Saba Saba

Saba Saba

Malimoto
Malimoto

July 9th, 2012, 6:37 am #1

Did any one remember this day? I know most of the forumists here were toddlers or not yet born. This was the day (7-7-1990) when everyone even Moi was surprised that someone stood up and said 'enough is enough'. Even those who lead what was christened 'the second liberation' surprised themselves that they could tell Moi 'NO'I watched with awe

Orengo, Shikuku, Matiba, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga, Masinde Muliro,Rubia, Muite under the command of Smith Hempstone led to all this. It was scary but a revolution that was necessary, otherwise we could still be having Moi, president till death as decalred by the likes of Kamotho, Barngetuny and Mulu Mutisya. Surprisingly Kibaki was one of the group that never wanted to speak against Moi.

Brian Evanson Mc'Okello
Brian Evanson Mc'Okello

July 9th, 2012, 9:01 am #2

Wacha kuturundisha nyuma na ancient history we are forward looking people

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

July 9th, 2012, 9:07 am #3

Did any one remember this day? I know most of the forumists here were toddlers or not yet born. This was the day (7-7-1990) when everyone even Moi was surprised that someone stood up and said 'enough is enough'. Even those who lead what was christened 'the second liberation' surprised themselves that they could tell Moi 'NO'I watched with awe

Orengo, Shikuku, Matiba, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga, Masinde Muliro,Rubia, Muite under the command of Smith Hempstone led to all this. It was scary but a revolution that was necessary, otherwise we could still be having Moi, president till death as decalred by the likes of Kamotho, Barngetuny and Mulu Mutisya. Surprisingly Kibaki was one of the group that never wanted to speak against Moi.
Ha ha ha ha......some of us still remember it. It was not that Kibaki did not want to speak against Moi, if I remember right. he was against insulting Moi. Last week I had read that Raila was to go to, I think, Nakuru last Saturday for Sabs Saba.

lizzy
lizzy

July 9th, 2012, 11:26 pm #4

Oh I remember it just like it was yesterday! Remember the riots that followed thereafter? This was the beginning of 'multi party' era. This must have been the turning point of Kenyan politics but the sad thing those whose voices were heard then are hardly heard of today. What went wrong?

July 10th, 2012, 11:45 am #5

Would it have felt any better if Kibaki spoke against Moi? how would porojo have helped Mr Kibaki to become a better President?

You do state Hempstone led the saba saba group. would it have given us more confidence in Mr Kibaki if we knew that he was being remote-controlled by some foreigner to shape Kenyan politics in a certain way?

Remote-controlled leaders are increasingly unwanted (with special reference to certain presidential candidates who want lawyers, doctors, nannies and other foreigners to come and tell Kenyans what to do.

tabsi
tabsi

July 10th, 2012, 3:59 pm #6

That is true, we should always think before voting.kuna wale wameteseka ili tupate multiparty. Be blessed.