe that was the intended case nor did you even battle him in lament. He seemed to want no harm against his friend but against all other humanity for what happened. If it was the case i have to say i'm not particularly fond of it. It would make more sense for drac to have ancestors who were bad or something like Mathias. But then again will the story go even further back at some point even to perhaps teh time of christ or even further in timelineage. I mean there's plenty of spaces to put stories in timelines for konami. They shouldn't run out any time soon. My strong belief is that if they put 2 cv games out per system they'll be good for a long time. Like they did with playstation and ps2. It keeps people motivated. Hey did anyone notice when you defeat succubus and joachim that they appear to die but don't really. They turn into these little bubbles that float through the walls. I think this is how you tell they are vampires in the game. They are the only two if i recall correctly to do so. Also succubus appears later in sotn. Maybe at somepoint joachim will appear. And also they can't be dead cause the other hidden player was indeed joachim(sorry for those that i spoiled that). But i guess that bubble thing must be like mist or something. EIther way i though it was a cool concept. You know i could not tell in curse of darkness who the hell st. germain is. What is the guys purpose. I think he's a storyteller or something idk. Maybe i missed soemthing in that game. Well either way good information there wether fully konami true or not, some of that make for the premise of other potential cool games that could be made aswell.

The Qu

February 12th, 2011, 4:59 pm #12

1: You guys are overthinking things.

2: Guys, please use paragraphs. Walls of text hurt peoples' eyes.
Keiang wrote:Whelp, Qu's officially an underwear Nazi.
Starborn on SomethingAwful wrote:im gay lol history of toilet paper is very much also a history of paper. Shortly after paper was widely adopted, people began wiping im gay lolir butts with it.

Clan D
Greenhorn

February 12th, 2011, 5:31 pm #13

Well according to wikipedia:

"Mathias blamed God for Elisabetha's death, and planned to revenge himself upon God by becoming immortal. He offered Leon the chance to join him in eternal life, which Leon refused. Disappointed, Mathias escaped, leaving Leon to battle Death. Leon defeated Death and sent him with a message to Mathias that "the Belmont clan will hunt the night". Series producer Koji Igarashi has confirmed that Mathias eventually becomes Dracula."

So yep Mathias is Dracula.
Also it will be awkard for Dracula to have ancestors or decendants (appart from Alucard that is) mainly because being a vampire and so impervious to age, the vampire decendants will just pile up instead of taking the place of their fathers, also I think there is a limited time lapse in witch the Castlevania games could take place, this due mainly to the aestetic aspects of the saga, it mixes medieval weaponary with barroque renainsense art and arquitecture, that is the reason the games have to historicaly take place between the middle ages and the "present", cause the style of the game ill have troubles fitting in ages before or after that period.
That say, we could also assume that Caos (The Castle itself) is capable of time bending, after all there are greek monster in many of the games (Minotaurs, Cyclops and Medusa comes to mind) and some installements allow the use of tech weaponary (Hanguns and grenades in Aria of Sorrow a Gattling gun in Curse of Darkness yes a f****g Gattling gun in the early middle ages) so I guess that with a little of imagination you could shoehorn a Castlevania tale in almost any time setting.
Whit that say, I got to tell that I think we are deviating from the original theme, the question was more like ¿Why is Alucard in those catacombs? for what I remenber from the NES game he says something like "I was waiting for someone like you" so I guess he fought Tervor in order to test him, to see if he was strongh enough to help him to defeat Dracula, that would meant he had already decide to go againts his father before meeting Trevor, and that he knew he was no match for him alone, so he was waiting for a whorty ally.

Laslunder

February 12th, 2011, 7:01 pm #14

Well i guess that's that. I don't suppose i'd think about it much further but if that' what they had in mind then it is what it is. I don't write their story lines. I'd probably have things a little diffrent than that. Why have dracula a reincarnate of some other guy. It almost seems like a differnt theme all together in sense. Well it is kinda about the belmonts too and not just dracula. As for them incorporating other bosses from other themes such as the greeks' medusa, cyclops, minatour. Those seem to fit as good dark allies for dracula.I like the incorporation of bad guys like olrox and galamoth aswell in sotn. But in cv3 for some reason they keep throwing reduntant bosses you defeated back in the picutre. To bad they never put olrox in or succubus in their places or something like say for the skull knight (2) and the cyclops(2) they outta have replaced them i think. Yeah i agree the story line for cv3 is the more important thing. Lets' think back some twenty years ago or so like 1989 when that storyline was developed and no one even heard of leon and mathias. What would it be like in a more dialoque oriented 16 bit theme?

