Zeltbahns

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Zeltbahns

May 2nd, 2012, 1:14 pm #1

I'm looking for some Zelbahns in 1/35 to use with my 3in AT Gun. I see Dio Art makes some printed on paper, but I'm thinking that might be too stiff for what I'm trying to use it for. Any other suggestions out there?

Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

May 2nd, 2012, 1:40 pm #2

Scott,
Hudson and Allan also did some in paper. If you soak them they can be draped and shaped pretty well. Hope this helps. Brock

May 2nd, 2012, 7:10 pm #3

I used it to make a zeltbahn for the back of my Sdkfz 7 and it turned out OK.

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/

May 2nd, 2012, 7:58 pm #4

I'm looking for some Zelbahns in 1/35 to use with my 3in AT Gun. I see Dio Art makes some printed on paper, but I'm thinking that might be too stiff for what I'm trying to use it for. Any other suggestions out there?

If you want next time I see you can borrow my zelt for painting

May 2nd, 2012, 8:57 pm #5

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... ent&id=457

This is a review of my friend's production. His email is currently changed (due to change of country), but if you like those, drop me an e-mail so I'll ask for contact. If, however, this practice is not welcomed on ML (to advertize friends products), i apologize and please delete this post.
Best regards,
Marko

May 2nd, 2012, 9:10 pm #6

If you want next time I see you can borrow my zelt for painting
They just had a sheet of paper printed in an approximation of the camo pattern. It does not depict the stitching, hemming, and actual construction of the real item. It was also one sided if you happened to need to see the reverse.
DAVID NICKELS

May 3rd, 2012, 12:59 am #7

http://www.tasca-modellismo.com/english/item3.html

May 3rd, 2012, 1:16 am #8

can be used on lead/aluminum foil or Magic Sculpt and formed as you like. Here are some examples of the decals:

WH Splinter Pattern Ver. B

SS Plane Tree Pattern

http://www.tasca-modellismo.com/english/item3.html

May 3rd, 2012, 7:14 am #9

I need a zelt or two for a project. I just ordered a sheet from HLJ. I am going to try it on some thin lead foil. Hopefully it won't crack.

May 3rd, 2012, 8:30 am #10

They just had a sheet of paper printed in an approximation of the camo pattern. It does not depict the stitching, hemming, and actual construction of the real item. It was also one sided if you happened to need to see the reverse.
Hi David,

I strongly disagree; the Tamiya paper splinter pattern ref: 66557 has the splinter pattern printed on both sides and the stitching,hemming,eyelets etc. printed in black on on one side. It also has an instruction sheet showing how they were worn and used to make larger structures.

Regards
Mike

Please remove xxx from my email address.