Yup, another Sherman.....

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Yup, another Sherman.....

November 6th, 2009, 6:46 pm #1

Hi All;

This is a model I am working on for the Commonwealth GB, it's a Tamiya IC Firefly. The model is basically stock, but I did add an Armorscale gun, RB co-ax .30 cal., Hauler etch, all the usual suspects.

I did, however, want to try a small experiment; I wanted to try and fabricate hessian cam netting from scratch. I am not sure how successful I've been, but under the first coats of paint, I am liking the look.

Any feedback is greatly welcomed, and thanks in advance for looking....

Cheers Lads, Pat

November 6th, 2009, 7:59 pm #2

Geez Pat, another Sherman ? BUT, once again: "Nuttin' better than the PJ treatment !"

Outstanding work, just brilliant !

Cheers mate !
Sven

November 6th, 2009, 8:56 pm #3

Hi All;

This is a model I am working on for the Commonwealth GB, it's a Tamiya IC Firefly. The model is basically stock, but I did add an Armorscale gun, RB co-ax .30 cal., Hauler etch, all the usual suspects.

I did, however, want to try a small experiment; I wanted to try and fabricate hessian cam netting from scratch. I am not sure how successful I've been, but under the first coats of paint, I am liking the look.

Cheers Lads, Pat
great work again mate... well done!..
i think so, your shermans best in the world.

official fan club PJ - istanbul
murat
Last edited by muratozgul on November 6th, 2009, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 6th, 2009, 9:46 pm #4

Hi All;

Cheers Lads, Pat
I love the way that camo looks like!!
Congrats!

November 6th, 2009, 11:25 pm #5

Hi All;

Cheers Lads, Pat
Thanks for the bolt of inspiration Pat. Bravo on the nets, they certainly look the part and are in scale. What did you use for the netting itself? The foil strips were a great idea.

Best,

Mike

November 7th, 2009, 1:36 am #6

Hi All;

Cheers Lads, Pat
I hate you..... you know that! (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) outstanding Pat!

Luke Pitt

November 7th, 2009, 8:50 am #7

Hi All;

Cheers Lads, Pat
Hola Pat,

I like a lot the model, I think the hessian cam netting, is very well done, Can you explain the way to do?

Congratulations, I like to see it painted.

Best Regards,

Joaquin

JQN~

http://www.panzermodelling.com
http://panzermodelling-ausfd.blogspot.com/

November 7th, 2009, 11:10 am #8

Hi All;

Cheers Lads, Pat
hey pat

another great model of your factory, I am anxious to see it painted.

greetings Xavier

November 7th, 2009, 4:31 pm #9

Hi All;

Cheers Lads, Pat
Woooww. ..!! I always feel impressed with your assembling skills, Pat ... now another of your stunning painting works!!!!!!!

November 7th, 2009, 6:00 pm #10

Hi All;

Cheers Lads, Pat
Oh my goodness, Pat.

She's lovely. The netting is spot on!

http://migproductions-usa.com/

http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/