WIP Crusader Mk III

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

WIP Crusader Mk III

August 31st, 2010, 5:56 am #1

Hi all,
just into the fun bit of the build, painting. It's the Tamiya kit with a replacement JB barrel and the Black Dog stowage set. Love their stuff, wish they would do some more. Replaced some of the visable handles with wire too.
Anyway just thought I would post it for some feed back. Just doing the detail painting now, then the tracks, a clear coat in gloss, decals and then the grubby stuff. Weathering.
I am interested in the order you guys paint, any feed back welcome.

Cheers
From Jamie for cold Melbourne Australia, just for all our Spanish friends that are cooking in Spain. It will be our turn to heat up as soon as the sun leaves you.

Last edited by Captoz on August 31st, 2010, 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 2nd, 2010, 8:22 am #2

Jay,

The crusader looks very nice. I particularly like the very palid sand shade you used. Only suggestion is to fix that satin finish on some of the stowage items by a light coat of matt varnish if you can.

I will wollow melting here in Spain waiting for your next updates.
Lu

September 3rd, 2010, 12:45 am #3

Thanks Lu. The painting is still in progress, your right about the sheen on the stowage. It will all be gloss coated before an oil wash. Glad you like the sand colour.

Will post some more pics when it and the Panther are done.

Cheers
Jamie