THE END OF THE KIKUYU MAN

THE END OF THE KIKUYU MAN

Njenga
Njenga

February 16th, 2012, 6:49 am #1

I am a worried man. It looks like the end is near for the so called Kikuyu Man. I had a critical look about it and this is what i have found.

1. Pombe
That we are the worst enemies towards ourselves... In this regard we have taken to binge drinking and Nyama choma. And we drink anything.. Tell me why central province now ranks the highest in lifestyle diseases mostly among men. Can you count how men old wazee there are in your village. Majority are dead but their wives are still living...... Blame our lifestyles. Its largely in Central provice where we die of liqour.... kill me quick and what have you. We, kikuyu men make very deal under the influence of alcohol... even marriage has to be negotiated when drunk... no wonder we end up marrying the wrong kind of women. Our talk when we are together is about the next bottle. Our incesant love for alcohol has made us inherently weak. That why we have become the punching bags.

2. We are undergoing cultural genocide...
Our society has put a strong fight towards educating the girl child. Nobody cares about the boy child. The once top boy lurks on the streets of the shopping centres waiting for the next drinking den to open to drown away his sorrows. Majority of the school drop-outs are boys. Waiting for inheritance from their poor parents. They end up inheriting their poverty. 4 boys all eyeing a 100x100 piece of earth. The girls? Drive on any street in Nairobi today and its the women who drive the big cars.
Women carry forth the culture in any community and pass it to their children. Our women prefer foreigners to us. That is the beginning of the end of our culture as we know. By sheer estimates there are more kikuyu women married to foreigners than any other tribe in Africa. Our Culture sold at the alter of the pound.

3. Our women have taken command
A good estimate shows that most women now prefer being single mothers. The institution of marriage has broken down in a big way. The men cannot perform. Cannot bring up children in a responsible way. Are being beaten up by their wives..... (all manner of accusations most of them true). Micii yuraga anake maigirira ngo makumbi iguru.....

4. Mungiki
Apart from our young men killing their fellow young men.... the government went ahead and killed the young men notwithstanding that some were not actually mungiki... Kikuyu men did not raise a finger... how do you not defend your community against genocide. This was genocide perpetrated by the government against kikuyu men..... systematic killings and disappearances.

5. Government
If my observation serves me right, no other tribe wants to see a Kikuyu appointed to any position of power. They all gang up against them and go to court to stop the appointments despite meritocracy.... Its their turn to eat. Its ok though, coz even the select few that are appointed only mind themselves and become corrupt to the hilt, become arrogant.

When PEV occured, these people stood back and watched their women and daughters killed, raped, maimed. Only then did it really occur to them that their hard earned money and investments did not matter.... most were razed to the ground.... their families did. Only then did they say they belonged to some community they were previously alien to.

Something tells me something is not right. We need some Chama to vent our grievances. We need to put our act together. We need to get united and say no to these bad habits, cultures, practices, policies and politics. Lets be one people that speaks with one voice, shun divisive politics and rehabilitate our men. Lets say no to those killing us by starting with the next beer bottle you are about to order.

Can we stand up like the Israelis and put our act together?

February 16th, 2012, 12:14 pm #2

kikuyu men started it by abusing their wives and refusing to be responsible of their children...the women went on to look for greener pastures..my father is an example..i am 42 years and he left my mother with 7 children and went to marry another younger wife...my mum had to struggle...i really dont care or give a damm about them ( kikuyu men ) deal with your past and its results..you deserve everything...

maggy
maggy

February 16th, 2012, 12:30 pm #3

I am a worried man. It looks like the end is near for the so called Kikuyu Man. I had a critical look about it and this is what i have found.

1. Pombe
That we are the worst enemies towards ourselves... In this regard we have taken to binge drinking and Nyama choma. And we drink anything.. Tell me why central province now ranks the highest in lifestyle diseases mostly among men. Can you count how men old wazee there are in your village. Majority are dead but their wives are still living...... Blame our lifestyles. Its largely in Central provice where we die of liqour.... kill me quick and what have you. We, kikuyu men make very deal under the influence of alcohol... even marriage has to be negotiated when drunk... no wonder we end up marrying the wrong kind of women. Our talk when we are together is about the next bottle. Our incesant love for alcohol has made us inherently weak. That why we have become the punching bags.

