Yamato - the Golden Surfer

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Yamato - the Golden Surfer

September 23rd, 2011, 2:10 pm #1

Hi friends,
This diorama shows the battleship Yamato's last moments. Everything is scratchbuilt except the Hornet head (got lazy on that one).

Sunday 2nd of October it's Scale Model Challenge in Eindhoven, I am going to make a full presentation and "how to" concerning water making, and i'll show a step by step making of that special diorama.
I will also bring some resin chunk leftovers to try again some of the tricks I used, as well as all my paraphernalia (except resin so that I won't poison anybody)
I hope to meet some of you there!

www.jbadiorama.com

September 23rd, 2011, 2:17 pm #2

Still dreaming to build a tauchpanzer and place it in a 'natural' setting, I am delighted that you will be giving a demonstration at the SMC next weekend. One more good reason to attend the show...

Beautiful!

Eric

September 23rd, 2011, 3:29 pm #3

Hi friends,
This diorama shows the battleship Yamato's last moments. Everything is scratchbuilt except the Hornet head (got lazy on that one).

Sunday 2nd of October it's Scale Model Challenge in Eindhoven, I am going to make a full presentation and "how to" concerning water making, and i'll show a step by step making of that special diorama.
I will also bring some resin chunk leftovers to try again some of the tricks I used, as well as all my paraphernalia (except resin so that I won't poison anybody)

www.jbadiorama.com
Evocative like all your creations!

Bravo, it's always a pleasure to see your works.

Dino

September 23rd, 2011, 5:14 pm #4

Hi friends,

www.jbadiorama.com

September 23rd, 2011, 5:55 pm #5

Hi friends,

www.jbadiorama.com
This is amazing! I love it!

Will you ever visit me in Greece and teach me how you do it or should I come to France?

Congratulations my friend!

Cheers,

Dimitris

September 23rd, 2011, 6:52 pm #6

Hi friends,

www.jbadiorama.com
Next of your amazing dio´s .I am looking forward t see your presentation .

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/

September 23rd, 2011, 10:04 pm #7

Hi friends,

www.jbadiorama.com
This is great, Jean Bernard !! Surfing a doomed battleship to Davy Jones' Locker. Arrgh! The way you depict water in your scenes is absolutely mesmerizing and always gives the story its' soul. Will you make a You Tube Vid of your water making demo? Do you want to give up the secrets?
Pretty soon,people might start refering to you as 'The Water Bender'
I like the figure as he is concentrating on one last exhibit of human skill before his fate overtakes him.............
Thanks for sharing!
Rick

At least the war on the environment is going well....
-bumper sticker

September 24th, 2011, 1:45 am #8

Hi friends,

www.jbadiorama.com
Another piece to take in and savor. I love your dioramas for the "last moment" feel to them. I didn't realize this until this piece. It's nice to see a body of work from someone. Plus the works are very well executed and the water in this one looks like it was taken out of a Japanese print. Bravo.

Jim Guld
Cheers
Jim Guld

September 24th, 2011, 6:43 am #9

Hi friends,

www.jbadiorama.com
Great as always Jean. Both dynamic and original. Wonderful work.
ANPW

September 24th, 2011, 7:01 am #10

Hi friends,

www.jbadiorama.com
I love all the detail in this vignette, minimalist and yet gives so much to think about!

You are a great artist each piece has so much philisophy in it! Looking forward for your next piece!

PROSIT!

Ivan

http://icdesign.webs.com/