World of Tanks...any interest in creating Clan?

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

World of Tanks...any interest in creating Clan?

February 6th, 2012, 6:52 pm #1

I was part of one, but never really participated with them, due to them playing so late in the evenings. I normally play around 7-10PM EST on the week days and when ever I feel like it on the weekends.

Peter Griffin: Any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

February 6th, 2012, 8:12 pm #2

never thought of listing it here but if anyone is interested let me know.

mld

February 7th, 2012, 1:30 am #3

I was part of one, but never really participated with them, due to them playing so late in the evenings. I normally play around 7-10PM EST on the week days and when ever I feel like it on the weekends.

Understanding in theory how to employ armor and using it in that game are two very different things.

I generally end up looking all over the place, getting the tissue paper suspension shot out from under me, and killed by a tank 3-4 tiers higher than me before I get more than a shot or two off.

February 7th, 2012, 11:04 am #4

I play WoT just for laughs, there is no way you can take it seriously (although some do on there) and I usually get blown to bits too. The problem with the game is that most players don't understand tactics or how to use different vehicles effectively and at the start of a game just all charge forward. It makes me laugh when you are accused of 'camping' when hiding in the bushes with your tank destroyer....erm...that's what they're supposed to do

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andyksmodelblog.blogspot.com/

February 7th, 2012, 9:16 pm #5

and not really understand how to use them.

It could be a great game, but not until they make serious changes to the game, namely

1) Allow players to choose game boards - some of them are just terrible for specific types of tanks - Artillery in Himmelsdorf for example...
2) Make closer groupings of tiers. It does no good for me in a Tier 5 Priest or T-50 scout to be in a game with Tier 9 or 10 tanks. Just means I get to play for about 90 seconds before I am looking for a new game. Navyfield, another online sim game, has a better approach here - you can play different types of games and choose teams, etc...
3) The "invisible tanks issue." Tanks randomly appear and disappear. You can be sitting there and all of the sudden you are dead, there is a tank 10 yards away. Cmon...

I wish they would also try to keep WW II tanks only, not post war models.

Scott Gentry

February 8th, 2012, 3:39 am #6

World of Aircraft....same idea, but with WWII aircraft.

And farther down the road, World of Battleships

February 8th, 2012, 4:20 am #7

that is worth its salt, ARMAII. I have two servers running and they are both full just about every night.
On the other hand, for the WW2 fans, Tiger Vs T-34 was a good game, apart from the bugs. The best part was hitting T-34/85 between the 2nd and 3rd road wheel at a range of 800m and taking the turret off.
Steel Fury was another one from Eastern Europe and that was not to bad. But again very buggy.

Cheers Jason

Arms Corps Models

mld

February 8th, 2012, 1:03 pm #8

and not really understand how to use them.

It could be a great game, but not until they make serious changes to the game, namely

1) Allow players to choose game boards - some of them are just terrible for specific types of tanks - Artillery in Himmelsdorf for example...
2) Make closer groupings of tiers. It does no good for me in a Tier 5 Priest or T-50 scout to be in a game with Tier 9 or 10 tanks. Just means I get to play for about 90 seconds before I am looking for a new game. Navyfield, another online sim game, has a better approach here - you can play different types of games and choose teams, etc...
3) The "invisible tanks issue." Tanks randomly appear and disappear. You can be sitting there and all of the sudden you are dead, there is a tank 10 yards away. Cmon...

I wish they would also try to keep WW II tanks only, not post war models.

Scott Gentry
At some point in the game, like 100K credits in, you can buy a cammo net.
Then with a 100% trained (read as: bought and paid for with real world money)you get cammo 'experience' together, strobing invisible tanks

I don't mind the 'randomness' of the battle maps as much, but the unbalanced tiers thing is a royal pain. Playing the 35 and 38t tanks vs tier 3-4 higher is a VERY frustrating experience.
MUCH narrower tier bands per battle would solve this.
I did have a great deal of fun with it those couple of days when EVERYONE had tier 1 French tractors.

Seperate server for credit card commandoes too.
You want to $$$ your way into a LOWE, great.. play with a bunch of other guys just like you over in the corner then.

Let's not go into the Type59 wolfpacks.. my blood pressure can't take that this morning.

February 8th, 2012, 3:02 pm #9

I hate those things! The Tetrarchs in the tier 2 battles had the same effect for a while - my poor Panzer II had a rough time for a bit.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Taylor
Thachweave Products
http://thachweave.tripod.com

February 8th, 2012, 4:24 pm #10

At some point in the game, like 100K credits in, you can buy a cammo net.
Then with a 100% trained (read as: bought and paid for with real world money)you get cammo 'experience' together, strobing invisible tanks

I don't mind the 'randomness' of the battle maps as much, but the unbalanced tiers thing is a royal pain. Playing the 35 and 38t tanks vs tier 3-4 higher is a VERY frustrating experience.
MUCH narrower tier bands per battle would solve this.
I did have a great deal of fun with it those couple of days when EVERYONE had tier 1 French tractors.

Seperate server for credit card commandoes too.
You want to $$$ your way into a LOWE, great.. play with a bunch of other guys just like you over in the corner then.

Let's not go into the Type59 wolfpacks.. my blood pressure can't take that this morning.
That is FUNNY Mike

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andyksmodelblog.blogspot.com/