EvilMariobot
Veteran Member

February 13th, 2011, 2:50 am #15

Laslunder wrote:But in cv3 for some reason they keep throwing reduntant bosses you defeated back in the picutre. To bad they never put olrox in or succubus in their places or something like say for the skull knight (2) and the cyclops(2) they outta have replaced them i think.
One of the goals of Super Castlevania 3, I believe.

On a side note, I hope they remake Legends with a more canon friendly storyline. I like the Idea of there being a female Belmont taking up the whip and fighting the good fight. I do remember there being fan outrage at the declaration Sonia was non-canon.

Also, maybe we should split this discussion into it's own topic?
Last edited by EvilMariobot on February 13th, 2011, 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clan D
Greenhorn

February 13th, 2011, 1:20 pm #16

Well I think that could be a good idea, once Super Castlevania 3 is completed, there will be a lot of resourses gathered, sprites, backgrounds, music, characters, move sets, so remaking some of the other classic Castlevania games will be a lot easier, and as I recall Castlevania Legends was pretty short compared to Castlevania 3, just one protagonist, a small amount of generic enemies and about six stages with only one path variation (The catacomb stage right before the final stage was optional I think) ¿so why don't make it here too?
The extra efftort will be to put together a decent Sonia, with good sprites, and create a set of movements for her, as her figthing style is a little different from that of male Belmonts, she had some magic that she obtained after defeating bosses (¿Soma Cruz who?) and the subweapons were collectibles instead of well... weapons, she also could unleash fireballs from the Vampire Killer, similar to Christopher and Juste (with the bullet tip equiped) and she could climb ropes, but maybe that part will be better left out of the remake, cause that movement had horrible mecanics, well is just an idea, if there is more fans of Legends and/or Sonia, post your comments, a good start may be to have Sonia as a Special Guest character in the next playable demo of Super Castlevania 3 :-)

EvilMariobot
Veteran Member

February 14th, 2011, 2:52 am #17

I think a Legends remake might work best as a Metroidvania since, as you mentioned, she used magic; and magic was more widely used by protagonists of the Metroidvanias. As for adding her into SCV3, I don't see Obreck being too eager to code even more characters into the game. However, She might fit as a free skin of Trevor, along with Yoko Belnades for Sypha, SotN Alucard for CV3 Alucard, and... okay, I got nothing for Grant.
Last edited by EvilMariobot on February 14th, 2011, 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Clan D
Greenhorn

February 14th, 2011, 3:56 am #18

Well making a Metrovania will be a lot more of work, and I didn't mean adding her permanently to SCV3, just add her in the demo so players will have a feeling of how a Legends remake will be, also the putting her together may be easier now due to the similar skills of the already programed characters, has I recall she got only a few spells.
So here how it could be done, first use some sprites to make a Sonia skin for Trevor, let all the whip moves the same, as for her magic attacks:
-For the whip fireballs use the weak infinite throwing knives of Grant.
-The first soul spell she gets is a time stop, so use the stop watch program just add a diferent icon in the item window.
-The second one is a life recovery spell, again just use the program for the laurels or the meat but apply it as a subweapon.
-Third one damages all enemies in the screen, use the program of the holy rain item crush of Sypha just change the graphical effect.
-The fourth one is a small shockwave that is throw forward in straight line, use the program of Trevor's triple knives, just change the knives's image.
-The fifth is a instant death spell that kills all enemies in the screen, use the program from the "Rosario" Item just apply it as a subweapon.
-Finally she had a spell that makes her invisible for a certain amount of time, I guess the same code for the "Medicine Jar" item will work, but I don't recall if there is already medicine jars programed in SCV3, I think I picked one while playng the demo but I'm not sure.
Of course it will still be quite some work, but far better than start from scratch. :P

Clan D
Greenhorn

February 14th, 2011, 5:13 pm #19

Inspired by the Legends remake idea I made a small gift of Sonia Belmont walking I think it turned out nice so I decide to show it to you guys, I made i with MSPaint combining Maria's sprites from SotN and Simon's armos from SCV4, I'm kind of a noob, so please don't judge it too hard D8

Last edited by Clan D on February 14th, 2011, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laslunder

February 14th, 2011, 8:45 pm #20

Yeah looks pretty good dude. I use the gimp instead of ms paint. I think it has way more options. It's easy to edit stuff in the gimp i find.