willow type 93 for diorama

Hosted by Yasu Mori, the Japanese Modelling discussion group covers questions to Japanese modellers, discussion of Japanese-themed modelling and the opportunity for Japanese modellers to discuss any aspects of AFV modelling in Japanese.

willow type 93 for diorama

October 9th, 2009, 3:18 am #1

would it could it or had it been ever recorded of type 93 willows float planes used in 1943 to 1945 in the islands of the Pacific for which i am building large diorama (cased)for the people in my town's city,state and federal buildings for show or should i only use these trainers for in-land China areas? can anyone help i don't want to get history wrong for useing the wrong machines in the wrong theater thanks for any help on this matter also what color ORANGE was used (worn)faded and or painted silver or white OR Japanese green what would you do? Brock Beckstedt of Norfolk,Virginia 1/35 scale diorama builder and a student of hte arts

October 10th, 2009, 1:58 pm #2

Hi, Brock.

I am not an authority of IJN, so writing reliable information first.
At first, Type 93 intermediate trainer was painted silver and tail was painted red. Painting's having changed into the orange depends on the notice on December 29, 1938. Green camouflage was painted in 1944.

Then I'm able to say only uncertainty information, willows float planes was not in-land China areas.
As a result of searching, most of practice Air Squadron was in Japan at that time. There were also in Korea, the Kainan island, and the Philippines but it seem not to have been in mainland China. The number of seaplane practice Air Squadron unit was little, and all of those seems to have been in Japan.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A7% ... 3.E7.B7.B4

In many cases, the novice pilot's training is is done by the safety areas. No novice American pilot training in Iraq and Afghanistan, you know.
IJN seaplane forces was mainly used in islands of Southeast Asia until the airport is constructed. I think the operation of seaplane to be limited very much in the inland China area.

Of course, a part of Type 93 were disposed to front-line troops and used as utility plane, I cannot be denied existence at all.
However I don't recommend the seaplane to add your diorama at least.

Regards.

October 10th, 2009, 4:52 pm #3

thanks for info i have made a decision on using the silver and red (MANY SHADES OF BUFFING SILVERS)as no one can really say what happen on a daily time as planned will be using as a recon or message delivery craft park up on a beach iam now working on getting some plans to scratch build some Japanese landing craft and a supply ship i do know that Yellow Cat makes lot of this stuff but is very hard to come by so i stand better chance of getting line drawings for this than buying Y.C.kits the artist has a cash cow but only little at a time well that's how us artist are. thanks for helping me out on this matter Brock Beckstedt of Norfolk,Virginia 1/35 scale diorama builder and a student of the arts