WIP M4A3(75)W field modified

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

WIP M4A3(75)W field modified

January 26th, 2012, 4:32 pm #1

Hi there!
My latest WIP is a Sherman od 25th Tank Btl od 14th Arm.Div. from February 1945.

It's based on Trumpeter hull and Dragon turret and bits from UM and scratched holders for sand bags and some small parts.

Fell free to comment

Cheers
Jakub

January 26th, 2012, 7:55 pm #2

detailing. Excellent work in front with all these sand bags.

Regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/
My Town
http://www.youtube.com/embed/_XwJUG_La6w

January 26th, 2012, 8:40 pm #3

Hi there!
My latest WIP is a Sherman od 25th Tank Btl od 14th Arm.Div. from February 1945.

It's based on Trumpeter hull and Dragon turret and bits from UM and scratched holders for sand bags and some small parts.

Fell free to comment

Cheers
Jakub
Turret finished.

I've added bolts to the commanders hatch cuted from evergreen profile, aerials made of profile, paper and some wire, lift rings made of wire, loaders hatch springs, MG mount (the MG itself will have waterproof canvas so ESCI is good for that) and casting texture using Ginze Mr. Surfacer500.

Hope picks are better now.

Coin is about same size as 1euro cent

January 26th, 2012, 8:41 pm #4

detailing. Excellent work in front with all these sand bags.

Regards.

Pedro.

MECHANICAL DOG
http://neloan.blogspot.com/
My Town
http://www.youtube.com/embed/_XwJUG_La6w
Thanks Pedro.
Personaly I'm very unhappy with how the sandbags worked out, but it was my first time with Miliput. We'll see more after priming.

Cheers

January 26th, 2012, 9:54 pm #5

I recognize your M4: "Sherman in action" vol.16 pag.37.
Bellissimo! a very nice job!!

January 26th, 2012, 10:04 pm #6

Thanks for feedback

January 26th, 2012, 10:50 pm #7

Turret finished.

I've added bolts to the commanders hatch cuted from evergreen profile, aerials made of profile, paper and some wire, lift rings made of wire, loaders hatch springs, MG mount (the MG itself will have waterproof canvas so ESCI is good for that) and casting texture using Ginze Mr. Surfacer500.

This is some piece of work. Just look at the springs of the loaders hatch.. amazing.

Will you drill a hole on the gun tube?

Please keep us posted this is eye candy for modellers like me!!!!

Cunha

Replace .arroba. by the at symbol

January 26th, 2012, 11:03 pm #8

Hi Filipe,

About the gun tube, I wan't drill it out because it will have travel stopper, just like the onturret mg wich will have the mentioned canvas. Most of the details over turret will be coverd by sheets of material just like on the photo So this work is rather for fun not to show of And those springs ain't that nice if you'll take a closer look

I will keep on posting so look forward!

Thank U for feedback, it motivates me do work

Cheers

January 27th, 2012, 6:46 pm #9

Turret finished.

Hi Jakub, I built one of these too and the rubber band tracks came with the kit is nicely detailed but very tight and thin. So, when you slip them on, they will stretch and cave into the sprockets (like the picture on the box). You need to put some support on the sprockets. Looking great so far! Have you build an UM Sherman before?

January 27th, 2012, 10:14 pm #10

Hi Albert,
About the tracks, I will glue a strap of thin PVC on the iner side of the track in sprocket area, I think it will help a lot.

I've build M4 (still unpainted) but with Dragon suspension and turret. Now I have M4A2 on the bench, hope to post some pictures soon. About ten of UM ones are in my stock already, mostly for biiiig surgery projects.

Thanks for looking

Cheers