Our society has put a strong fight towards educating the girl child. Nobody cares about the boy child. The once top boy lurks on the streets of the shopping centres waiting for the next drinking den to open to drown away his sorrows. Majority of the school drop-outs are boys. Waiting for inheritance from their poor parents. They end up inheriting their poverty. 4 boys all eyeing a 100x100 piece of earth. The girls? Drive on any street in Nairobi today and its the women who drive the big cars.
Women carry forth the culture in any community and pass it to their children. Our women prefer foreigners to us. That is the beginning of the end of our culture as we know. By sheer estimates there are more kikuyu women married to foreigners than any other tribe in Africa. Our Culture sold at the alter of the pound.

A good estimate shows that most women now prefer being single mothers. The institution of marriage has broken down in a big way. The men cannot perform. Cannot bring up children in a responsible way. Are being beaten up by their wives..... (all manner of accusations most of them true). Micii yuraga anake maigirira ngo makumbi iguru.....

4. Mungiki
Apart from our young men killing their fellow young men.... the government went ahead and killed the young men notwithstanding that some were not actually mungiki... Kikuyu men did not raise a finger... how do you not defend your community against genocide. This was genocide perpetrated by the government against kikuyu men..... systematic killings and disappearances.

5. Government
If my observation serves me right, no other tribe wants to see a Kikuyu appointed to any position of power. They all gang up against them and go to court to stop the appointments despite meritocracy.... Its their turn to eat. Its ok though, coz even the select few that are appointed only mind themselves and become corrupt to the hilt, become arrogant.

When PEV occured, these people stood back and watched their women and daughters killed, raped, maimed. Only then did it really occur to them that their hard earned money and investments did not matter.... most were razed to the ground.... their families did. Only then did they say they belonged to some community they were previously alien to.

Something tells me something is not right. We need some Chama to vent our grievances. We need to put our act together. We need to get united and say no to these bad habits, cultures, practices, policies and politics. Lets be one people that speaks with one voice, shun divisive politics and rehabilitate our men. Lets say no to those killing us by starting with the next beer bottle you are about to order.

I think only those who are blind or those who are brain washed will oppose what you just said nothing but the naked truth. kikuyu men got married to alcohol. they eat, sleep, marry and even worship alcohol. Wake up and take full responsibility and become men!!!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

February 16th, 2012, 12:53 pm #4

1. Pombe

4. Mungiki

5. Government

You've spoken. Keep it up!.

Muthoni wa ndirangu
Muthoni wa ndirangu

February 16th, 2012, 1:27 pm #5

1. Pombe

4. Mungiki

5. Government

Well done mate, very good investigated. I'm a kikuyu woman who now can't stand our men, Drinking is their daily talk, they think is too fashionable to drink.

Mûûndu mûkuû
Mûûndu mûkuû

February 16th, 2012, 3:35 pm #6

1. Pombe

4. Mungiki

5. Government

Ati 'Can we stand up like the Israelis and put our act together?'
that last sentence gives u all credit Mzee!

i'd rather Go for the Pharaohs!

Or the Iraninans!

Or for those who hate the silly Book

why not mention, refer to the Janapanes!!!!?

We all seem to forget the Japanese!
So sad!

pp
pp

February 16th, 2012, 3:54 pm #7

1. Pombe

4. Mungiki

5. Government

who will miss them?

kenyan
kenyan

February 16th, 2012, 5:05 pm #8

Ati 'Can we stand up like the Israelis and put our act together?'
that last sentence gives u all credit Mzee!

i'd rather Go for the Pharaohs!

Or the Iraninans!

Or for those who hate the silly Book

why not mention, refer to the Janapanes!!!!?

We all seem to forget the Japanese!
So sad!

who fought for indpedence,
is kamba man doing better than kikuyu or other tribes.
Shame on you.
we run the country

Jak
Jak

February 16th, 2012, 5:25 pm #9

1. Pombe

4. Mungiki

5. Government

Its not all that doom and gloom buddy....

You could have at least tried to balance your piece to make credible..
Too much negativity bundled about...

Ann
Ann

February 16th, 2012, 6:57 pm #10

1. Pombe

4. Mungiki

5. Government

@Njenga thank you soo much