WTB Model Kasten track set MK SK-050 (OOP)

Hosted by Yasu Mori, the Japanese Modelling discussion group covers questions to Japanese modellers, discussion of Japanese-themed modelling and the opportunity for Japanese modellers to discuss any aspects of AFV modelling in Japanese.

WTB Model Kasten track set MK SK-050 (OOP)

February 7th, 2012, 5:23 pm #1

Hi guys,
I posted this in the "private sellers" forum too. I am trying to find the Model Kasten track set for the Type 95 light tank, MK SK - 050. If anyone has a set they are willing to part with I would be interested.
TIA,
Mark
Mark Ford

February 9th, 2012, 1:19 pm #2

RZM Imports? I got a set from them about 2 years ago

Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.
Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

February 9th, 2012, 6:21 pm #3

Scott,
I've tried RZM and about half a dozen other vendors around the world. Unless MK re-issue the set, my only hope is to find some one willing to part with one from their stash. Of course, the price must be "reasonable".
Thanx,
Mark
Mark Ford

February 9th, 2012, 9:14 pm #4

Hi guys,
I posted this in the "private sellers" forum too. I am trying to find the Model Kasten track set for the Type 95 light tank, MK SK - 050. If anyone has a set they are willing to part with I would be interested.
TIA,
Mark
Were the individual link tracks issued with some of the Fine Molds Type 95s Model Kasten or just a Fine Molds version...?

Thanks,
David

February 10th, 2012, 2:41 am #5

The original release(s) in the early 90s of the Type 95s included non-workable link tracks. These tracks were subsequently released separately for a limited time about 5-7 years ago when Fine Molds started releasing their Type 95s again with one piece vinyl tracks.

Fine Molds have released some of their Type 97 kits and variants over the last few years with Model Kasten tracks as limited editions, but I don't think they did that with any of the Type 95 kits.

The older Type 95 kits do crop up once in a while on Ebay and elsewhere - I've gotten a few. However, I've never seen the track set since I bought it when it was released.

Jon

February 10th, 2012, 1:42 pm #6

Thank You, Jon (N/T)

February 10th, 2012, 3:50 pm #7

The original release(s) in the early 90s of the Type 95s included non-workable link tracks. These tracks were subsequently released separately for a limited time about 5-7 years ago when Fine Molds started releasing their Type 95s again with one piece vinyl tracks.

Fine Molds have released some of their Type 97 kits and variants over the last few years with Model Kasten tracks as limited editions, but I don't think they did that with any of the Type 95 kits.

The older Type 95 kits do crop up once in a while on Ebay and elsewhere - I've gotten a few. However, I've never seen the track set since I bought it when it was released.

Jon
are very thick and tough to put together. I gave them away as I couldn't work with them.

Roy

February 10th, 2012, 3:51 pm #8

Hi guys,
TIA,
Mark
they look pretty da_n nice. I've seen other Spade Ace sets and they were nice. Give them a try.

http://www.importhobby.com/sku338511_sp ... etal_track

Roy
Last edited by schlichtr on February 10th, 2012, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 10th, 2012, 6:17 pm #9

Thanks Roy. Did not know of this company. I will give these a try!

See ya at the Seattle show in April,
Mark
Mark Ford

February 10th, 2012, 7:09 pm #10

they look pretty da_n nice. I've seen other Spade Ace sets and they were nice. Give them a try.

http://www.importhobby.com/sku338511_sp ... etal_track

Roy
They look like a great source for these tracksets.

Cheers, Tracy