Zaloga's "Armored Attack" out soon...

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

Zaloga's "Armored Attack" out soon...

September 21st, 2011, 5:26 pm #1

"Armored Attack 1944: U. S. Army Tank Combat in the European Theater from D-Day to the Battle of Bulge" by Steve Zaloga is listed as "available" by Amazon.com in the US. According to them it was/is out this week. I ordered a copy and in their usual fashion they left themselves a two-week delivery window, but they usually beat that. I'm looking forward to this - should be another good one!

Gary B.

September 21st, 2011, 6:08 pm #2

Nice! I also spotted this book on another site, and I also found some announced 2012 Osprey titles by Steve:

- M4 Sherman vs Type 97 Chi-Ha (May 2012)
- US Marine Corps Tanks of WWII (January 2012)
- Omar Bradley (May 2012)

Marwin
Last edited by MarwinAlbertema on September 21st, 2011, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 21st, 2011, 9:09 pm #3

"Armored Attack 1944: U. S. Army Tank Combat in the European Theater from D-Day to the Battle of Bulge" by Steve Zaloga is listed as "available" by Amazon.com in the US. According to them it was/is out this week. I ordered a copy and in their usual fashion they left themselves a two-week delivery window, but they usually beat that. I'm looking forward to this - should be another good one!

Gary B.
.......ive only got one of his books
Modern Soviet Armour from 1979
its a great book and realy well set out
with great drawings and photos
id like to get a few more
regards Andrew

September 21st, 2011, 10:54 pm #4

I pre-ordered my copy of the current release and will be pushing that to the front of my to be read list.

September 21st, 2011, 11:10 pm #5

Nice! I also spotted this book on another site, and I also found some announced 2012 Osprey titles by Steve:

- M4 Sherman vs Type 97 Chi-Ha (May 2012)
- US Marine Corps Tanks of WWII (January 2012)
- Omar Bradley (May 2012)

Marwin

September 22nd, 2011, 12:44 am #6

Steve is usually pretty good about re-hashing, plus there is newer research that helped clarify some previous areas.

September 22nd, 2011, 3:45 am #7

.......ive only got one of his books
Modern Soviet Armour from 1979
its a great book and realy well set out
with great drawings and photos
id like to get a few more
regards Andrew
You'll get a whole bunch of listings.

"...any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy." John F. Kennedy, 1963

September 22nd, 2011, 4:43 am #8

Steve is usually pretty good about re-hashing, plus there is newer research that helped clarify some previous areas.
it is just that lately new publishing companies put out older books, sometimes with different titles almost as if the books had just been written. One can never now if the author is even able to anything about it, I mean, I have heard authors make statements in the past that they did not have any control over certain re-released stuff, truth is I have no idea how those things work.

Glad to hear that is not the case here as I am hoping for something bigger than those tanks illustrated titles.

September 22nd, 2011, 4:47 am #9

You'll get a whole bunch of listings.

"...any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worth while, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: "I served in the United States Navy." John F. Kennedy, 1963
trust me I would own it if they had.

September 22nd, 2011, 8:30 am #10

Marwin