YPR markings & info

[url=http://twenot-forums.nl[/url]
De ML/Twenot Nederlandstalige discussiegroep is bedoeld voor al Uw vragen betreffende het bouwen van militaire modellen, diorama's en figuren. (Archive)

YPR markings & info

November 23rd, 2003, 4:49 pm #1

Hi. I am currently making the AFV Club YPR-765 PRI Netherlands version, and intend to finish the kit at the time around 1991 as I can use the new tracks, but still basically build it out of the box. I need help with the markings. Which of the kit markings would be appropriate? I have also noticed on some Netherlands armour that instead of the white "NL" there is white "GE". Can somebody tell me what this stands for, and would this be appropriate for this particular model. I would also like to thank SCALE-LINE with helping me with the purchase of this kit. Thank you, Geoff Ruzgar.

Roel van Essen
Roel van Essen

November 23rd, 2003, 7:35 pm #2

Dear Geoff.
The black banners with the marks NL of GE were used when units drove on public roads. With pastel the crews wrote the date in it and the number of the column.
For example: 24 NL 29A: The date is 24, the vehicle is stationed in Holland, and the number of the column is 29A.
So the first numbers cannot be higher than 31, and the last 3 digits are random.
If the unit was stationed in Germany (only 42 Armoured Infantry Battalion) the letters were not NL but GE.
This battalion is placed in Seedorf, Germany, and is the only Dutch Infantry Ballation in Germany.
All the other battalions have the letters NL in the black banner.
If the driving on public roads was over, and the unit was on manouvre-grounds, the other marks, exept the GE or NL, were wiped away.
I hope this will help you.

Greetings,
Roel

arne poirot
arne poirot

November 24th, 2003, 12:13 am #3

Ik vermoed dat je het hier alleen uitlegt voor de YPR-PRI's
maar ff deze toevoeging van mij omdat het anders wellicht niet van zelf duidelijk is voor onze modelbouwvrienden

Roel van Essen
Roel van Essen

November 24th, 2003, 6:54 pm #4

Our friend Arne remarked in the posting above that the GE-mark is correct for all the vehicles of the Dutch 41 Armoured Infantry Brigade.
That means: YPR's, tanks, engineer-stuff, lorries, the whole bunch of material of a brigade.

Of course he is right..
I hate to say this, because he was a member of the Engineers, and I used to be a Infantryman.
Arne: You're right. I'm awfully sorry...

(I hate to have such friends...)
Roel

November 25th, 2003, 8:44 am #5

Thank you and to all Dutch modellers, the YPR-765 is one of many modern Dutch AFV I intend to make. THANKS Geoff

Roel van Essen
Roel van Essen

November 25th, 2003, 2:50 pm #6

don't forget to visit the NEW forum of the Twenot:
http://www.woonhelp.nl/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1
The succesor of this one in a more modern coat.
I think a lot of pictures of the YPR-765 will posted there.

Roel

November 30th, 2003, 8:26 pm #7

Hi. I am currently making the AFV Club YPR-765 PRI Netherlands version, and intend to finish the kit at the time around 1991 as I can use the new tracks, but still basically build it out of the box. I need help with the markings. Which of the kit markings would be appropriate? I have also noticed on some Netherlands armour that instead of the white "NL" there is white "GE". Can somebody tell me what this stands for, and would this be appropriate for this particular model. I would also like to thank SCALE-LINE with helping me with the purchase of this kit. Thank you, Geoff Ruzgar.
Hi,
about 14 Day's ago I was on Exercise with the recce of 43th(NL)Mech. Brig. Here is some Pic's of the current Version of the YPR:

Hope you enjoy it.

Greets,

Peter